Blame Bostwick????

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I blame the Packer defense on the two point conversion that Wilson threw a Hail Mary.....no way that should have been completed.....everyone in the stadium new that 1:49 was way too much time for Rodgers to come back down the field and tie the game which they would have won if they stopped the Seahawks on the 2 Pt conversion....The Pack was the better team yesterday but sometimes the best team doesn't win....

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated
Re: Blame Bostwick????

Tough to blame defense on a ridiculous toss up...Wouldn't blame anyone on Green Bay, they played ok, but obviously weren't the better team. Seattle just had too many mistakes early on.

If Seattle played "decent" for the first 3.5 qtrs, instead of playing like absolute dogshit, then they woulda won by 35. Green Bay looked bad out there...They shoulda put the game away after all them turnovers by Seattle. I think their only TD came after a couple gifted 1st downs on the drive where it was 3rd and X to go. Seattle was playing bad, but Green Bay still couldn't do shit. Better team showed up and took the game, no one to blame on Green Bay, Maybe the coach or Rodgers if anyone for not being able to put up points.

Prickly Pete

EOG Veteran

Too many options to blame for the Packers, Bostick is the obvious one based on when it happened as is Dix for how he misplayed that hail mary 2 pt conversion. I'd prefer to blame the Slocum, the special teams coach who has been horrible for his tenure with the Packers (who didn't see the fake FG coming other than the Packers) as well as McCarthy who coached so conservative that the halftime score was only 16-0 when it should have been much more and then coached the second half like he thought 16 points were going to win the game. Horrible display of coaching by the Packers and you can't do that against a very good team at home. Kudos to Seattle as they earned the win, but this one stings for Packer fans.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated

Too many options to blame for the Packers, Bostick is the obvious one based on when it happened as is Dix for how he misplayed that hail mary 2 pt conversion. I'd prefer to blame the Slocum, the special teams coach who has been horrible for his tenure with the Packers (who didn't see the fake FG coming other than the Packers) as well as McCarthy who coached so conservative that the halftime score was only 16-0 when it should have been much more and then coached the second half like he thought 16 points were going to win the game. Horrible display of coaching by the Packers and you can't do that against a very good team at home. Kudos to Seattle as they earned the win, but this one stings for Packer fans.

:lightbulb:Well said PP.

munson15

I want winners...

What about the DB (Sharper?) who laid down after making the pick with 5 minutes left? He had room to run and could have created a scoring opportunity if he took off instead of assuming the game was over at that point.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Packers were the better team? Both teams played like shit. Call them both losers and send the Cowboys to the Super Bowl.

TEXED

EOG Veteran

One very key play for me was mid-way in the 3rd quarter with the score still 16-0, and Seattle was trying to get some traction. They took some losses and had 3rd and 19 on the GB 48. GB came with a 2 man rush. Wilson jogged around back there forever before finally finding someone open for a completion to the 19. That led to the first TD. I hate 3 man pass rushes. In the Ohio State game Oregon kept rushing 3 men on 3rd and 8 and 3rd and 9.I noticed it 4 times and every time the QB had time to find someone break open. As far as I'm concerned, coaches who do that deserve to lose.

munson15

I want winners...

Tex, how about the play right before that? They sacked Wilson and there was a 15-yard penalty on #64 of the offense. To my eye, it was after the play was dead, which would have made it 2nd and 46 instead of 2nd and 31. Packers were forced to decline the penalty or accept the play.

TEXED

EOG Veteran

Munson...I do remember thinkiing the same, but figured I must be missing something and it probably didn't matter anyway.

Prickly Pete

EOG Veteran

Tex, how about the play right before that? They sacked Wilson and there was a 15-yard penalty on #64 of the offense. To my eye, it was after the play was dead, which would have made it 2nd and 46 instead of 2nd and 31. Packers were forced to decline the penalty or accept the play.

I didn't understand that call either. I agree the three man rush, basically zero man rush because they all were just trying to contain, did hurt as it lead to the fake FG TD. Burnett's decision to lay down was bad as well, but I doubt it cost them points, just some field position. Again, the only reason these plays matter is because the head coach thought 16 points was enough to win and called the second half accordingly (also was way too conservative in the first half). Rodgers even alluded to conservative play calling and for him to call out the coach is against the norm.

munson15

I want winners...

Pete, I don't think Rodgers should have called anyone out but himself. There were instances where he stood at the line of scrimmage for several seconds while the play clock wound down near zero, one of which caused a false start by Bulaga, another of which resulted in a rushed play in the red zone and another two of which wasted timeouts. Not to mention the throws that were off target, missed screen passes and the crucial 3rd and 7 on which he made the receiver lose his balance which caused him to fall short of the sticks. One of his poorest big game performances without question, and this on a day when he looked as good physically as he has in weeks.

richsox24

EOG Master

I thought the key play was the fake field goal itself. If Seattle doesn't convert, its still 16-0 nearing the end of the 3rd. It was 4th and 10, the holder (punter) starts to run with the ball. Why the defense decided to chase him I and leave the receiver wide open is beyond me. The punter had 0 chance to pick up the 10 yards running.

