Best place to sell gift cards?

MCP

contest at work...won (2) $500 gift cards to Walmart, which I refuse to shop at... I tried craigslist and all I get are a bunch of nitwits texting me offering me $200

MCP

Re: Best place to sell gift cards?

Even if I could do that, which I highly doubt, based on payment method restrictions for prepaid visa's, I still wouldnt. Not going to give Walmart one cent of business.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

Well you can and you must not like money. You can those visa cards for anything

Fuck 1k don't last long.

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated

Is that $200. per card, or total? ---Why do you hate Walmart?---3miles away--Go there to use moneygram all the time, they have their place in the retail world.
contest at work...won (2) $500 gift cards to Walmart, which I refuse to shop at... I tried craigslist and all I get are a bunch of nitwits texting me offering me $200

Chickadee

EOG Senior Member

If you're American there are a few websites that buy them at a discount. I've not had any experience with them though. I usually e-bay cards that have no conceivable use to me. The best value however is just to use them at the store.

Herbie

EOG Addicted

Even if I could do that, which I highly doubt, based on payment method restrictions for prepaid visa's, I still wouldnt. Not going to give Walmart one cent of business.

Versus selling them and let someone else give them the same amount of business? :+clueless

Given your stance seems like a bonfire might be your only option...

MCP

Versus selling them and let someone else give them the same amount of business? :+clueless

Given your stance seems like a bonfire might be your only option...

Yes it may seem silly, and I may seem to be cutting off my nose to spite my face, but, I have my reasons.

MCP

:lightbulb:

When I put them up on Craigslist I asked $800 for the pair, or $420 each. I received an offer on here for higher than that, but think the guy was just fishing or something, have not heard back.

MCP

why not put them on ebay and get 490+ each?

Girlfriend said there is high rate of charge backs on gift cards at ebay, plus the 4% paypal fee, plus the 10% ebay takes, not really worth it.

will probably just give them away as christmas gift or something

ERBtheGREAT

EOG Dedicated

What if somebody sold you a gift card that was used? How could you even prove there wasn't money on it?

MCP

Good question, I do not know. One guy wanted me to scratch off the pin.... yeah, ok.

ERBtheGREAT

EOG Dedicated

Selling or buying gift cards just seems to risky...better off giving as a gift or giving a friend in real life that shops there 10% off face value or something.

Chickadee

EOG Senior Member

I've sold a couple thousand dollars of gift cards on e-bay and never had a charge back. I physically mail the card only however and state specifically in listing that mailing card # is unavailable. On average I lose about 15% of face value due to fees which sucks.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

Barter them to a Latin American crew for work around your house. I suggest the parking lot of Home Depot.

Chickadee

EOG Senior Member

Was anyone astute enough to take this man up on his generous offer? :lol

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

Dumb thread Wally World already has the money soon as gift cards are bought.