Bears

Valuist

EOG Master
Actually its 7 losses after byes, dating back to 2014. All non-covering losses. But I'm not sure how much stock one can put into results any older than 2019. How many players even on the 2018 team are on it now? Having said that, its 5 straight overs off a bye.

The total is one of the more interesting betting propositions; we have a dominant under team (Bears) playing against a dominant over team (Ravens). Both teams' pass defense has not been good. Are the Bears capable of exploiting a weak secondary? They certainly couldn't against Tampa. Wind between 10-14 will not help two QBs not noted for accuracy. I'm curious to see the combined sack prop. 4 1/2 with the over juiced to -150 would be my guess. We have two QBs who hold onto the ball a bit too long.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rumors of mack being out for the year flying around this morning.
Rumors were true.

Tough break for Khalil Mack who has been extremely durable throughout his pro and college careers.

He must have really whipped some people during his time at the University of Buffalo.

Mack is 30 years old.

Valuist

EOG Master
Doubt they would do it. Dalton had a nice game in relief.

If the McCaskey's had any backbone, they'd have done it already. This was a very winnable game, and they let it slip away. Outgained Baltimore 6.2 to 3.9 in YPP, 6 QB sacks of Huntley, and the Ravens only led for a total of 11.5 minutes during the game. I wouldn't be shocked if Nagy is fired tomorrow. He should be. But with the short week, its doubtful. But a loss to the winless Lions on the national stage with a long week coming up? That would be the perfect time.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I’ve watched three Ravens games this season - Detroit, Cinn, and the Bears.

not impressed.
I've seen 2 or 3, enough to conclude that while Jackson is exciting as heck, he's not a QB. the guys first instinct is to run, and when he does/must pass, he's not very good at it, sorta flicks the ball down the field.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I've seen 2 or 3, enough to conclude that while Jackson is exciting as heck, he's not a QB. the guys first instinct is to run, and when he does/must pass, he's not very good at it, sorta flicks the ball down the field.

I like Merlin's description of "flicking" the ball downfield.

Excellent visual.

blueline

EOG Master
Romo getting torn apart for his comments during the game.
Saying the bears had "sneaky good" young players on offense....better than their record...praising pace
1 million per game to speak nonsense like that

kane

EOG master
The guy won an MVP, I'd say he's a QB

kane

EOG master
His passing has clearly improved over time...not my first choice if I had to pick a QB to win a playoff game but he is obviously a real NFL QB
Harbaugh has designed an offense perfectly suited for him, obviously he isn't a drop back passer who's gonna sling it all over the field, but saying he's not a QB is a dumb comment

mr merlin

EOG Master
With a lead, jackson is very good, that is when he doesn't have to pass, if they're behind and he's got to let his arm make something happen, he sucks. He sucks because he still wants to run - so he'll look for his first read and then take off running, then when he cant go downfield he makes bad throws.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Romo getting torn apart for his comments during the game.
Saying the bears had "sneaky good" young players on offense....better than their record...praising pace
1 million per game to speak nonsense like that
I heard that comment yesterday. He’s kind or correct - but that is on Pace,

blueline

EOG Master
Romo said 4 or 5 things that were head-shaking..........forgot who said it but it was pointed out Hub's kids are somehow dependent on the bears .....that explained a lot of what hub has said including his continued insistence that teddy is not involved in football decisions

blueline

EOG Master
An “overwhelming number” of Chicago Bears players want head coach Matt Nagy fired according to NFL insider Jordan Schultz.

Schultz co-hosts the Playoff Pod with Bears’ top wide receiver Allen Robinson, so he’s got a direct connection to the team. He took to Twitter on November 22 to reveal that Nagy has lost the team. “He lost some of the locker room last season, but now it’s gone,” Schultz tweeted.

Schultz told co-hosts Danny Parkins and Matt Spiegel his report is accurate, and that Nagy started losing the locker room last year after the Bears lost to the Detroit Lions for the first time since 2017. Schultz revealed the Bears coach further distanced himself from the team early on this season, when he elected to start veteran quarterback Andy Dalton over a rookie first-round draft pick Justin Fields.

“It started at the beginning of the year when he named Dalton the starter,” Schultz told Parkins.

Now, in the throes of a five-game losing streak, Bears players — most of the team, according to Schultz — want Nagy gone. As he also noted in his tweet, firing a head coach before the regular season concludes isn’t something the Bears have done since the team was founded in 1920.

mr merlin

EOG Master
An “overwhelming number” of Chicago Bears players want head coach Matt Nagy fired according to NFL insider Jordan Schultz.

Schultz co-hosts the Playoff Pod with Bears’ top wide receiver Allen Robinson, so he’s got a direct connection to the team. He took to Twitter on November 22 to reveal that Nagy has lost the team. “He lost some of the locker room last season, but now it’s gone,” Schultz tweeted.

Schultz told co-hosts Danny Parkins and Matt Spiegel his report is accurate, and that Nagy started losing the locker room last year after the Bears lost to the Detroit Lions for the first time since 2017. Schultz revealed the Bears coach further distanced himself from the team early on this season, when he elected to start veteran quarterback Andy Dalton over a rookie first-round draft pick Justin Fields.

“It started at the beginning of the year when he named Dalton the starter,” Schultz told Parkins.

Now, in the throes of a five-game losing streak, Bears players — most of the team, according to Schultz — want Nagy gone. As he also noted in his tweet, firing a head coach before the regular season concludes isn’t something the Bears have done since the team was founded in 1920.
Well, Fields is playing and has been almost the whole year, how's that working out so far?

Valuist

EOG Master
Last edited: