Best credit cards to have??

StickyRicky34

EOG Member
I am looking for a new credit card. I typically try to use my cash/debit in most cases but in some cases I will obviously need a credit card. I just recently paid off and got rid of my visa which I was paying 29%. I got in a little trouble with it and I wont let that happen again. Can anyone point me to the direction of the best cards out their? Thanks 12io4j2w90

kingsfan4evr24

EOG Member
Re: Best credit cards to have??

id look into a credit card or some sort with cash back with rewards involved whether it be flyer miles or gift certificates.. you should especially find a card that has a 0% entry APR on purchases for a year, i currently have a credit card through my credit union with a 5k limit that has 0% on cash advances and balance transfers.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

depends how you look at it....

personally I think you should have at least 2

1) one with a high ass APR and possibly an annual fee.....but some kick ass rewards like miles or cash back or gifts.....pay that off every month and collect the points without paying any interest.

2) one with a low APR that you can use for the situations where your money may be tied up for a while....and don't wanna take it up the ass in interest.

I think it is always good to have 2 CCs anyways just in case something happens to one....maybe the cc isn't working temporarily for some reason...

Stick with your debit card dude. In these times, only buy it you can afford it now. Credit card companies are and about to be more under pressure to do the right thing when it comes to customers. Wait out the wave

Dante

EOG Veteran

depends how you look at it....

personally I think you should have at least 2

1) one with a high ass APR and possibly an annual fee.....but some kick ass rewards like miles or cash back or gifts.....pay that off every month and collect the points without paying any interest.

2) one with a low APR that you can use for the situations where your money may be tied up for a while....and don't wanna take it up the ass in interest.

I think it is always good to have 2 CCs anyways just in case something happens to one....maybe the cc isn't working temporarily for some reason...

I have a chase one that has a 5.99% and a great point reward system... I pay all my bills with it then pay the balance in full each month and get the points for that so I pay nothing for the free giftcards and such that it earns, if you can disipline yourself this way you can make alot of free money

gbm

EOG Enthusiast

i like the discover gas card. 5 % back on auto purchases. and they take your side on a dispute.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

The only good credit card is one cut into 18 pieces; melted beyond recognition, then cremated and mixed with madoff's ashes.

jmho

gl

:+whipping:doh1

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

For the Munchkin Man, the best credit card to have is any credit card from any bank that is willing to give the Munchkin Man a credit card, in spite of the Munchkin Man's credit history.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Do ANY Credit Card companies have the SAME due date each month?
To me it seems to be a game with what the due date will be! I don't know WHY it can't be one single date each month.