Total estimated cost-
Favorite dish or new food you'd recommend-
Biggest dissapointment-
Highlight to trip-
You missed America how often-
You'd visit again how soon-
What did you learn that you'll use going forward-
1-5 stars overall rating-

As you know I dont really care for the forum in the state it is in but if you do a trip report. Ill trade you trip reports you can choose where from.
LA (Commerce mid to high stakes mixed games) feb 17-22 march (LAPC)
Nicaragua- Vacation june 12-18 college football prep work begins.
WSOP- (Ill see and owe you a meal or two)
June 20-26 Mixed games and 75/150 omaha 8/stud 8
July 2-7 cape cod, Ma (moms 35th yr anniversary and 65th bday)
November 40th birthday. Rv rental (3 of us all best friends for 20 years now. Might be 4 but a wife isnt cooperating) and attending 7 college football games in 14 days. Sunbelt, c-usa and 1 ACC game, sec possibilities. Still ironing out other stuff... its a working month for me and no one seems to care lol.
Also will be heading to Boston to attend Sloans and Cancun, Mexico for a wedding.

Re: Business trip to Costa Rica

MACAU is a survivor.

The man has seen it all and practically done it all.

Bettor, bookmaker, originator, follower, observer, participant and most of all, insider.

In our three-hour lunch date this afternoon in Escazu, Costa Rica, MACAU seemingly named every major player in the international sports betting business.

From licensed bookmakers in England and Ireland to the biggest bookmakers in Costa Rica and some of the most well-known bettors in the U.S. (Walters, Golden, Voulgaris, Denkenson and Fenic), MACAU listed a virtual Who's Who in the Sports Betting Industry.

With one caveat.

"Let's not talk about any of the bookmakers by name," he requested. "Bookmakers love good publicity but they also covet their privacy."

A handsome Irishman with a big smile and a twinkle in his eye, MACAU told countless stories about the good guys and bad guys in the industry.

Since arriving to Costa Rica in late 2001, MACAU has owned parts of three sports books, served as a live-wagering consultant at one of the most respected sports books in the world and done well enough for himself to drive a Porsche SUV, wear a $24,000 Rolex and discuss quarter-million dollar real estate deals on the phone over lunch.

"I've done it all, Johnny," MACAU said.

"But you have to be careful in the gambling world. People will disappoint you all the time. It's a cutthroat business. People are like animals, only interested in their own survival. And remember this: It's not the strong eating the weak, sometimes it's the sharks eating sharks."

And now my favorite quote from the Dublin native who called me Johnny as if he had known me for decades, not hours:

"I bet like a savage. I'm dangerous as a player because I don't bet to win, I bet to win BIG."

MACAU was the first professional gambler to spot the talent in UFC superstar Conor McGregor.

"A group of Irishmen and yours truly traveled to Las Vegas for the Jose Aldo match in late 2015 and needless to say, it was a wild night of celebrating after the 13 seconds of action inside the ring."

McGregor's knockout produced the biggest score in MACAU's gambling life, somewhere between a quarter-million and a half-million dollars.

I plan another get-together with MACAU this Sunday at the basketball courts in La Sabana Park.

Stay tuned for more from MACAU, a friendly guy with a big bankroll and an even bigger personality.

k

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Trip report to be filed Tuesday.

Drink, I'd like to hear about your trip to Nicaragua complete with all those college football notes.

Mother didn't raise no dummy.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Currently at Jaco Beach.

Heading back to San Jose to see Viejo Dinosaur and Willy Loman tomorrow night.

Best piece of advice for visiting a country that is not pedestrian-friendly: Keep your head on a swivel.

Always be aware of your surroundings to avoid the crazy cabbies in the afternoon and the desperate hombres at night.

Here's hoping EOG's conservatives appreciated my use of hombres.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted

Currently at Jaco Beach.

Heading back to San Jose to see Viejo Dinosaur and Willy Loman tomorrow night.

Best piece of advice for visiting a country that is not pedestrian-friendly: Keep your head on a swivel.

Always be aware of your surroundings to avoid the crazy cabbies in the afternoon and the desperate hombres at night.

Here's hoping EOG's conservatives appreciated my use of hombres.
Head on a swivel. also as you know head down looking at what they call sidewalks. So many holes and uneven sidewalks easy to turn or break an ankle. i have seen two foot holes in well traveled areas. so head side right, then side left, then down. every two seconds. Good Luck.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Head on a swivel. also as you know head down looking at what they call sidewalks. So many holes and uneven sidewalks easy to turn or break an ankle. i have seen two foot holes in well traveled areas. so head side right, then side left, then down. every two seconds. Good Luck.

