Bears

blueline

EOG Master
and the beat goes on :

The embattled coach said a Patch.com report that the Bears have told him he will be fired after Thursday’s game against the Detroit Lions “is not accurate,” but according to multiple sources, he offered little to make players believe he will be around much longer, leaving at least some players dismayed at the organization’s lack of direction.

That was before Nagy canceled all meetings scheduled for the rest of Tuesday afternoon and evening, the sources said, a highly unusual move that prompted one source to wonder if Nagy is resigned to his fate.

For Nagy’s future — and the team’s handling of it — to become a full-blown distraction is a troubling development made worse in a short week of preparation.

While Nagy told media during his midday news conference he was not scheduled to meet with his bosses this week — not surprising considering the quick turnaround for the Thanksgiving Day game — he told players after the walk-through that he did have a “productive” meeting with ownership, sources said.

“We have not talked this week, and that was scheduled,” Nagy told media while declining to say when he last met with ownership. “We have a good schedule over the years where we have discussions, like you guys always hear us talk about. We have constant communication. I always think it’s good and healthy, and so we stayed on course. With the bye week and then with the short turnaround and with game prep, we have not.”

Sometime between saying that and heading to the Walter Payton Center for the second walk-through, Nagy did meet with ownership, according to sources. Those sources said Nagy told players that it was about them moving forward and that no one knows what tomorrow will bring, and they said he broke down the team on “family.”

He did not shed any light on his status, the sources said, which left some players angry that he didn’t address the report head on, less than 48 hours before the team will try to end a five-game losing streak against the winless Lions (0-9-1) in a nationally televised game. It sets up to be a potential debacle for a franchise that has suffered through more than its share of embarrassments in the last decade.

mr merlin

EOG Master
and the beat goes on :

The embattled coach said a Patch.com report that the Bears have told him he will be fired after Thursday’s game against the Detroit Lions “is not accurate,” but according to multiple sources, he offered little to make players believe he will be around much longer, leaving at least some players dismayed at the organization’s lack of direction.

That was before Nagy canceled all meetings scheduled for the rest of Tuesday afternoon and evening, the sources said, a highly unusual move that prompted one source to wonder if Nagy is resigned to his fate.

For Nagy’s future — and the team’s handling of it — to become a full-blown distraction is a troubling development made worse in a short week of preparation.

While Nagy told media during his midday news conference he was not scheduled to meet with his bosses this week — not surprising considering the quick turnaround for the Thanksgiving Day game — he told players after the walk-through that he did have a “productive” meeting with ownership, sources said.

“We have not talked this week, and that was scheduled,” Nagy told media while declining to say when he last met with ownership. “We have a good schedule over the years where we have discussions, like you guys always hear us talk about. We have constant communication. I always think it’s good and healthy, and so we stayed on course. With the bye week and then with the short turnaround and with game prep, we have not.”

Sometime between saying that and heading to the Walter Payton Center for the second walk-through, Nagy did meet with ownership, according to sources. Those sources said Nagy told players that it was about them moving forward and that no one knows what tomorrow will bring, and they said he broke down the team on “family.”

He did not shed any light on his status, the sources said, which left some players angry that he didn’t address the report head on, less than 48 hours before the team will try to end a five-game losing streak against the winless Lions (0-9-1) in a nationally televised game. It sets up to be a potential debacle for a franchise that has suffered through more than its share of embarrassments in the last decade.
If this is true watch for the players to stick the final fork into him on thursday just to finish him off.

Valuist

EOG Master
With the total down to 41, and maybe falling even further, have to start looking at the over. Dalton definitely is an upgrade in the passing game, Montgomery is healthy, and the Bears D is anything BUT healthy. Just decimated too much by injuries. Detroit passing game obviously weak with Boyle, but looked good running the ball, and the Bears D just can't be trusted right now. Obviously, no weather conditions to worry about. Detroit with 9 straight games under 20 points scored. Think a good chance that ends on Thursday.

The first matchup had 38 points, but the Lions were only 1 of 5 in the red zone. The Bears D had Mack, Hicks and Eddie Jackson in that game. Jackson might be able to play, but the other two won't.

Last edited:

blueline

EOG Master
cue the circus music :

Dan Pompei

@danpompei

1h

Source: George McCaskey addressed the Bears players and coaches today and told them there was no truth to the report that Matt Nagy will be fired after the game Thursday.

I read a good one on this today. Bears really need to tank because they need draft help at a lot of positions, and are at a critical point in the schedule where they should start losing most games. Firing the coach that has lost the room probably hurts any tanking efforts. Meanwhile the Lions have plenty of leeway to win a game, maybe even two so they won't need to hold back here.

Valuist

EOG Master
I read a good one on this today. Bears really need to tank because they need draft help at a lot of positions, and are at a critical point in the schedule where they should start losing most games. Firing the coach that has lost the room probably hurts any tanking efforts. Meanwhile the Lions have plenty of leeway to win a game, maybe even two so they won't need to hold back here.

