Baker Mayfield looks legit

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
It looks like Sam Darnold's team closed shop on the Dogpound.

Cleveland trying last-minute heroics.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Allen has no WRs and is on a terrible team, he'll be ok. Big Arm.

Rosen will be on field soon.

Darnold's horrible?

Gabe

Horse racing expert
E$13;n7456458 said:
I don’t understand how it took Taylor getting hurt for Baker to get on the field

Hue Jackson has cost his team at least 5-6 wins during his tenure. Awful coach.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Darnold gives away the game with an interception. What a surprise. 21-17 Cleveland with time running out.

royboy

EOG Dedicated
Agree...obvious small sample, but easy to see Mayfield is the real deal.

Might as well be Jesus in Cleveland tonight. I have leading browns back from a 14-0 deficit > walking on water.

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated
E$13;n7456458 said:
I don’t understand how it took Taylor getting hurt for Baker to get on the field

To give you an idea what kind of a loser head coach Hue Jackson is, as if 1-33-1 was not an indication, Hue had Mayfield number 3 on the depth chart to start the season. His reasoning even though Mayfield was outplaying Drew Stanton in the preseason was that Stanton had more NFL experience than Mayfield.

Drew Stanton got injured forcing Hue Jackson to move up Mayfield as the back up to Taylor.

Valuist

EOG Master
Gabe;n7456461 said:
Hue Jackson has cost his team at least 5-6 wins during his tenure. Awful coach.

I think you said it in a kinder manner. I was going to say Hue Jackson's thought process is worse than dog $hit. They could easily be 3-0 with better QB play in the first 2 games.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Anyone who bet the Browns last year knows there 3 miracle backdoor covers against them. The GB game last year cost me 5k and I was sick about it for weeks.

Valuist

EOG Master
As mediocre as Brett Hundley is, it's a joke that GB traded for Kizer and unloaded him. The Packers will regret that move, as we saw in his limited action in week 1 was a continuation of his work with the Browns last year

kane

EOG master
Valuist;n7456561 said:
As mediocre as Brett Hundley is, it's a joke that GB traded for Kizer and unloaded him. The Packers will regret that move, as we saw in his limited action in week 1 was a continuation of his work with the Browns last year

If Rodgers goes down, it honestly makes no difference whether their backup is Hundley or Kizer, their season would be over regardless of who their backup QB is

kane

EOG master
Heim;n7456523 said:
Charger fans were excited the first few games with Ryan Leaf too.....

Heim the voice of reason here. Personally I think Mayfield will be a good pro, but to say the Browns finally have a QB after the kid played one half of football is a bit premature

Valuist

EOG Master
kane;n7456576 said:
If Rodgers goes down, it honestly makes no difference whether their backup is Hundley or Kizer, their season would be over regardless of who their backup QB is

But why give up? And they actually traded a former first rounder to get Kizer.

royboy

EOG Dedicated
Common theme of people still doubting Mayfield after last night is they were calling him a bust, bad pick or Manziel 2.0 when he was drafted. I get it, it's hard to eat crow. But if you watched the game last night and weren't very impressed you need your eyes checked.

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated
I was very impressed with Mayfield. The progression the rookie QB made when his first option was not there was something you do not see in QB's that have been in the league a long time.

Jets blitzed with the safety, Mayfield burned them, Then the Jets try a linebacker blitz and Mayfield burns them again. Mayfield is the real deal..