Are the Cubs finished?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Game 2 those guys are going to be gripping the bats pretty tight. The fans tension is going to be there. Its Torre, Its Manny, its postseason.
They're playing with house money.

Whatcha you gonna do when Mannymania runs wild on YOU?

:pop:

Re: Are the Cubs finished?

Yes, it is the Cubs, of course

Mike, I agree, they are done, but being from Milwaukee if you are a Brewha fan, they are extra well done. CC will get lit up like a pinball machine after back to back starts on 3 days rest.

I pull for the Brewers when not playing the Cubs, but that was a poor firing even with the way they finished. Classless.

YES - ITS ON UNIFORM. I WILL DIE, AND HOPEFULLY MY KIDS AND GRANDKIDS WILL DIE, WITH THE CUBS NEVER HAVING WON A WORLD SERIES. It's how it supposed to be. Fate. If the cubs win the world series, then the apocalype is soon to follow. :mad:

texansfan

EOG Master

YES - ITS ON UNIFORM. I WILL DIE, AND HOPEFULLY MY KIDS AND GRANDKIDS WILL DIE, WITH THE CUBS NEVER HAVING WON A WORLD SERIES. It's how it supposed to be. Fate. If the cubs win the world series, then the apocalype is soon to follow. :mad:

I believe that's if Obama wins.

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

FWIW:

In 102 years, the Cubs have lost the opening game of a playoff series TEN TIMES going on to LOSE each of those series.

The team that loses the first game of playoff series loses that series 85% of the time.

Source: Radio talking heads

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

FWIW:

In 102 years, the Cubs have lost the opening game of a playoff series TEN TIMES going on to LOSE each of those series.

The team that loses the first game of playoff series loses that series 85% of the time.

Source: Radio talking heads
\

wow, what can you say

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

I hope not, of all the teams in the playoffs i would want to watch them the most going for the win. If not, i would like to see the dodgers somehow make it through these playoffs and beat boston just to stick it to the yankees.

It's on the Uniform boys. Life as we know it will exist safely now. Cubs assume the position.. Actually, lets credit the Cubbies for restoring order when it was somewhat in question after the success of their regular season.