Business trip to Costa Rica

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Re: Business trip to Costa Rica

I have not yet been involved with the ladies.

The ordinary women of San Jose, not the working girls, are beautiful.

Thin waists and curvy bottoms packed into tight jeans.

What's better, the attitudes of the girls in Costa Rica.

They smile at men and show appreciation when members of the opposite sex whistle their approval.

Contrast this style to American women where flirting of any kind could get a man slapped in the face or worse yet, headed to the unemployment line.

Maybe because most of the girls are working....they are setting you up JK.....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Just withdrew 100,000 from my Citibank account.

You guessed it.

100,000 colones, not dollars.

A total of 100,000 colones equals $175.

How disappointing!

Just spoke to JW....he will be there next Thursday with Rails favorite bookmaker in Vegas....Bert Osbourne is making the trip from Pittsburgh...going to be a blast....

Buffalo Jeff won't you come out tonight, won't you come out tonight, won't you come out tonight.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

OSU's biggest lead was the final margin.

Interesting game flow: Illinois led 30-15 before OSU scored the final 19 points of the first half.

Good thread John,good read ,cheers

Now go get fingering some hookers :cheers

*Btw
if you wanna know the easy way to post pictures to EOG.
Go here
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/upload.php

when uploaded,either copy...or if on phone /tablet..hold finger on the pic

come to EOG and simply paste..also takes away the double posting of pictures

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

OSU's biggest lead was the final margin.

Interesting game flow: Illinois led 30-15 before OSU scored the final 19 points of the first half.

Helped by the suspension of Senior guard Kam Williams two hours before tip. Only averages 8 a game but with out him C.J. Jackson has to do the majority of ball handling. Jackson’s scoring will dip. On to Purdue. First hunch is an ass whipping is coming OSU’s way.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Good thread John,good read ,cheers

Now go get fingering some hookers :cheers

*Btw
if you wanna know the easy way to post pictures to EOG.
Go here
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/upload.php

when uploaded,either copy...or if on phone /tablet..hold finger on the pic

come to EOG and simply paste..also takes away the double posting of pictures

Thanks for the tip, ManUK.

I'll give it a go.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Helped by the suspension of Senior guard Kam Williams two hours before tip. Only averages 8 a game but with out him C.J. Jackson has to do the majority of ball handling. Jackson’s scoring will dip. On to Purdue. First hunch is an ass whipping is coming OSU’s way.

And Purdue exits a lackluster effort against Rutgers.

I like to bet good teams off a poor game.

alfie

EOG Dedicated

you still have all the possession's you came with..........:btj:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

So far, so good, Alfie.

I was told to be careful walking in the city alone at night.

A young American in his early 30's told me about his experience when he first moved to Costa Rica.

Here's his story:

I'm 6'3" and a good athlete and I can take care of myself.

One night, I find myself in a bad part of town and three guys jump me from behind.

One guy has a butcher knife and the other two are holding my arms.

I did not resist because I didn't want to get stabbed for the amount of money in my pocket ($20).

They also took my keys and a copy of my passport.

So the moral of the story: Be vigilant when walking alone at night and make a colored copy of your passport so you don't have to travel with the original.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Three subtle features of Costa Rica the United States should adopt:

1) Published prices include tax. Why not? I'm sure many foreign visitors to the U.S. are surprised that the published price does not include tax. Go to McDonald's in suburban Chicago and your Big Mac Meal advertised for $8.25 actually costs $9.07. Foreigners must think they're getting hustled.

2) Love the traffic lights here in San Jose where the green light quickly flashes three times before turning yellow. Once again, why not?

3) I hate regulation but why not limit the food portions at some of our restaurants to combat the growing health problem of obesity in the United States. Everyone looks slim and trim here in Costa Rica where there's no such thing as an extra large portion of French fries.

rico1

EOG Master

Thanks for the advance play.

I'll give you one for Tuesday of next week: Northwestern over Michigan to quickly avenge a recent loss in Ann Arbor.

I don't blindly buy revenge but I love to analyze quick rematches.

Thank you for the alma mater selection! The final score in round-one was a bit deceiving. Northwestern covered the opener and the +7' most of the game until the late second half. When of course Michigan did not make a single basket in the last 4' minutes. Instead, shot nothing but free throws and maybe missed two?

Tomorrow night is a very important game for Collins. Can get his squad to .500 in conference play with an "avenging victory".

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Headed for a 1:00 lunch date with EOG contributor and fellow Irishman MACAU.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

MACAU is a survivor.

The man has seen it all and practically done it all.

Bettor, bookmaker, originator, follower, observer, participant and most of all, insider.

In our three-hour lunch date this afternoon in Escazu, Costa Rica, MACAU seemingly named every major player in the international sports betting business.

From licensed bookmakers in England and Ireland to the biggest bookmakers in Costa Rica and some of the most well-known bettors in the U.S. (Walters, Golden, Voulgaris, Denkenson and Fenic), MACAU listed a virtual Who's Who in the Sports Betting Industry.

With one caveat.

"Let's not talk about any of the bookmakers by name," he requested. "Bookmakers love good publicity but they also covet their privacy."

A handsome Irishman with a big smile and a twinkle in his eye, MACAU told countless stories about the good guys and bad guys in the industry.

