Are we going to talk about what Mike Fiers said!?!

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Fiers was one of four Astros sources who confirmed that the team used cameras at Minute Maid Park in 2017 to steal opposing pitching signs but the only one to go on record.

kane

EOG master
In the game 5 playoff game between the Astros and Rays, the Astros knew what was coming from Tyler Glasnow, the thought at the time was Glasnow was tipping his pitches, but maybe Houston was cheating to steal them

Heim

EOG Master
Come on now the Astros are the king of analytics. I'm sure the whistling coming from the tunnel was about
some hot girl in the stands.

railbird

EOG Master
In the game 5 playoff game between the Astros and Rays, the Astros knew what was coming from Tyler Glasnow, the thought at the time was Glasnow was tipping his pitches, but maybe Houston was cheating to steal them
not maybe, absouletely

kane

EOG master
Also, during the 2017 WS it was assumed Darvish was tipping pitches, now it looks like they cheated to win the WS that year. MLB needs to investigate this, and if it's true, the Astros need to get fined a record amount of money as well as losing numerous draft picks. Of course MLB can't undo what was done, but they need to set an example that this type of shit will not be allowed, MLB should throw the book at them

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Jomboy media on youtube did a video about them signaling when a change up was coming by banging a bat in the dugout to let the batter know.

Pitcher caught on. Called the catcher out they changed signs and threw a change up to strike him out.

No signal from the dugout.

This is worse than roids. At least everyone took peds

railbird

EOG Master
My hs team was worse, we would scuff balls on belt buckle. Our coach new 1st base umpire and told us to shove runner off of 1st and tag him out

Teams should just assume its happening all the time and regularly disguise the sign. Good pitcher/catcher combos set other teams up with this when runner is on second making them think they got the sign and then key pitch comes they completely throw them off.

kane

EOG master
If a runner on second can see the catcher's signals and is able to relay to the batter what pitch is coming, that's part of the game. If a player or coach on the bench is able to see the opposing pitcher is tipping his pitches and tells his teammates, that's part of the game. What isn't part of the game is installing a video camera in center field to see what signals the catcher is using, then relaying those signals to the dugout where someone is banging a bat to let the batter know what pitch is coming. MLB needs to come down hard on the Astros, and who knows how long this shit has been going on, I'm talking a record fine and the loss of numerous draft picks. Yu Darvish completely shit the bed in the 2017 WS, at the time it was thought he was tipping pitches, as Paul Harvey (google him kids) used to say, now you know the rest of the story

Valuist

EOG Master
Everything from their hitters has to be discredited to some extent. From the rise of Bregman to an offensive force to Alvarez's likely inflated numbers this past year.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Bet the max in houston under their win total. They won 60 games at home this season with this great cheating operation. This being stopped is probably worth 10-12 games.

You guys assume no one else is doing something along these lines? How about the guy the Blue Jays wanted to beat the shit out of in the outfield?

Frankly its so hard to stop the league should say as much as we don't like it there is no way to prevent it. So assume it happens and use your own countermeasures.

MrTop

EOG Master
sports books in jersey paying losing tickets on astros photo finish along with giving out a free 'The art of the Deal " book

;)

Valuist

EOG Master
I would liken sign stealing to counting cards. Using your brain, or eyes, is 100% legal. Use an electronic device to do the work, and it's not OK.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
You guys assume no one else is doing something along these lines? How about the guy the Blue Jays wanted to beat the shit out of in the outfield?

Frankly its so hard to stop the league should say as much as we don't like it there is no way to prevent it. So assume it happens and use your own countermeasures.
if other teams are doing the same thing they suck at it.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I would liken sign stealing to counting cards. Using your brain, or eyes, is 100% legal. Use an electronic device to do the work, and it's not OK.
that is part of the game. catcher is lazy and a guy on base is able to see a sign and signal to the batter is ok

no one on base and there is sign stealing with technology....not so much.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
IF the Astros are guilty of this penalties should include: A 7-8 figure fine, loss of draft picks including 1st Round and..................and I know MLB can't do this but: Ban the Astros from playing in the 202 Playoffs. The latter is very harsh but if they did what they did they should have the book thrown at them.

MrTop

EOG Master
IF the Astros are guilty of this penalties should include: A 7-8 figure fine, loss of draft picks including 1st Round and..................and I know MLB can't do this but: Ban the Astros from playing in the 202 Playoffs. The latter is very harsh but if they did what they did they should have the book thrown at them.

then the astros will dime every other team out. LOL