BEEN HERE 11 YEARS AND LOVE BASHING THIS PIECE OF SHIT COUNTRY

Viet

EOG Member
Re: BEEN HERE 11 YEARS AND LOVE BASHING THIS PIECE OF SHIT COUNTRY

Would you rather live in costa rica or usa?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Ok. Let's say you were younger, weren't in the gambling biz, had to commute to work...and lets say prostitutes were legal the states. You would still choose to live here?

Then he wouldn't be Willy Loman would he?
And I am guessing he would still say that Costa Rica is still the nuts especially how and where he lives...

Tom could adapt anywhere he chooses, much like myself...

My wife is tica, and she's incredibly close with her family. My son is the same way. When I see how close the entire familiy is, it would just be cruel of me to take them away from that. Life is all about family, man. I would never split apart something that means that much to them.

That makes sense. For some reason, I thought your wife was gringa.

chullo

EOG Member

Costa Rica is a great place to live if you make decent money. You can live like a proverbial King on a fraction of what it would cost stateside. The climate in the Central Valley is also right up there with the best anywhere in the world for the 'eternal spring' that most people find the most comfortable. Generally speaking services are dirt cheap but products are expensive. If you try to take care of alot of things yourself, you will overpay and go insane. Most things require the assistance of a local, regardless if you speak perfect Spanish. Buck up, pay somebody to help you out and pay $200 to fix your car instead of $2000. Trust me it is worth it or you will go crazy. Every year it becomes more and more comfortable to live as internet and TV and other services become more advanced. I'd be interested to know where people who call Costa Rica a 'piece of shit country' would consider to be a 'paradise'? They say that the grass is always greener on the other side...

chullo

EOG Member

It's in santa teresa....

Going to a gringo establishment in Santa Teresa, what would you expect?

To live at the beach you need to multiply your level of patience by 100 times. People like it cause its not Americanized but then trash it because it isn't in the same breath. Its not fair really.

Going to a gringo establishment in Santa Teresa, what would you expect?

To live at the beach you need to multiply your level of patience by 100 times. People like it cause its not Americanized but then trash it because it isn't in the same breath. Its not fair really.

I'd much rather live at the beach here than the city. What do I expect? I can go to the TOT and get a big sandwich for $10. Gringo bar en Escazu. Not for leaves, fruits, and seeds in between bread...that was my complaint.

chullo

EOG Member

I'd much rather live at the beach here than the city. What do I expect? I can go to the TOT and get a big sandwich for $10. Gringo bar en Escazu. Not for leaves, fruits, and seeds in between bread...that was my complaint.

I hear you. TOT is a slam also (and not because they are 'killing it'), just because I think it costs alot of money to put out good American style food. Their prices are comparable to any good sports bar in the US and so is the quality. Of course its Costa Rica so immediately people expect to pay $2 for lunch and then get a rude awakening as to what that $2 actually buys. I've adjusted my eating habits and consume alot less hamburgers and more local fare. Just gotta know where to go really, its the same way everywhere. I haven't been to TOT in years, and thats not because I don't like it, I just don't really hang my hat in Escazu or Santa Ana, or any of the real Gringo 'traps'. I find life is much more enjoyable not being subject to the bizarre Gringo way of life in Costa Rica. Everybody has a story... gets old after awhile. That would be my biggest complaint as I go about the day minding my own business and staying out of the drama.

Jensinc

EOG Member

Ok. Let's say you were younger, weren't in the gambling biz, had to commute to work...and lets say prostitutes were legal the states. You would still choose to live here?

Again, i don't need prostitutes, and the guys are only dressed up in drag anyway on calle 10. I stay because I am really calmer here. The drive from the airport after being away is like valium. Happy to be home after being up north. Don't miss a thing.

smartymarty

EOG Veteran

living in costa rica is more expensive then living in most USA locations.

i wish to discuss banks. you would think banks exist to handle money. well, here
it just ain't so. you see, there are no street names or house numbers in most places
outside the center of san jose. people do not use mail to send checks and pay bills.
the majority do not pay via internet. even though there are many locals to pay
bills( phone, utility, cable, internet, municipality, etc) yet, the majority people go
to the bank to pay these bills. that means if you need to make a financial transaction
you might need to wait 30 minutes , an hour or more to do your thing. Plus people
are so inconsiderate they bring the bills of their friends and family. so, there are perhaps
30 people waiting, 3 or 4 cashiers--imagine the wait. also, they don't have
lines here--practically impossible as it takes so long, so you must sit. that's good as older
customers, women with children, pregnant women, people with canes can walk in and get
served before you even if you're waiting an hour.
if you're not a patient person, it's torture!!!!!

Jensinc

EOG Member

I don't need no prostitutes, but i love this country. I have a valium effect when I come back here from up there. That drive from the airport just makes me feel like I am home.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

living in costa rica is more expensive then living in most USA locations.

i wish to discuss banks. you would think banks exist to handle money. well, here
it just ain't so. you see, there are no street names or house numbers in most places
outside the center of san jose. people do not use mail to send checks and pay bills.
the majority do not pay via internet. even though there are many locals to pay
bills( phone, utility, cable, internet, municipality, etc) yet, the majority people go
to the bank to pay these bills. that means if you need to make a financial transaction
you might need to wait 30 minutes , an hour or more to do your thing. Plus people
are so inconsiderate they bring the bills of their friends and family. so, there are perhaps
30 people waiting, 3 or 4 cashiers--imagine the wait. also, they don't have
lines here--practically impossible as it takes so long, so you must sit. that's good as older
customers, women with children, pregnant women, people with canes can walk in and get
served before you even if you're waiting an hour.
if you're not a patient person, it's torture!!!!!

That is torture. You need to have a friend bring your bills, LOL