Best Dual Threat QB of all time?

mofome

Banned
Let's take a look at the candidates in this discussion:

1. Tommy Frazier - Nebraska - Frazier led his team to back-to-back consensus national championships in 1994 and 1995, and he remains the only quarterback to have done so since the 1950s. The 1995 Nebraska team is considered to have been one of the most dominant in the history of American college football. In a 2006 ESPN.com poll, the results of which aired on Sportscenter, the 1995 Nebraska team was voted the best college team of all time. In 2004, CollegeFootballNews.com named Frazier the #33 player on their list of the Top 100 Greatest College Football Players of All-Time.

Career statistics

Record as starter: 33-3 (91.7%)
Passing: 250-509 (49.1%), 4,003 yards, 47 TD, 18 INT
Rushing: 386 carries, 2,263 yards (5.9 ypc), 36 TD
*Senior stats (Heisman Trophy runner-up): 98-177 (55.4%), 1,467 yards, 18 TD, 6 INT
113 carries, 803 yards (7.1 ypc), 16 TD

2. Tim Tebow - Florida - Tebow already has a National Championship ring. Tebow finished the regular season( His first as a starter) with 217 completed passes in 317 attempts for 3132 yards gained and 29 touchdowns with six interceptions?giving him the second highest passing efficiency in the nation with 177.8. Additionally, he rushed 194 times for 838 yards and 22 touchdowns on the ground through 11 games. Tebow's 51 touchdowns were more than 87 Division 1-A Teams scored. His career statistics have the potential to be mind blowing. Tebow became the first Sophomore in history to win the Heisman Trophy in 2007.

3. Pat White - West Virginia - Career statistics include 327 completions in 509 pass attempts for 4,207 yards, 35 TD's and 16 INT's. 493 rush attempts for 3,506 yards and 39 TD's. He's 33-5 as a starter and he's won 2 BCS Bowls. Pat is the 2 time reigning Big East Player of the Year and finished 6th in the 2007 Heisman voting. Oh yeah, he still has another year to play.

4. Vince Young - Texas - Vince and the Horns won the National Title in 05. Vince's career statistics include 444 completions in 718 attempts for 6,040 yards with 44 TD's and 28 INT's. 457 rush attempts for 3,127 yards and 37 TD's. Young finished second behind Reggie Bush in the voting for the Heisman Trophy as a Junior. Young reached a win/loss record as a starter of 30-2, ranking him #1 of all UT quarterbacks by number of wins. His .938 winning percentage as a starting quarterback ranks sixth best in Division I history. In 2006, ESPN named Young as the 10th best college football player of all time.

5. Brad Smith - Missouri - Yes, Brad Smith. 25-23 as a starter but take a look at these career numbers: 835 completions in 1,484 attempts for 8,799 yards and 56 TD's and 33 INT's. He also had 799 rushing attempts good for 4,289 yards and 45 TD's.

* All-time division 1-A leader for rushing by a quarterback
* First player in division 1-A history to pass for 8,000 yards and run for 4,000 yards in career
* First player in division 1-A history to pass for 2,000 yards and run for 1,000 yards in a season twice in a career

Found that on Rivals. Tebow will head this list soon.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Re: Best Dual Threat QB of all time?

YOung won that national Championship all by himself almost. He was spectacular early in that comeback win over Ohio State on the road. And he was even better against USC. The guy was unstoppable. He got Mack Brown off the hook. Big time.

Journeyman

EOG Master

YOung won that national Championship all by himself. He was spectacular early in that comeback win over Ohio State on the road. And he was even better against USC. The guy was unstoppable. He got Mack Brown off the hook. Big time.

absolutely....he was just unbelievable that season.

YOung won that national Championship all by himself almost. He was spectacular early in that comeback win over Ohio State on the road. And he was even better against USC. The guy was unstoppable. He got Mack Brown off the hook. Big time.

and i thought the year before in the rose bowl was going to be his best career performance but no he passes it 10 fold in his last collegiate game against ESPN's "best college team ever"

Journeyman

EOG Master

The game I will never forget that yr, Texas-Ok St...Texas was getting destroyed at the half, I think they were laying 21 and were down by like 21 at the half, soemthign crazy, not only did they comeback but they came back and covered, by 7!

I am pretty sure on the facts...one of the biggest pointspread comebacks I've ever seen, maybe the biggest.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

and i thought the year before in the rose bowl was going to be his best career performance but no he passes it 10 fold in his last collegiate game against ESPN's "best college team ever"

Right. USC was unbeatable at that point. Great game. I think the game you mean was against Michigan in that Bowl game when he just dominated them. He had that long stride and was so smooth as a runner. He ate mich up. Memories!

The game I will never forget that yr, Texas-Ok St...Texas was getting destroyed at the half, I think they were laying 21 and were down by like 21 at the half, soemthign crazy, not only did they comeback but they came back and covered, by 7!

I am pretty sure on the facts...one of the biggest pointspread comebacks I've ever seen, maybe the biggest.

at first i thought you were talking about that game they had at ok st this year...down 21 going into the 4th and charles blew up and the horns put up 24 unanswered in the 4th...aaahhhhhhhhh i cant wait for longhorn football this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

That was a Sat night TBS game and it was a game for the ages. Once they finally got going they jsut scored early and often.

Right. USC was unbeatable at that point. Great game. I think the game you mean was against Michigan in that Bowl game when he just dominated them. He had that long stride and was so smooth as a runner. He ate mich up. Memories!

i know and watched both games...i was just saying i thought that game against michigan was going to be his best collegiate performance ever but he signs off w/ that godlike performance against USC in their backyard...

Journeyman

EOG Master

it was this game lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SCFXRnN2bM0&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SCFXRnN2bM0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

down 16 at half and put up 35 unanswered in the second half...