Breeders' Cup (Saturday card)

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Really not as amazed by enable as everyone else on twitter seems to be. The horse winning 0.5 length as a 3/5 favorite. The best horse in the world? No.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
she traveled, first to France won Europes most important race again, then came over here against top field, kicked ass on turf she did not like. not too bad.. and she was 4-5 paid $3.60
Much to appreciate in this sport and they will likely bring her back into racing next year so the sportsmanship from those connections are top rate. dont know who is saying best horse in the world how do you define that? She is worlds but best turf horse at these long distances (other than who Roaring Lion (will never see that) Winx? certainty no american horse). shes pretty damn special and horses come and go, what you just saw there one of the great breeders cup athletes for sure..

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
I want to cry. Had Gunnevera to win, to finish my doubles and pick 3, and on top of 6 horses including accelerate in my exacta.

What a tease

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
I can not believe I was that close to a huge payday and listened to those damn announcers diss Sadler’s record all day so I only put Gunnevera first and took Accelerate out of first. I’ve always been a huge fan of Gunnevera and he just keeps outrunning his odds but I’m not capitalizing like I should

Heim

EOG Master
I can not believe I was that close to a huge payday and listened to those damn announcers diss Sadler’s record all day so I only put Gunnevera first and took Accelerate out of first. I’ve always been a huge fan of Gunnevera and he just keeps outrunning his odds but I’m not capitalizing like I should

Sadler didn't appreciate them bringing up his BC losing record post race.....I liked it when he told Laffit getting there means something.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
I don’t blame him. I can’t believe I let a day of blowhards on tv talk me out of the deserving favorite.

But again if Gunnevera just gets home I hit everything and am wiping my ass with 20’s right now

yisman

EOG Master
Been there done that. Unless you get chalk, you got killed today.

Yeah I kept going for prices.

In the Classic I actually bet 10 different horses to try and finally hit something. Didn't work. I wasn't going to bet Accelerate at that price in a loaded field.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
I made win bets on every BC race and did not hit a single winner. Hard to believe, but it's true.
but how many cash back 2nd and 3rd did u get?? a. unch of adws had that gimmick bonus today 10 limits. lol. sorry u missed them all yisman that's frustrating

yisman

EOG Master
but how many cash back 2nd and 3rd did u get?? a. unch of adws had that gimmick bonus today 10 limits. lol. sorry u missed them all yisman that's frustrating

Funny you mention that.

I did that promo for xpressbet for Pocono Downs and now for BC and got hardly any 2nds or 3rds.

Pocono Downs I hit 2 or 3 winners from the card and no 2nds and no 3rds.

Today I hit maybe two or three 2nds/3rds.

This was today and it's not counting the $800 or so lost on heritage (they had 10% loss rebate today).

11/035:34 PMBreeders Cup Saturday11$10.00WN1$10.00$0.00
11/034:45 PMBreeders Cup Saturday10$10.00WN10$10.00$0.00 11/034:08 PMBreeders Cup Saturday9$10.00WN5$10.00$0.00 11/033:35 PMBreeders Cup Saturday8$10.00WN14$10.00$0.00 11/032:40 PMBreeders Cup Saturday7$10.00WN1$10.00$0.00 11/0311:51 AMBreeders Cup Saturday6$10.00WN10$10.00$0.00 11/0311:50 AMBreeders Cup Saturday5$10.00WN2$10.00$0.00 11/0311:50 AMBreeders Cup Saturday4$10.00WN11$10.00$0.00 11/0311:48 AMBreeders Cup Saturday3$10.00WN9$10.00$0.00

ugh, doesn't copy formatting.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Wow Cat was the best horse all day. What an unfortunate start. She was 5 to 8 lengths the best. Final odds were 6-1. Cost me thousands!

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
Watch his races vs catholic boy. He doesn’t have that will to win. Had both races easily won vs CB and blew them

I think CB just showed an incredible fight and will to win, it wasn’t that Analyze it quit. Wish he would have won today, it would have given me the pick 5 (albeit a chalky one)

blueline

EOG Master
" She was spinning her wheels round the bends" Detorri explaining why he took her wide after winning the Turf Classic

Heim

EOG Master
Peter Miller is a very underrated trainer. Great job on Roy H getting him ready for BC considering how average the horse looked coming out of a lay-off at Del Mar.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Peter Miller is a very underrated trainer. Great job on Roy H getting him ready for BC considering how average the horse looked coming out of a lay-off at Del Mar.

Yep.. that one really surprised me. Went 4 deep in the sprint and didn’t even include him... had a perfect trip right where you wanted to be all day: close, right off the lead, but not on it

Heim

EOG Master
I don't have the numbers but didn't Gunnevara run the best race? Horse was sandwiched out of the gate, lost about 2 lengths and had plenty left. You won't get the same price in the Pegasus but definitely worth a look going forward.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
He continually outruns his odds by picking off horses late in the race after it breaks down. Not sure I like him to actually win big races though... always a good bet for the tri at a price.

Accelerate got a 105 beyer... so race wasn’t really that impressive. Gunnevera probably got a 102 or 103

Valuist

EOG Master
I have to watch a replay but I don't think so (Gennevara being the best horse). I'm a huge Gunnevara fan ever since the 2017 Travers when he went 3-4 wide on both turns on a inside biased track and still 2nd to a perfect tripped West Coast. I bet him to win in last year's Classic, and caught the exacta with him underneath Accelerate for a shocking payoff. But Accelerate was wide and prompting a strong pace. Hard to find fault with Accelerate's race. The best older horse all year got a deserved win and glad to see Sadler finally win a BC race.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Accelerate ran the last quarter in 26.4. Gunnevera being close is more likely a result of that, rather than gunnevera running a good race.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
Gunnevera had a weird stretch right before the stretch where he really stalled out after gaining serious ground. Think that cost him the race.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
when will we have a 1 1/4 Derby with a finish like that unlike past 4 derbies which are just carbon copy Chalk fest replays of the stalker 2nd or 3rd stalker on outside winning pretty easy and nobody closing enough to make it interesting. wish the track would be set up like it was for Breeders Cup at Derby.

Valuist

EOG Master
A near 27 second final quarter says it all. The race shape was fast early/slow late. If a closer can't get up with that setup, they clearly weren't the best horse.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
A near 27 second final quarter says it all. The race shape was fast early/slow late. If a closer can't get up with that setup, they clearly weren't the best horse.

Yep. All things considered... very disappointing races by gunnevera, but mainly lone sailor and yoshida. Race couldn’t have set up more beautifully for those 3 horses, and yet they still couldn’t catch a tiring accelerate.

Valuist

EOG Master
I don't think Gunnevara's connections are too disappointed. Second money in the BC Classic is still worth a lot. As for Lone Sailor, what was he doing in the race? Way overmatched.