I've done a lot of walking and once again Rockfish is spot-on.

I walk heavy so the uneven sidewalks force me to be extra careful.

Two prostitutes last night in Jaco Beach were calling for me from across the street but I was shaking them off with my head and then waved with my hand that I was not interested.

Just as they quit making their appeals, I hit a small curb with my left foot and stumbled badly.

"Don't fall, Baby," one of the two said as the other laughed as loud as she could.

I would have laughed too except it felt like I broke the big toe on my left foot.

alfie

EOG Dedicated

I have visited cr before. of all the central American countries it's the nicest.. however, it's still a third world country...note quite a shithole, but......

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Not a shithole because the people for the most part are friendly.

The infrastructure obviously needs improvement and the city smoke is hazardous to your health.

JK, been asking you for a few weeks now to get my avatar and pm privileges activated, you said you would do so last week. Still nothing.

Can you have ur tech team get this done please? Hate to keep asking you

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

JK, been asking you for a few weeks now to get my avatar and pm privileges activated, you said you would do so last week. Still nothing.

Can you have ur tech team get this done please? Hate to keep asking you

TVB, you are currently on Day 34 of a 90-day probationary period.

I don't make the rules around here, I merely send out the messages.

TVB, you are currently on Day 34 of a 90-day probationary period.

I don't make the rules around here, I merely send out the messages.

I don't know whether I should be insulted or honored by this news

Does having a 9-1 +$1,100+ posted, indisputable record expedite the process?

I'm contributing to the bottom line of the EOG faithful

Screw Andrews

EOG Dedicated

Enjoy your meal with friends tonight JK

And yeah these were some of TVB's best works in the last couple of hours.....I'd say he's good to go :LMAO

Bookbraker, I got some advice from a poster at your home forum, you know, the one run by that polesmoker yankswithAIDS. He told me that your wife was aching for cock because you can't give it to her due to suffering from ED.

I was told that when im drilling your wife doggy style, she likes a thumb in the butt. Not all the way in, but just tap on her backdoor a little bit while taking her from behind. I followed his advice and stuck my thumb gently in your wife's ass the other night while we were doing it, and that horny bitch fucking squirted all over the floor like a geyser. She soaked my shoes which pissed me off a little bit but I'll live with it.

Just some advice in case you ever get your ED resolved. Have a good day pal.

Bookbraker's ugly bitch wife got TVB'd...and now she can't get enough!

Hahahahahahahahahaha

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Dinner at Olivo's compliments of Willy Loman whose sterling reputation in Costa Rica is that of an actor/singer/bookmaker.

Willy invited an all-star cast tonight which included the most respected bookmaker in the world, Cigar's 25-year-old daughter, Cigar's two favorite backgammon foes (Jeff Whitelaw and Arturo O'Connor), former Las Vegas bookmaker Bert Osborne, former CRIS linesman Larry Mac, current CRIS linesman and longtime EOG contributor RAYCABINO and yours truly.

More details on the dinner in the coming days.

Cigar is headed to the Philippines soon to explore expanding his BetCRIS brand in the gambling-crazed country.

macau

EOG Addicted

Dinner at Olivo's compliments of Willy Loman whose sterling reputation in Costa Rica is that of an actor/singer/bookmaker.

Willy invited an all-star cast tonight which included the most respected bookmaker in the world, Cigar's 25-year-old daughter, Cigar's two favorite backgammon foes (Jeff Whitelaw and Arturo O'Connor), former Las Vegas bookmaker Bert Osborne, former CRIS linesman Larry, current CRIS linesman RAYCABINO and yours truly.

More details on the dinner in the coming days.

Cigar is headed to the Philippines soon to explore expanding his BetCRIS brand in the gambling-crazed country.

Top quality bunch of guys there, solid people.

JK, I’d like to put up my beloved Dodgers baseball avatar as baseball season is upon us

can you lift the restriction on my avatar, thanks pal :cheers

-TVB

lap18

EOG Dedicated

Good read JK.... even with Hank attempting to clutter it with nonsense.

MrTop

EOG Master

Oh god, quit being such a little faggot and just shut the fukk up. I’ve been asking for weeks to be able to put up my stupid avatar, have been told yes, and yet am still not able to. I’m not. Lettering up anything, I’m asking a simple question.

what the fuck do you care about JK’s dinner last night? Jesus what a loser you are, lappy

oh yeah, who is hank?