Prickly Pete

EOG Veteran

Pete, I don't think Rodgers should have called anyone out but himself. There were instances where he stood at the line of scrimmage for several seconds while the play clock wound down near zero, one of which caused a false start by Bulaga, another of which resulted in a rushed play in the red zone and another two of which wasted timeouts. Not to mention the throws that were off target, missed screen passes and the crucial 3rd and 7 on which he made the receiver lose his balance which caused him to fall short of the sticks. One of his poorest big game performances without question, and this on a day when he looked as good physically as he has in weeks.

I'll agree that Rodgers didn't have a great game, but it is hard to have a great game when the ball is taken out of your hands for most of it. When he needed to make plays when they went behind, he made them. Rodgers clearly isn't healthy either, not that I am making excuses for some poor throws, but the fact remains he has a partially torn calf muscle. Look at the second half possessions and tell me you think McCarthy called a good game. I think most Packer fans are hoping that Rodgers does publicly bitch since maybe then Ted Thompson will bring in an offensive coordinator and take play calling away from McC. McCarthy is one of the worst in-game coaches there is and after yesterday the national media is starting to talk about his shortcomings (Barnwell's article on Grantland is great). The fact that he stands by his play calling, even today, is infuriating. I've seen better coaches admit to being wrong, McC has never done this.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Bingo. Two bad interceptions and 19-34 passing even though the offensive line held up brilliantly. This game is on Rodgers as much as anyone.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Probably the best chance Dallas had in a decade.

And arguably the Lions got screwed by the Cowboys. What a wacky NFC playoff bracket this year. AFC was pretty predictable, even Peyton choking to the Colts seemed pretty likely.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

at one points SEA was +2800 to win (after the pick with 5 mins to go). Was thinking about. Because there was not a commercial break, by the time I figured 'heck why not throw 50 bucks on it', it was too late

Really????? They got so many commercial breaks, commercial breaks inside commercial breaks, but not that time:shoot::shoot::shoot:

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

It was an interception on the first play after a commercial break. I guess the good boys at fox decided two commercial breaks in 30 seconds was too much.

railbird

EOG Master

I would put my back up qb out there on hands team, its the qbs who have the best hands on the team usually. not a blocking te

TEXED

EOG Veteran

What I read last night was that Bostwick was supposed to be blocking for Jordy Nelson and not trying to catch the ball. I think Nelson was actually waiting to catch the ball.

I would put my back up qb out there on hands team, its the qbs who have the best hands on the team usually. not a blocking te

But that's exactly why Bostick was in the game. He was supposed to block for Jordy Nelson as you can see Nelson asking him what he was doing after the play... I'd rather have a blocking TE block than a backup QB.

As Bostick said after the game, he blew it by blowing off his assignment. As one of my first bosses told me during an internship after I overstepped my assignment in crisis mode newsroom setting, "Just do your fucking job. If everyone does their job we'll all be fine."

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Funny that you blame Rodgers yet Cutler always gets a pass with you....

If Cutler plays poorly when the offensive line is holding up, he gets my blame. When he plays poorly and has no time to throw, I reserve judgment.

Rodgers got a great performance from Lacy and a great performance from his O-line and got handed the game in the first half by his defense and CHOKED it.

Now hes blaming anyone and everyone but himself to the media. Poor display for him as a leader, no doubt.

munson15

I want winners...

at one points SEA was +2800 to win (after the pick with 5 mins to go). Was thinking about. Because there was not a commercial break, by the time I figured 'heck why not throw 50 bucks on it', it was too late

Really????? They got so many commercial breaks, commercial breaks inside commercial breaks, but not that time:shoot::shoot::shoot:
Can't believe it was only 28-1 at that point...

munson15

I want winners...

I'll agree that Rodgers didn't have a great game, but it is hard to have a great game when the ball is taken out of your hands for most of it. When he needed to make plays when they went behind, he made them. Rodgers clearly isn't healthy either, not that I am making excuses for some poor throws, but the fact remains he has a partially torn calf muscle. Look at the second half possessions and tell me you think McCarthy called a good game. I think most Packer fans are hoping that Rodgers does publicly bitch since maybe then Ted Thompson will bring in an offensive coordinator and take play calling away from McC. McCarthy is one of the worst in-game coaches there is and after yesterday the national media is starting to talk about his shortcomings (Barnwell's article on Grantland is great). The fact that he stands by his play calling, even today, is infuriating. I've seen better coaches admit to being wrong, McC has never done this.

I thought McCarthy got spooked by the early INT...and the run worked better than he expected (at least until the 3 and out at the 4 minute mark).

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated

Seahawks played the worst game I have ever seen in a conference championship game and still win. Wilson had his worst game as QB, college or pro. Seahawks had 5 turnovers.

