Are Sheets and Sabathia now the best one-two pitcher combination in all of baseball?

5 star bomb

EOG Master
Re: Are Sheets and Sabathia now the best one-two pitcher combination in all of baseball?

Not a cubs hater at all. Love wrigleyville.

not saying you, but ALOT of other posters are. I agree about Lilly, he has been throwing a lot better of late. I think Harden is fine, his #'s show that

royalfan

EOG Dedicated
Re: Are Sheets and Sabathia now the best one-two pitcher combination in all of baseball?

not saying you, but ALOT of other posters are. I agree about Lilly, he has been throwing a lot better of late. I think Harden is fine, his #'s show that

You will see. Just a hunch on my part on me noticing his velocity seems down. Time will tell. He might be able to get national league lineups out though without his best.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Gaudin not something to be overlooked though. Not a horrible pitcher by any means.

Apple

Banned

Zambrano Harden Dempster is a pretty fucking good 1-2-3

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Like I said before... and this series has proved my point.

Cubs rotation is better than Brewers. We just beat Brewers #1 and #2 with are #1 and #4 sp's

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

i think it more importantly reflects on 2 comments i made way earller (and was scoffed at) that the Brewers are not ready for the big games yet, and the Cubs are....not to mention that i made note of the Brewers lack of defense, and "key" errors, and that is exactly what cost them the game last night...

if you are gonna be a serious contender (and i think they are a legite one) you have to be able to beat the team you are battling when you are AT HOME, with your ACE AND #2 PITCHER...you cant lose both of those.....now if Brewers come back and win the next 2, they leave the series where they started, which isnt bad, BUT they lose 4 home games, and the Cubs get rid of 4 road games......so the Cubs are still winners in the series....not to mention if the Brewers could win with their #3 and #4 starters in this series, you know they would have figured to take at least 3/4 with Sheets and CC going in the other 2......either way you look at it, split or better, the Cubs come out ahead in this 1st battle...if Cubs take 3/4, then Brewers will be scuffling for awhile from this

5 star bomb

EOG Master

i think it more importantly reflects on 2 comments i made way earller (and was scoffed at) that the Brewers are not ready for the big games yet, and the Cubs are....not to mention that i made note of the Brewers lack of defense, and "key" errors, and that is exactly what cost them the game last night...

if you are gonna be a serious contender (and i think they are a legite one) you have to be able to beat the team you are battling when you are AT HOME, with your ACE AND #2 PITCHER...you cant lose both of those.....now if Brewers come back and win the next 2, they leave the series where they started, which isnt bad, BUT they lose 4 home games, and the Cubs get rid of 4 road games......so the Cubs are still winners in the series....not to mention if the Brewers could win with their #3 and #4 starters in this series, you know they would have figured to take at least 3/4 with Sheets and CC going in the other 2......either way you look at it, split or better, the Cubs come out ahead in this 1st battle...if Cubs take 3/4, then Brewers will be scuffling for awhile from this

:cheers

Agree.... Its funny, were just Cubs homers blah blah blah. I dont hear the bashers anymore? Where are they at??

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Damn, is it October already?

It appeared so last week, when everyone told us the Cubs were done, and Milwaukee had already won the NL Pennant.....

I think its far from over, however the point is, i thought it was far from over last week as well, when everyone was trying to rub it in our faces cuz the crew had gotten hot and cubs had lost a couple in a row....just having some fun back now that the tide has turned.....seems fair

texansfan

EOG Master

I anxiously await the Cubs post season meltdown with chants of "Wait till next year!"

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

might very well happen.....29 teams each year chant "wait til next year"

but doesnt mean we cant enjoy the success while it lasts...but that seems to bother some

texansfan

EOG Master

Their success, or rather lack of it for the last 100 years or so doesn't bother me at all. I'll leave it at that.

Apple

Banned

We will definitely revist this thread in September..

kid44

EOG Dedicated

Like I said before... and this series has proved my point.

Cubs rotation is better than Brewers. We just beat Brewers #1 and #2 with are #1 and #4 sp's

How many games did we beat you in Chicago early in the year? It is just one series and will I be upset if the Crew is swept, sure, but like you keep saying there is plenty of ball left. This is not the playoffs. Do not crown your team to early.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

in the first head to head battle since the trade, it was pretty close matchup between the top 2 on each team....

Zambo and Dempster only combined to go (2-0), pitching 15 innings, with 10 hits, 1 earned run, and 18 k's between them....

The best 1-2 combo in the league combined to go (0-1) pitching 12 innings, with 20 hits, 9 ER, and 7k's between them....

Journeyman

EOG Master

Was he in better shape last yr?

What he did earlier means nothing.... I can give you several examples, here's a couple, Rick Sutcliffe, Doyle Alexander and Randy Johnson all left their teams during the season and went on to dominate with their new team ...there are many others, this is a the perfect storm for C.C. to turn it around, dont rule out an NL Cy Young run.

I doubt his shape has anything to do with it, he's never been in shape. :rolleyes:

:+textinb3

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated

Lot of talk at the ballpark last night about this J-man, if CC can get to around 14-1 with an ERA under 2, he has to be in consideration. Webb does need to have a few rough outings though too.