Best Sporting event of the year is?

mofome

Banned
the best time of year is january, bowl games and nfl playoffs. but the best single event....got to love the world cup.

:houra

tripp

EOG Master
Re: Best Sporting event of the year is?

March Madness and Wimbledon are two of the best yearly. agree that the world cup is definitely the biggest sporting event though

superbowl semi final sunday

This would get my vote also. Always two huge games and at least if one is a dud, you've got another. Not like the Super Bowl itself which is a one shot hit or miss deal really.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

best time of year is MArch...

Minnesota State high School Hockey tournament..

then May Kentucky Derby

Then June/July for Wimbledon

others far back!

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

The best time of the year is Sept-Oct when every weekend you have pages worth of college football games on saturday, a whole set of NFL games on sunday, MNF, weeknight college football, MLB reg season playoff push + playoffs.....

I love march madness, the masters, NFL playoffs, bowl season, etc......but any regular season saturday in college football is probably the best....from the first game til that Hawaii game, I can stay at home for 15 hours and watch football....when I'm done I start looking at the NFL games the next day....for betting and for my fantasy lineups.....good shit

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Masters
World Series
Kentucky Derby

World Cup is the biggest event...too bad once every four years...

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

The don't call it the greatest 2 minutes in sports for nothin!

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

The best time of the year is Sept-Oct when every weekend you have pages worth of college football games on saturday, a whole set of NFL games on sunday, MNF, weeknight college football, MLB reg season playoff push + playoffs.....

I love march madness, the masters, NFL playoffs, bowl season, etc......but any regular season saturday in college football is probably the best....from the first game til that Hawaii game, I can stay at home for 15 hours and watch football....when I'm done I start looking at the NFL games the next day....for betting and for my fantasy lineups.....good shit

this mean speaks the fucking truth!!

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

my rankings:

1. saturdays in the fall
2. world cup
3. kentucky derby
4. nba playoffs
5. march madness
6. nfl playoffs
7. the masters
8. midseason $$$-making baseball.

there is absolutely no arguing with this list, btw.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

first 2 days of the NCAA Tourney when you have 16 games on from (PDT) 9A-9P

for me the best is the Stanley Cup Finals since the NHL Playoffs are UNQUESTIONABLY the BEST playoffs of ANY sport. The Stanley Cup is by far the hardest Championship to win of any sport (please don't disgrace yourself by saying the NBA or NFL is - please don't do it)

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

the nba and nfl are harder to win than the stanley cup

WtoW - be grateful this site doesn't make posters pass a drug test before they can post here - if they did you'd be gone

The NBA Championship is like Church Social compared to the SC Playoffs. Too many days off and there is but a fraction of the physical contact as hockey. and endless timeouts at the end of a close game make it unwatchable while the NHL moves fast and has tons of action

NOTHING is better than OT Playoff Hockey - NOTHING

The NFL Playoffs are tough but HFA is worth more in the NFL than NHL and teams that get BYES the first round have a huge advantage - teams don't get BYES in the NHL

As I said WtoW - just leave this discussion now and walk away before you make an even bigger fool out of yourself

kid44

EOG Dedicated

NFL playoffs and Superbowl, without hype

Marchmadness

Hockey playoffs, and I and my boys are not hockey fans, great times.