Brewers making some noise

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
First Yelich and now Cain and I don't think they're done. Not sure I liked the what they gave up for Yelich but as a an old beat writer once told me, prospects are suspects.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Re: Brewers making some noise.

premature push by the Brewers

last year's fluke first half may end up holding them back long term now, they were still a few years away and now you add a guy over 30 who relies primarily on his speed and sell the farm for another piece

the pitching staff will struggle mightily this year

MrTop

EOG Master

cubs sitting on hands . doin nutin

Arnold Zwiffel

EOG Enthusiast

I like Yelich, but the Brewers gave up too much for him. They could have kept those prospects - or traded them for pitching - and still had a very good outfield of Braun, Santana and Cain with Broxton, Brinson and Phillips in reserve.

Valuist

EOG Master

Big jump in win total last year + flashy offseason acquistions = good Under candidate for RSW totals.

MrTop

EOG Master

darvish arrieta and need to trade for kershaw and scherzer or won't make playoffs

one pitcher will not make it.... they need last years top starters and darvish... otherwise lose again in post season....blew a chance of getting cain.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

one pitcher will not make it.... they need last years top starters and darvish... otherwise lose again in post season....blew a chance of getting cain.

Your baseball opinions are worth as much as the bowel movement I just had.

That’s the polite way to put it

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

If brewers don’t sign Cobb they won’t even compete for the wild card. These moves don’t make sense without another name, but Cobb is demanding to be overpaid.

Valuist

EOG Master

I'm actually a fan of Cain and the core of that Royals team. But like Javy mentioned earlier, when one relies on speed and defense and is over 30, do you want to lay out $80 million? He should still be good the first year or two but by 2020, I would expect regression.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated

I like Yelich, but the Brewers gave up too much for him. They could have kept those prospects - or traded them for pitching - and still had a very good outfield of Braun, Santana and Cain with Broxton, Brinson and Phillips in reserve.

Looks like they'll flip Santana & Phillips for a pitcher now.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Looks like they'll flip Santana & Phillips for a pitcher now.

Usually you get a deal lined up for guys you want to move before you acquire two big names... Now other teams will low ball the Brewers. Brewers can't go into the season with 7 outfielders, so their hands are kinda tied now.

Strange decision making.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated

Usually you get a deal lined up for guys you want to move before you acquire two big names... Now other teams will low ball the Brewers. Brewers can't go into the season with 7 outfielders, so their hands are kinda tied now.

Strange decision making.

Who are the 7 outfielders?

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Braun
Cain
Yellich
Broxton
Santana
Perez
Phillips

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated

Perez is a utility man and plays more infield than OF and I believe Phillips has a minor league option available and I doubt Broxton is in their plans at this point.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated

Also expect to see Braun playing some first base this year.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Moving a 25 year old .875 OPS outfielder in Santana to make way for a career .763 OPS (last year .803) 30 year old outfielder would not be wise.

Brewers would be wise to just sell absolute rock bottom price on the cheating race baiter Ryan Braun so they can have Santana, Yellich, and Cain all in the lineup.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Braun has never played 1B it looks like. Hasn't played infield since 2007 when he was pretty awful at 3B. I think he'd somehow find a way to be a liability at 1B.

Brewers would be an easier team to like if they moved Braun though. I just don't know who would want him.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated

Braun has never played 1B it looks like. Hasn't played infield since 2007 when he was pretty awful at 3B. I think he'd somehow find a way to be a liability at 1B.

Brewers would be an easier team to like if they moved Braun though. I just don't know who would want him.

There lies the problem. They've tried to deal him for years and came close with getting another doucebag in Puig.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Braun spending out his years playing in that dump in Oakland would be good for baseball and Beane will like his bat. Seems like the call to make. Would have to be cheap for Oakland though.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated

And if he does play some first it's not like they're losing much defensively. Thames and Aguilar are not exactly GG caliber. Wouldn't be surprised to see that playing first becomes a permanent position for him soon.

Not really happy about it but the Cubs are likely going to sign Darvish

hope they don't, wait for trade deadline

As long as I NEVER see that Iranian koksucker in Dodger blue again, I'm happy. Fukk that guy

honestly dude you should pray your team doesn't sign that clown

Valuist

EOG Master

I underestimated Milwaukee a bit before the season. They had the big jump in wins last year, usually gets followed by regression. That bullpen is bad ass. They are gonna be in the race all season.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Re: Brewers making some noise

It’ll be interesting to see what moves they will make at the trade deadline, especially if the cubs get Machado. As great a player as Machado is, I’m not sure he makes the Cubs better because of what they will give up and the weaknesses are still there.

MrTop

EOG Master

It’ll be interesting to see what moves they will make at the trade deadline, especially if the cubs get Machado. As great a player as Machado is, I’m not sure he makes the Cubs better because of what they will give up and the weaknesses are still there.

machado is having some year (user) but cannot play SS like russell.. I just don't think theo makes a trade for him.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

machado is having some year (user) but cannot play SS like russell.. I just don't think theo makes a trade for him.

Hard to see anyone trading for Machado. They would have to give up some big prospects for a 3 month rental and hope they could re-sign him. He is 26 years old and my guess is that he is going to ask for around 8 years at 250-300 million.

MrTop

EOG Master

Hard to see anyone trading for Machado. They would have to give up some big prospects for a 3 month rental and hope they could re-sign him. He is 26 years old and my guess is that he is going to ask for around 8 years at 250-300 million.

O's can do a sign and trade with anyone. Rental won't come into play. Getting a team to do it is another matter.

Machado probably would not do it more than anything.... he would only be dealing with the O's instead of the other 28-29 teams also

Heim

EOG Master

I guess they're serious about this year...just acquired Moustakas.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated

I guess they're serious about this year...just acquired Moustakas.

His left handed bat will fit well in Miller Park although I'm not sure how Shaw will do defensively at 2nd base. He's played over there some during the shifts used by the Brewers but being able to turn the double play is whole different/new thing for him.