The Bears don't have a first rounder for 2022, as they traded away the pick to move up to take Fields. I think it was the Giants who they traded with.

blueline

EOG Master
maybe the romo praise on sunday worked :

league sources tell Kevin Fishbain of The Athletic that Pace could be retained for the 2022 season, which would mark his eighth year on the job. After all, there are currently three clubs — the Buccaneers, Cardinals and Chargers — that have hired three head coaches under one GM, and all three of those teams have legitimate championship aspirations. Plus, Bears ownership generally places a high value on stability and thinks rather highly of Pace, which could give the team’s top exec one more bite at the apple.

blueline

EOG Master
a lot of ryan day noise around here......nagy gone and pace survives by snagging day reuniting with fields.....does momma approve?

blueline

EOG Master
todays local radio airwaves discussion on the next bears head coaching candidate...harbaugh....jim not john

Valuist

EOG Master
Deonte Harris of the Saints is the new Tarik Cohen.. If you tuned out before the final 3 minutes of the game, you missed this:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Deonte Harris of the Saints is the new Tarik Cohen.. If you tuned out before the final 3 minutes of the game, you missed this:

I did not have a bet on the game so I tuned out when the score was 20-10 in favor of the Cowboys late in the fourth quarter.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I know New Orleans QB Taysom Hill is limited, but how much of his passing ability (or lack thereof) last night was a product of his finger injury?

Valuist

EOG Master
I did not have a bet on the game so I tuned out when the score was 20-10 in favor of the Cowboys late in the fourth quarter.

I had a Harris over 33 1/2 receiving yards in the game. He was at 26 yards before that little catch and run. I'm sure fantasy types will love Tayson Hill's game (265 pass yards/100 rush yards) but it was fluffed up by that 70 yarder late. Hill threw the ball 5 yards and Harris ran 65.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I know New Orleans QB Taysom Hill is limited, but how much of his passing ability (or lack thereof) last night was a product of his finger injury?
I think his passing was the same before and after, his picks were more of desperation/forcing the ball since they were behind.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I think his passing was the same before and after, his picks were more of desperation/forcing the ball since they were behind.

I didn't like the flight of Hill's balls.

(Note: May need to edit that line at some point.)

It seemed the nose of the football was pointed skyward on a lot of his passes.

The ball seemed to float in the air, in sharp contrast to some of Dak Prescott's bullet throws.

Valuist

EOG Master
Going for the middle with Zach Ertz.

Under 41 1/2 receiving yards -115 Heritage
Over 34 1/2 receiving yards +102 Bookmaker

Valuist

EOG Master
The Bears may be bad, but Roquan Smith is a beast. Murray appeared to have the corner on him, but Smith just outran him and forced a 4th down.

Valuist

EOG Master
I really am not sold on Arizona. Yes, Murray's first game back and conditions weren't great. But FOUR Bear INTs set them up inside the Bears' 30 yard line. You couldn't gift wrap a game easier. The Cardinals only had one decent drive all game. The 33 points is very phony.

I really am not sold on Arizona. Yes, Murray's first game back and conditions weren't great. But FOUR Bear INTs set them up inside the Bears' 30 yard line. You couldn't gift wrap a game easier. The Cardinals only had one decent drive all game. The 33 points is very phony.
Lookahead spot though, next week's game if the Cards win almost locks up the division for them but a loss makes it a battle to the end. Plus the Murray we see today is probably nothing like the one we see in the playoffs. Still its the NFL, no one is that far ahead of the others.

Valuist

EOG Master
Lookahead spot though, next week's game if the Cards win almost locks up the division for them but a loss makes it a battle to the end. Plus the Murray we see today is probably nothing like the one we see in the playoffs. Still its the NFL, no one is that far ahead of the others.

Those are valid points. I did have Murray under 251 1/2 passing yards, due to the conditions and possible rust, but based on the way the game unfolded, there was no need for Arizona to do much throwing. Reminded me a lot of Tua's debut last year. I remember a lot of people criticizing Tua in his debut, but their D forced a number of turnovers and they had a 20 point lead before halftime and absolutely no need for Tua to pile up attempts and yardage. The Arizona D set up the offense FOUR times inside the Chicago 30 due to turnovers. They obviously cannot count on those kind of breaks. But I do have to give some credit for a Phoenix based team, used to playing many games inside or in pristine conditions, to go into 35 degree cold, rain, and wind and get an easy win.

boston massacre

EOG Master
N F L Should Have Flexed Balt/Clev. To Sunday Night.

Doesn't Goodell Understand That Green Bay/ Bears at Lambeau in a Shit Match Up.

Moron.

Those are valid points. I did have Murray under 251 1/2 passing yards, due to the conditions and possible rust, but based on the way the game unfolded, there was no need for Arizona to do much throwing. Reminded me a lot of Tua's debut last year. I remember a lot of people criticizing Tua in his debut, but their D forced a number of turnovers and they had a 20 point lead before halftime and absolutely no need for Tua to pile up attempts and yardage. The Arizona D set up the offense FOUR times inside the Chicago 30 due to turnovers. They obviously cannot count on those kind of breaks. But I do have to give some credit for a Phoenix based team, used to playing many games inside or in pristine conditions, to go into 35 degree cold, rain, and wind and get an easy win.

All very true, but then again I don't think the weather differences are what they used to be with all the free agents and short term stays of players on teams. Most guys in the NFL have played in plenty of bad weather elsewhere.

Looking at the situation I am kind of surprised Murray even played. I think they were willing to scratch him unless he was almost 100% and no risk of reinjury. This week a MNF home game to clinch the division, if they had any worries about Murray they wouldn't have sent him out there considering McCoy was really good in winning two divisional road games.

blueline

EOG Master
the headsets weren't working again.....they had 2 weeks to get it right......seriously this is supposed to be an actual NFL team

blueline

EOG Master
3 flights scheduled to leave Palwaukee for GB in a 15 min timeframe.......owners box may be full tonight with McCaskeys