Bob Baffert

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Hit the exacta after my top choice got scratched.....I see you didn’t post any winners before post as usual...who are you following this year in the EOG contest?

blueline

EOG Master
I dont know to what degree baffert lights the fuse on race day but he is using during training.
I wouldnt run the derby chalk in the preakness

Valuist

EOG Master
Here's the Trakus chart. Tiz covered 23 more feet than Authentic. Honor AP covered 49 more feet. Going into the race, there was talk Authentic was "idling" in the stretch and almost fell asleep and just avoided losing to NY Traffic, a nice horse but not a world beater. A look at the replay of the Haskell shows Mike Smith working very hard on Authentic in final 100 yards. The fact that Smith had a choice between Honor AP and Authentic and took Honor AP leads me to believe he knew Authentic wasn't idling in the Haskell.

http://tnetwork.trakus.com/tnet/t_Churchill.aspx

Valuist

EOG Master
The only shocker was Mr. Big News running 3rd. And covered exact amount of ground as Tiz the Law (23 feet more than Authentic). Blueline is probably right about Tiz running in the Preakness. No TC to shoot for. Just get ready for BC Classic.

richsox24

EOG Master
I would think this horse is clean which is a little unusual for a Baffert win...
What would make you think that?

The guy is a fucking cheating, classless, asshat, and has been caught NUMEROUS times. Why assume this horse is clean?

railbird

EOG Master
baffert had a horse freakout pre race, and the winning horse freaked out post race knocking baffert down

Heim

EOG Master
What would make you think that?

The guy is a fucking cheating, classless, asshat, and has been caught NUMEROUS times. Why assume this horse is clean?

Too many people watching now especially in the biggest race of the year....Justify, recent suspensions, no longer untouchable. There are former clients no longer sending him stock.

Heim

EOG Master
I think it's interesting that Baffert chooses to watch the KD from the paddock every year. Maybe below
is why;

Baffert has gained the enmity of rivals who believe that he has persistently cheated, suspicions
fueled by 30 drug tests failed by his horses over four decades, including five in a little more than a year.

And these are the ones caught. Yet Baffert still does his Sgt Schultz impression on every one, to wit,
'I know nothing'....

Unfortunately with these horse racing boards in states he races, they treat him with kid gloves.
Baffert has reached the level where he's too big to fail. And for the sport to survive it's better
with him than without him.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Until they can prove how the juice entered the animal and by who, Bobbie will play the political game to the end.

He's the face of TB racing. You tell me another trainer whose face pops up on the screen and the general
public knows his name?

Rock star, and he knows it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I think it's interesting that Baffert chooses to watch the KD from the paddock every year. Maybe below
is why;

Baffert has gained the enmity of rivals who believe that he has persistently cheated, suspicions
fueled by 30 drug tests failed by his horses over four decades, including five in a little more than a year.

And these are the ones caught. Yet Baffert still does his Sgt Schultz impression on every one, to wit,
'I know nothing'....

Unfortunately with these horse racing boards in states he races, they treat him with kid gloves.
Baffert has reached the level where he's too big to fail. And for the sport to survive it's better
with him than without him.

1620586115619.png

Heim

EOG Master
I predict second sample inconclusive. Baffert walks.

The industry already on life support. More drug controversy especially in KD turns horse racing into the now dead cycle and track and field sports.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Derby winner Medina Spirit fails postrace drug test; Bob Baffert banned at Churchill Downs

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Medina Spirit's victory in the Kentucky Derby is in serious jeopardy because of a failed postrace drug test, one that led Churchill Downs to suspend Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert on Sunday in the latest scandal to plague the sport.

Baffert denied all wrongdoing and promised to be fully transparent with the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission during its investigation. Baffert's barn received word Saturday that Medina Spirit had tested positive for an excessive amount of the steroid betamethasone, which is sometimes used to treat pain and inflammation in horses.

Medina Spirit's win over Mandaloun in the Derby stands -- for now.

"To be clear, if the findings are upheld, Medina Spirit's results in the Kentucky Derby will be invalidated and Mandaloun will be declared the winner," Churchill Downs officials said in a statement shortly after Baffert held a hastily planned morning news conference outside his barn to announce and respond to the allegations.

The track said failure to comply with the rules and medication protocols jeopardizes the safety of horses and jockeys, the sport's integrity and the Derby's reputation.

"Churchill Downs will not tolerate it," the statement read. "Given the seriousness of the alleged offense, Churchill Downs will immediately suspend Bob Baffert, the trainer of Medina Spirit, from entering any horses at Churchill Downs Racetrack."

boston massacre

EOG Master
Not a Banned Substance, but an Excessive Amount of a Legal Substance.

"To be clear, if the findings are upheld, Medina Spirit's results in the Kentucky Derby will be invalidated and Mandaloun will be declared the winner,"

But Paid Out Winnings Will Not Be Returned.

Rule Change.

Payouts After All Drug Tests Completed.