Breeders' Cup contest (Win $500)

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
John. Is EOG going to do a contest?

Another post-up contest would be nice with a little sugar on it from 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I will draw up the contest today (Tuesday) and debut the format tomorrow (Wednesday).

Should be fun.

Not sure we need an entry fee.

Is a $500 winner-take-all purse attractive enough?

railbird

EOG Master
Even Rail who never bets horses will jump at the chance for free money....

I bet the breeders cup and triple crown races, ill follow a bovi tweet. Im way up betting horses lifetime, I don't claim to be a good horse handicapper, why would I want to with 23pct takeout, but I read writeups of other handicappers for triple crown races and Im good at knowing when someone a good handicapper or a bad handicapper, I know what makes sense and what doesnt

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I’d be fine with a $20 postup if there’s money being thrown in just to keep the riff raff freeloaders out

Understood.

Freeloaders will get one last chance this year.

Next year, we will charge a nominal fee (not phenomenal) to participate in all EOG contests.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Submit the picks to JK or ComputerBob, keep Rail from using 2W2P2S picks like last yr.

Another winning idea from ChiTownJoe.

Let's go with Saturday's nine Breeders' Cup races (no Friday action).

A mythical $2 WPS wager on all nine selections.

Submit a top choice and alternate selection to my EOG mailbox.

Entry deadline is Saturday at noon Eastern.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
Understood.

Freeloaders will get one last chance this year.

Next year, we will charge a nominal fee (not phenomenal) to participate in all EOG contests.

Hmm. You should reconsider and make it a minimum $25 post-up with $500 added. We have plenty of horse guys willing to throw in a small fee to keep the fleas away.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Can we do a separate buying contest also with Friday and Saturday?

BP2, let's go Saturday only and next year I promise to include the Friday races.

The Breeders' Cup is marketing the Friday card as "Future Stars Friday" with the Breeders' Cup Juvenile serving as the highlight of the day.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hmm. You should reconsider and make it a minimum $25 post-up with $500 added. We have plenty of horse guys willing to throw in a small fee to keep the fleas away.

Fleas are welcome this year, not next year.

The nominal $25 fee should do the trick.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Contestants have the choice to post their nine Saturday selections in this thread or send a PM to me before noon ET on Saturday.

Thanks for the contest!

My Picks: Top Choice / (Alternate)

CD3) 11 / (13)
CD4) 11 / (9)
CD5) 7 / (1)
CD6) 9 / (1)
CD7) 2 / (6)
CD8) 5 / (13)
CD9) 5 / (2)
CD10) 5 / (2)
CD11) 6 / (11)

Valuist

EOG Master
Thanks for putting on this contest.

Sounds like the conditions are absolutely abhorrent. The main track there does drain well so it's possible they could get a fast surface by the time the BC races start. But the turf? No way it will be close to firm. And do NOT believe how Churchill labels its grass course. They are notorious for labeling the turf course either "firm" or at worst, "good". A prime example is Derby Day 2017 when the area was hit by a monsoon. The turf course was an absolute bog. Yet Churchill had the audacity to claim it was "good".

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And be careful with the European imports on soft turf because while most Euros handle the off going, the ones who are sent to the States to compete in the Breeders' Cup are usually the ones who appreciate firm ground.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
And be careful with the European imports on soft turf because while most Euros handle the off going, the ones who are sent to the States to compete in the Breeders' Cup are usually the ones who appreciate firm ground.

Will definitely help newspaperofrecord even more. Both wins so far have been on yielding turf.

iamdeadman

EOG Member
Hey, JK. My Picks.
R3: #7 alt 10
R4: #2 alt 12
R5: #6 alt 1
R6: #6 alt 12
R7: #5 alt 8
R8: #8 alt 4
R9: #11 alt 7
R10: #2 alt 5
R11: #2 alt 4

bishqqq

EOG Addicted
dont fear the fleas.............i had like 1 freakin horse winner , out of all the triple crown race days...........lol...........to a novice horse player like me , KENO is easier.............but it sure is fun trying to win at the ponies......thnx EOG & JK for the Breeders Cup Tourny...............good luck......bish

cheapseats

EOG Master
Hope Gabe shows, best he sends JK the plays so we don't have to wade through the same old BS from the broken records.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Hey, JK. My Picks.
R3: #13 alt 1
R4: #5 alt 11
R5: #10 alt 8
R6: #5 alt 10
R7: #9 alt 8
R8: #14 alt 7
R9: #7 alt 1
R10: #4 alt 2
R11: #8 alt 4