Attention ACCC: Wall Street Is Terrified Of The Tea Party

Charlie Gasparino: Wall Street Is Terrified Of The Tea Party

In an op-ed for WSJ, Charlie Gasparino predicts that by 2012 Wall Street will be out of love with the GOP, and will be heavily supporting Obama.

A key reason: Bankers are terrified of Tea Partiers, who have made killing bailout a key part of their plank.

Naturally some will question Gasparino's motives in writing this: He's a conservative, and it suits his ends to paint the Democrats as the party of the hated bankers.

But we buy what he's saying. We've made the same observation before, and there's also plenty of evidence supporting his contention.

We posted the chart last week showing Wall Street donation to "Tea Party" candidates. Note the pronounced lack of support for folks like Sharron Angle, Rand Paul, and Joe Miller. Those are the real rabble rousers in the bunch, and they've been shunned by the street.

If you thought Wall Street really hated Democrats, you'd think it'd be piling money into Angle's campaign, given the opportunity to knock off the majority leader. But nope. Wall Street is staying out of that one. Yes, Wall Street likes the GOP right now, but not the true ideological base of the party.

Click to enlarge.

Read more: Charlie Gasparino: Wall Street Is Terrified Of The Tea Party

tank

EOG Dedicated
Re: Attention ACCC: Wall Street Is Terrified Of The Tea Party

In an op-ed for WSJ, Charlie Gasparino predicts that by 2012 Wall Street will be out of love with the GOP, and will be heavily supporting Obama.
]
Thanks!!That's just what I needed to go to bed on knowing Obama will probably get re elected in 2012.

Re: Attention ACCC: Wall Street Is Terrified Of The Tea Party

Wall Street doesn't seem to have an issue with DeMint, who was the one current Congressman that you identified as a good Republican.

Also, nobody is disputing that the Democrats are weak and submissive to the Wall Street elite. I just think the Republicans would be even worse. If the Republicans put on a better performance than they did during the Bush and Obama years (so far), then maybe I would reconsider. Until then, I would not vote for or support a Republican, tea party or otherwise.