Breeders' Cup Friday - Live in-play, picks, news, results and discussion thread

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Code of Honor scratched from Breeders Cup Juvenile after spiking a fever, according to DRF’s David Grening.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Ugh. That was one of my best picks to beat game winner. Will have to look at that race a lot more now.

Big scratch in the sprint with Shang Shang Shang

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Early pick 5 thoughts:

1- gonna spread this race out.. no speed and a lot of good closers. Expect the 1 or 2 to go to the lead and go slow, but not sure either will wire to wire... if I had to lean to a best bet it would be 3, but likely gonna go all or all but 1 in this one. Just no opinion whatsoever.

2- 2, admire, is my best bet on this one. Love how this horse is working out lately. 6 ran a great race first time out.. also including 8 and 9

3- 9 is lone speed.. will include as a long shot, but only bad part is doesn’t like cd (0-8 lifetime). Hoping he overcomes that. Also going with 1 and 3. Patch is not gonna get any pace to run into.. j boys echo continues to be a throw out til he proves me otherwise.

4- singling the 2

5- 1,2,8,10.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
Damn. I was gonna be against Shang Shang Shang and Awesome Slew.

It’s part of undercard but I like 4/10 in race 3 to beat the faves.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
I was tempted to play the p5 too but can’t talk myself into singling Improbable. The 3/4/5 all look like threats.

I like admire too, but also like 5/6/7/9.

Then the 5th race is just impossible. I like 1/8 best but if it was to decide a pick 5 I would go into it knowing I wa s gonna lose

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
anyone seeing any off shore books posting head to head matchups for Friday up and around?

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
3 is the biggest threat to me, but the one race where he dominated was on sloppy ground. It’s gonna take big improvements from any other horse in that race to beat the 2.

blueline

EOG Master
I'm interested in race4...the 2 chalks are the 2 fastest going in...the baffert 1 start now going longer with a mediocre final fraction...seen this before...2nd chalk good overall number but weak final fraction...the 8 has the dominant final fraction in the field and may be moving to his preferred surface...maybe they will all be empty in front of him....if its not a speed track who knows...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Daily Racing Form's Marty McGee, who started his career in 1982 at the Baltimore Sun, likes Restless Rider as his best bet today.

McGee has been following all the Breeders' Cup action, specifically the Juvenile Fillies race.

The veteran journalist also suggested to keep an eye on jockey Brian Hernandez Jr.

McGee said Hernandez never makes a mistake.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I'm interested in race4...the 2 chalks are the 2 fastest going in...the baffert 1 start now going longer with a mediocre final fraction...seen this before...2nd chalk good overall number but weak final fraction...the 8 has the dominant final fraction in the field and may be moving to his preferred surface...maybe they will all be empty in front of him....if its not a speed track who knows...

Damn.. you are complicating my pick 5, blue line lol

blueline

EOG Master
my horse could end up a well beaten 4th...or they may all come back to him ...won't have to take a short price to find out

blueline

EOG Master
Daily Racing Form's Marty McGee, who started his career in 1982 at the Baltimore Sun, likes Restless Rider as his best bet today.

McGee has been following all the Breeders' Cup action, specifically the Juvenile Fillies race.

The veteran journalist also suggested to keep an eye on jockey Brian Hernandez Jr.

she's the 2nd fastest filly going in.with her numbers moving forward..should get first jump..8 has the dominant final fraction no telling what's in her tank

Valuist

EOG Master
I think Bellafina is vulnerable in the Juvenile Fillies. On the lead with a soft pace in a pair of 5 horse fields tends to result in overinflated (non pace adjusted) figs.

Valuist

EOG Master
Like the 8 horse in race 2. Had a wide trip on a day you definitely did not want to be wide. Wilkes almost never wins first out, and his horses tend to benefit from a race. The Asmussen horse likely chalk but looked up the dam and only 1 career win and that was vs Pen Mdns.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Like the 8 horse in race 2. Had a wide trip on a day you definitely did not want to be wide. Wilkes almost never wins first out, and his horses tend to benefit from a race. The Asmussen horse likely chalk but looked up the dam and only 1 career win and that was vs Pen Mdns.

Don’t like him if he ends up being the favorite though, like he is right now

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
2/2 in the pick 5..:
Gonna be tough to get by these next 2 races though.
In the 3rd:

9 is the clear speed of the race and is an absurd 27/1 right now.

Patch is obviously the classiest horse in the race... but this race just does not set up wel for him. He’s going to have to close into a slow pace.. and I know two closers won the first race, but the track looks very fast in that 2nd race. Those early fractions were ridiculous and the speed still held well.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated

Trainer McPeek, this week, told Gabby Gaudet that Restless Rider was not cranked for her win Oct 5th in the Gr. 1 Alcibiades at Keeneland.
Should hit the board today. ML 9/2; Race 7 post time is 4:40pm

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Dave the Meatman, on YouTube, picks #2 Mr. Money 30-1 ML in Race 9 today. 5W 5Pl 10Sh across the board.
Has jockey Gabriel Saez for trainer Bret Calhoun. Post time is 6:05pm today.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Bulletin won the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint at the gate.

He was 4/1 before the gates opened and felt like odds of 1/4 three steps out of the gate.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
That ride on strike silver was atrocious. If the horse wants to run, let him run.

Newspaperofrecord is a beast!

Went against bellafina in the 7th race in my pick 5. Need 2,4,7,8

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good luck, BP2.

I've downgraded the power rating on Twin Spires handicapper Ed DeRosa.

He said, "Everyone likes Newspaper of Record but I'm going to bet against her."

Whoops!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
That ride on strike silver was atrocious. If the horse wants to run, let him run.

Newspaperofrecord is a beast!

Went against bellafina in the 7th race in my pick 5. Need 2,4,7,8

#7 Jaywalk romps to victory in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Alive to 9 horses in the 8th (2-7,11,12,14) and 6,9 in the 9th Need a price in the 8th. I think complexity will be very tough to catch on the lead in the juvenile

blueline

EOG Master
she's the 2nd fastest filly going in.with her numbers moving forward..should get first jump..8 has the dominant final fraction no telling what's in her tank
The 2 fastest fillies going in run 1-2..winner at $13...I bet a 6/1 from last ..on to Remington