BKFC #9 Odds for Saturday - Bare Knuckle is Back

TheOddsGuy

Administrator
So the bare knuckle craze has not exactly caught the combat sports world by storm since we were given Paulie Malignaggi versus Artem Lobov on PPV.

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championships delivers their 9th event for us this weekend. Artem Lobov will rematch Jason Knight and several other MMA retreads appear on the card.

Charles "Crazy Horse" Bennett is on the card, as is Joey Beltran and Phil Baroni. Baroni is facing Bobby Gunn in the co-main event.

I know a lot of people that like boxing found this kind of trashy or "b" class but I have to admit after the Malignaggi event went down and announced they had 18,000 sales on PPV, I thought it was all over and we would never see the company again. To their credit, Malignaggi fought at BKFC7 so this is actually their second event.

Be aware - there are several companies out there running bare knuckle events, ther is in fact an event in Europe on the same night as BKFC9. To me, the BKFC group is the biggest of the North American events though it is run by former boxing promoters that the boxing world doesnt say nice things about.

I am friends with Phil Baroni, he did some voice over work for us at bodog at one point. I know Phil takes care of himself and that physically and mentally he is tough and can do this, but he is in his 40s and bare knuckle can get bloody and brutal. Bennett and Beltran are all long in the tooth as well, so it is getting that Bellator "Geriatric League" type of feel.

So here are the immediate questions for y'all the readers -

- Will there be a BKFC 10?
- Are the promoters going to the well once too often in Lobov vs Knight 2? In retrospect, was the first fight really ALL THAT?
- Will you be watching BKFC9? The boxing calendar is light and they will be running against UFC, who is in Brazil and on ESPN+.

Below are the odds, these posted are from 5dimes. Comments appreciated, please check in below!

BKFC 9 - Mississippi Coast Coliseum - Biloxi, Mississppi - FITE PPV - Saturday, November 16, 2019
Welterweight 5 rounds -
Jason Knight +160
Artem Lobov -210

Welterweight 5 rounds -
Charles Bennett -110
Johnny Bedford -130

Heavyweight 5 rounds -
Joey Beltran +175
Chase Sherman -245

Heavyweight 5 rounds -
Phil Baroni not yet
Bobby Gunn not yet