Basketball Videos of the Day: Monster Dunk, Self-Alley Oop & Between the Leg Pass

Rubio's Sick Between-the-Legs Dime

Ricky Rubio pulled off a pretty slick between the leg pass last night in the Minnesota Timberwolves vs Oklahoma City Thunder game. Too bad his team-mate had an epic fail moment and missed the super easy shot.

SDSU Baller's Huge Self-Alley Oop

Jamaal Franklin slams one in on Fresno State using an old-school street-ball move: a Self-Alley Oop initiating from the 3-point line. This was the play of the day on ESPN Sports Center and some people are saying that it could very well be the slam dunk of the year.

Jeff Green's Back-to-back Monster Dunks

Green was the top scorer in last nights Phoenix Suns vs Boston Celtics game. He scored 14 points in the 87-79 win over the Suns. Yesterday was also the one year anniversary of when he had heart surgery and he said via twitter the he was "blessed to see another day and thankful for my family and friends." Jeff is a cool cat and I hope the Celtics, who are on a 4 win streak, keep streaking.

Re: Basketball Videos of the Day: Monster Dunk, Self-Alley Oop & Between the Leg Pass

which one is your fav vid?

Re: Basketball Videos of the Day: Monster Dunk, Self-Alley Oop & Between the Leg Pass

Loved the self alley oop but Rubio's creative pass was cool to watch as well.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Gotta love the freakish athleticism of today's athlete.

I'll vote for the college kid's self-pass.

mathy

EOG Addicted

The slam dunk is the most over-rated act of 'athleticism' in all of sports across the globe. The fact that they can do it over and over and over is proof that it is nothing special. To me it is no different than watching a pitcher throw a strike in the bullpen or a hockey player scoring on an empty net. But only in basketball does it get the viewers out of their seat. Then you watch the stars of the league go to the free throw line and can't out-perform an SBR poster:

http://www.sbrforum.com/video/20-straight-free-throws-v-5167/

I like the self alley oop the most as I actually use that move...too bad I can't dunk :(

Chi_Dorothy

EOG Dedicated

didn't realize Jeff Green had heart surgery.... crazy

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

I vote for the Rubio pass. It goes to show how great he can be and how shitty his teammates are in the fact that the dude BARELY hit the corner of the backboard from four feet out after the pass.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

didn't realize Jeff Green had heart surgery.... crazy

Celtics were praying that he would be an All-Star when they gave him a bunch of money. Only a few moments of being even an NBA player is what he has shown this season.

I vote for the Rubio pass. It goes to show how great he can be and how shitty his teammates are in the fact that the dude BARELY hit the corner of the backboard from four feet out after the pass.

yea that shot was pathetic