Since arriving to Costa Rica in late 2001, MACAU has owned parts of three sports books, served as a live-wagering consultant at one of the most respected sports books in the world and done well enough for himself to drive a Porsche SUV, wear a $24,000 Rolex and discuss quarter-million dollar real estate deals on the phone over lunch.

"I've done it all, Johnny," MACAU said.

"But you have to be careful in the gambling world. People will disappoint you all the time. It's a cutthroat business. People are like animals, only interested in their own survival. And remember this: It's not the strong eating the weak, sometimes it's the sharks eating sharks."

And now my favorite quote from the Dublin native who called me Johnny as if he had known me for decades, not hours:

"I bet like a savage. I'm dangerous as a player because I don't bet to win, I bet to win BIG."

MACAU was the first professional gambler to spot the talent in UFC superstar Conor McGregor.

"A group of Irishmen and yours truly traveled to Las Vegas for the Jose Aldo match in late 2015 and needless to say, it was a wild night of celebrating after the 13 seconds of action inside the ring."

McGregor's knockout produced the biggest score in MACAU's gambling life, somewhere between a quarter-million and a half-million dollars.

I plan another get-together with MACAU this Sunday at the basketball courts in La Sabana Park.

Stay tuned for more from MACAU, a friendly guy with a big bankroll and an even bigger personality.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Re: Business trip in Costa Rica

He recorded the first-ever hit for the Montreal Expos in 1969.
Without Googling, who hit the first ever Expo HR? Happened to remember because I was watching the game, and I dug the Expo Unis.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Without Googling, who hit the first ever Expo HR? Happened to remember because I was watching the game, and I dug the Expo Unis.

I know Rusty Staub was an original Expo and who can forget the catcher named John Boccabella.

I'll guess Staub but that seems too obvious.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

Any news to report on the Radio Show?

Hopefully "1" will loosen the purse strings.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

I know Rusty Staub was an original Expo and who can forget the catcher named John Boccabella.

Nope, wasn't Le Grande Orange. Nor Boccabella, Nor Bailey, Nor Coco Laboy.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Any news to report on the Radio Show?

Hopefully "1" will loosen the purse strings.

Nothing yet.

August 1 would be the ideal time to re-enter the radio market.

Stay tuned and thanks for your interest in the show.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Nobody will get the answer without looking it up....:LMAO

In 1969 the Phillies were still in Connie Mack Stadium....I attended a bunch of games that summer...I had just graduated high school and on my way to college....If I am not mistaken, the Expos opened up with the Phillies the following year at the Vet...

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated

Speaking of Expos players... What could have been?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Interesting.

Brady was an 18th round draft pick of the Expos in 1995.

Left-handed hitter.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated

MACAU is a survivor.

The man has seen it all and practically done it all.

Bettor, bookmaker, originator, follower, observer, participant and most of all, insider.

In our three-hour lunch date this afternoon in Escazu, Costa Rica, MACAU seemingly named every major player in the international sports betting business.

From licensed bookmakers in England and Ireland to the biggest bookmakers in Costa Rica and some of the most well-known bettors in the U.S. (Walters, Golden, Voulgaris, Denkenson and Fenic), MACAU listed a virtual Who's Who in the Sports Betting Industry.

With one caveat.

"Let's not talk about any of the bookmakers by name," he requested. "Bookmakers love good publicity but they also covet their privacy."

A handsome Irishman with a big smile and a twinkle in his eye, MACAU told countless stories about the good guys and bad guys in the industry.

Since arriving to Costa Rica in late 2001, MACAU has owned parts of three sports books, served as a live-wagering consultant at one of the most respected sports books in the world and done well enough for himself to drive a Porsche SUV, wear a $24,000 Rolex and discuss quarter-million dollar real estate deals on the phone over lunch.

"I've done it all, Johnny," MACAU said.

"But you have to be careful in the gambling world. People will disappoint you all the time. It's a cutthroat business. People are like animals, only interested in their own survival. And remember this: It's not the strong eating the weak, sometimes it's sharks eating sharks."

And now my favorite quote from the Dublin native who called me Johnny as if he had known me for decades, not hours:

"I bet like a savage. I'm dangerous as a player because I don't bet to win, I bet to win BIG."

MACAU was the first professional gambler to spot the talent in UFC superstar Conor McGregor.

"A group of Irishmen and yours truly traveled to Las Vegas for the Jose Aldo match in late 2015 and needless to say, it was a wild night of celebrating after the 13 seconds of action inside the ring."

McGregor's knockout produced the biggest score in MACAU's gambling life, somewhere between a quarter-million and a half-million dollars.

I plan another get-together with MACAU this Sunday at the basketball courts in La Sabana Park.

Stay tuned for more from MACAU, a friendly guy with a big bankroll and an even bigger personality.

Premium content.
Reminds me of those old Jimmy Breslin columns profiling NYC characters.
Thanks JK.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Headed to the beach today to watch the sun set.

I hear the scenery is beautiful at a place called Manuel Antonio.

One word of caution from the locals: Beware of the small monkeys, they're quick and they like to steal backpacks.

I also want to see a sloth.

My kind of animal, slow and lazy.

The sloth in the Geico commercial makes me laugh every time.