Arlington memories

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
GRF could be the next home of the Chicago Fire.

The city of Chicago is close to being one-third white, one-third black and one-third brown.

The Hispanic population is booming in the Windy City.

blueline

EOG Master
from a week ago :

In a shocking report, Crain's Chicago Business reported the Bears' main stadium focus is now centered on constructing a stadium on the South Lot of Soldier Field, not on the $197.2 million property they purchased in Arlington Heights.

Crain's report suggests the stadium would likely remain, however.

"And if I read the tea leaves right, Soldier Field would be largely converted to public parks and athletic fields, a step that could ease legal difficulties over building on the lakefront," Hinz wrote.

Hinz also reported one insider told him "We know the Soldier Field area can work."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Any chance FanDuel can purchase the Bears site in Arlington Heights and build a state-of-the-art racetrack and world headquarters on the old grounds?

I want to take the train to Arlington again.

blueline

EOG Master
Any chance FanDuel can purchase the Bears site in Arlington Heights and build a state-of-the-art racetrack and world headquarters on the old grounds?

thats been my under the radar possibility....the site is licensed for a 5000 machine racino type of place

Valuist

EOG Master

By "state of the art" do you mean a significantly smaller facility? The last place was definitely state of the art, and giant as well. Look at how Gulfstream downsized their grandstand. Don't need a big grandstrand. Would love to see a tent meet again like in 1987.