James D

EOG Dedicated

I thought the key play was the fake field goal itself. If Seattle doesn't convert, its still 16-0 nearing the end of the 3rd. It was 4th and 10, the holder (punter) starts to run with the ball. Why the defense decided to chase him I and leave the receiver wide open is beyond me. The punter had 0 chance to pick up the 10 yards running.
I agree the FG fake was the key. If they make the FG they are kicking off down 16 with under 5:00 left In The third. Having only mustered a FG in the first 40 minutes while giving up 19 points they would now need 2TD and 2 2pt conversions and to hold GB scoreless just to get to OT in the final 20 minutes, and they don't have the ball. Carroll knows thats a huge problem. With that monumental task potentially in front of them you have to assume a Fake is VERY possible. A friend of mine said to me, before the kick, " I would leave dime package D on the field and not rush the Kick at all. Three of course helps Seattle but it's just a bandaid on a deep bloody wound. That anyone blames the guy who blew his assignment on the onside kick for the loss is foolish. Up 12 with ball first down midfield 5 minutes to go in championship game, it takes a 1/2 dozen guys to blow the game at least. The D did give up three touchdowns and a 2 point conversion on the last three drives, where's the blame there?
Come on Railbird. With an injured starting QB to begin with you would have back up QB in for onside kick? Also as said previously that TE was suppose to block not go for ball. One go many who failed late for GB.I do love how we keep hearing that Russell Wilson has the "heart of a champion " , " willed his team to victory " etc etc . Wilson's stats 14-29 209 1 TD and 4 interceptions ( not all his fault) . If they don't recover onside kick about 100 of those passing yards vanish as well as his TD and he has the worst performance in NFC championship history by a QB. R. Wilson had far less to do with R Wilson playing in the superbowl then the GB coaching staff. I like Wilson and think he is very good but it is so laughable how results oriented the media is when a big game ends.

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks, Pete, I wasn't checking the odds at the time but I remember I was already thinking of what color jerseys the Packers would be wearing in the SB when they got the last pick.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

I've been re-living this game. Holy shit, what an abomination.

For all the world, the game looked over after the Burnett interception.

I guess he didn't want a play like McCree (from San Diego) vs new Eng some years back.

waco

EOG Dedicated

LOL. Just watched the onside kick in slow motion and as Nelson is making the tackle, he is chewing Bostwick out. Nelson was right behind him waiting to catch the ball

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I may buy one of those Bostick jerseys from that chinese jersey website just for shits and giggles on packers fans here in chicago.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

LOL. Just watched the onside kick in slow motion and as Nelson is making the tackle, he is chewing Bostwick out. Nelson was right behind him waiting to catch the ball
waco, when I saw it Live, I was thinking Nelson could have "called him off". As it turns out, Bostick was NEVER supposed to catch that ball. He was there to block. The design was to have your best hands-guy catch it. See McGinn article in JSonline.com.

The Fake FG was terrible, too. Watch the replay. Hawk is covering Gilliam. He sees Ryan runnning wide. Instead of conceding the FIRST DOWN, he concedes the TOUCHDOWN.

wtf? U can't make this shit up.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I still don't get why everyone is blaming just McCarthy. Aaron Rodgers can check out of any running play he damn well pleases. He's Aaron Rodgers.

In fact, if Aaron Rodgers and McCarthy had a huge disagreement, I can guarantee you Rodgers is the one who stays in GB and McCarthy gets fired. So it is actually McCarthy who is figuratively on his knees at Rodgers' feet... yet McCarthy is the scapegoat for that collapse? No, no, no. Doesn't add up. Rodgers somehow gets all the credit for wins and none of the blame for losses. It's incredible.

Since his super bowl run, he's 2-4 and he's beaten a WR playing QB and Tony Romo due to a questionable call late, both games at home. This guy is no hero.

Prickly Pete

EOG Veteran

I still don't get why everyone is blaming just McCarthy. Aaron Rodgers can check out of any running play he damn well pleases. He's Aaron Rodgers.

This has been discussed before by people who know much more than you. Rodgers does not have free reign to call any play he pleases. When McCarthy decided to run "20 times" in the second half because that was an arbitrary number he wanted to hit, do you honestly think Rodgers could just audible into pass plays at the line? You can't really believe that can you?

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

This has been discussed before by people who know much more than you. Rodgers does not have free reign to call any play he pleases. When McCarthy decided to run "20 times" in the second half because that was an arbitrary number he wanted to hit, do you honestly think Rodgers could just audible into pass plays at the line? You can't really believe that can you?

I 100% can believe it. Jay Cutler even had the ability to audible into pass plays out of run plays. Jay Cutler, a guy given no reigns had the ability. Later on, Trestman took that ability from him, and then the coaching staff still blamed him for not checking out of run plays.

So you're telling me Aaron Rodgers has less freedom than Jay Cutler at the line of scrimmage? That's honestly your argument? Keep in mind that if Rodgers checks out of plays and McCarthy disagrees with him, McCarthy is the one looking like the fool. Aaron Rodgers has all the power in GB and if you really doubt that, you're as slow as packers fans are stereotyped as.