Based on the reaction of squares

Valuist

EOG Master
in a confidence pool I'm in, the squares love both the Jets and New England this week. Because the NFL is one market where public money matters, not a bad idea to join one of these, if nothing else to see how the ploppies think.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
I have a couple of NFL square friends who I love hearing who they like.

One loves New England and Minnesota
one loves CAROLINA +6

Valuist

EOG Master
Gabe;n7455184 said:
I have a couple of NFL square friends who I love hearing who they like.

One loves New England and Minnesota
one loves CAROLINA +6

Carolina could definitely be distracted. The hurricane may not hit Charlotte directly, but they could still have considerable flooding. Look at last year; Houston was dealing with Hurricane Harvey fallout in week 1 and got destroyed by Jacksonville 29-7. The next week, the same Jags had to deal with flooding and damage from Hurricane Irma and they played like a distracted team, losing 37-16 to Tennessee.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It's hard to win in the NFL if your quarterback doesn't play well.

He affects every part of the game: offense, defense and special teams.

See Nathan Peterman and his career QB rating of 25.7.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Peyton Manning played great in the superbowl a few years back. Did everything he could to win the game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Gabe;n7455368 said:
Peyton Manning played great in the superbowl a few years back. Did everything he could to win the game.

Peyton was 2-2 in four Super Bowl appearances.

He was 14-13 in his NFL postseason career.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
I had the Jags wagered on all week and when the biggest square on here blueline was on the Pats I added more.

I gave blueline a name, an identity. Nobody knew who he was, now they do.

Valuist

EOG Master
kane;n7456794 said:
Square plays this week are Minny, KC, Chicago, NE, and GB

I'm seeing the same thing with KC and Chicago the strongest. I won't count Minnesota because this is a confidence pool, and not ATS. I don't know too many sharps who believe Buffalo has a shot at an outright win. I would add Philly, Baltimore and even Miami to drawing one sided action in the confidence pool.

KC is the definitive team squares love. Great offense, terrible defense.

Heim

EOG Master
The opener on the Chiefs left me scratching my head.....they're the next big thing and they're only -4 at home where they seldom lose to the 49ers!?

Gabe

Horse racing expert
funny thing is I've seen a lot of sharps and big bettors hammer KC. Could squares and sharps both be on KC? lol

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Gabe;n7456807 said:
funny thing is I've seen a lot of sharps and big bettors hammer KC. Could squares and sharps both be on KC? lol

Sure, the sharps will get the better price though. I like SF personally to cover.

Valuist

EOG Master
Gabe;n7456807 said:

So far? Why not? But I really wonder how many sharps are going to be laying 6 1/2 with KC. I'm guessing not many.

Heim

EOG Master
I'm having a hard time believing that TB will go off as a favorite by kickoff.....defense is almost as bad as Chiefs....they've recovered on defense every fumble opportunity, won both games by only one score and lastly they are still the Buccaneers. They have to be setting it up early for a Steeler up and over late.

Square

EOG Enthusiast
Heim;n7456797 said:
The opener on the Chiefs left me scratching my head.....they're the next big thing and they're only -4 at home where they seldom lose to the 49ers!?

I don’t know if the Chiefs advantage at Camarohead is as big as it used to be. Reid gets conservative there.

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad
Heim;n7456857 said:
I'm having a hard time believing that TB will go off as a favorite by kickoff.....defense is almost as bad as Chiefs....they've recovered on defense every fumble opportunity, won both games by only one score and lastly they are still the Buccaneers. They have to be setting it up early for a Steeler up and over late.

pittsburgh as public a team, as those highway stop fast food bathrooms, tend to to agree with heim

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Looks like the sharps are going to win with KC. I wasn't even thinking about KC but when I saw every professional I know on them it was an eye-opener.