-TVB

Hank, who do you like tonight?

lap18

EOG Dedicated

Oh god, quit being such a little faggot and just shut the fukk up. I’ve been asking for weeks to be able to put up my stupid avatar, have been told yes, and yet am still not able to. I’m not. Lettering up anything, I’m asking a simple question.

what the fuck do you care about JK’s dinner last night? Jesus what a loser you are, lappy

oh yeah, who is hank?

-TVB

hahah I would love to see you say that shit to my face...Carry on Clown.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Willy Loman is the man down here...the restaurant staff came right to the table and paid their respects to him...he is The Godfather Of Costa Rica....

Great stories and good times....nice getting together again....

Thanks Tom....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

DINNERTIME QUOTES FROM THE GAMBLING GANG OF EIGHT

Let's whip around the corner table at Olivo's last Friday night, starting with longtime Las Vegas bookmaker Bert Osborne and going clockwise.

BERT OSBORNE
: "Since leaving South Point, I returned to the Pittsburgh-area to take care of my mother and father, who are both in their eighties now. Mom is 100% mentally, she's razor sharp, while Dad struggles at times but he's still about 80% there. Caretaking is a full-time job."

RAYCABINO: "About Super Bowl LII, I kept waiting for Nick Foles to make a mistake and it never happened. Philadelphia was fortunate to face Minnesota, not New Orleans, in the NFC Championship Game after the Vikings lucked out against my beloved Saints."

LARRY MAC
: "With World Cup soccer on the horizon, find me a bookmaker who will allow me to parlay the draw to the under."

WILLY LOMAN: "Life is not fair. My life in Costa Rica is a perfect example. I'm making ten times more money than a Costa Rican making a good wage (by C.R. standards) on a road construction crew and believe me, he's working ten times harder than me."

ARTURO O'CONNOR
: "Some of the international sports book owners are dictators, maybe too strong a word, but you get my point: It's their way or no way. I wish every bookmaker were like Skip (Grande) and Sacco (CRIS) where if the player wins, no matter the amount, they will get paid.

JEFF WHITELAW: "I once won $70,000 in one week from a well-known sports book in Costa Rica. When it came time to settle, I noticed my limits had been drastically reduced to a ridiculously-low $100. I was told I would receive $10,000 per month for seven straight months. I then asked incredibly, 'You're cutting me off AND putting me on a payment plan?' To which the sports book owner replied, 'I'm not cutting you off, you're allowed to wager $100 per play.'" Editor's note: Whitelaw eventually was paid in full 10Dimes at a time.

SACCO'S DAUGHTER: "Since working for my dad in the accounting department at CRIS, I've learned Bitcoin is the easiest way to send money from Point A to Point B."

RON SACCO: "The number one rule in bookmaking is simple: You book the sharps and you pocket the squares. There's no need to risk $350,000 decisions against the sharps. No need whatsoever."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Former South Point bookmaker Bert Osborne looked great after rebounding from some health issues the past few years.

Osborne did not completely rule out a return to Las Vegas at some point in time.

He missed the action of Super Bowl LII but he's comfortable with his current lifestyle.

Aside from taking care of his parents, Osborne is a 50-50 partner in a local construction company.

Screw Andrews

EOG Dedicated

ARTURO O'CONNOR
: "Some of the international sports book owners are dictators, maybe too strong a word, but you get my point: It's their way or no way. I wish every bookmaker were like Skip (Grande) and Sacco (CRIS) where if the player wins, no matter the amount, they will get paid.

JEFF WHITELAW: "I once won $70,000 in one week from a well-known sports book in Costa Rica. When it came time to settle, I had noticed my limits had been reduced to a ridiculously-low $100. I was told I would receive $10,000 per month for seven straight months. I then asked incredibly, 'You're cutting me off AND putting me on a payment plan?' To which the sports book owner replied, 'I'm not cutting you off, you're allowed to play $100 per play.'" Editor's note: Whitelaw eventually was paid in full 10Dimes at a time.

RON SACCO: "The number one rule in bookmaking is simple: You book the sharps and you pocket the squares. There's no need to risk $350,000 decisions against the sharps. No need whatsoever."

Fast pay makes fast friends....

See above

Absolutely...if you understand how to "book"....you understand you're not gambling....

railbird

EOG Master

What does "book" mean? Book the sharps pocket the squares? Does that mean lay off sharp action?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Don't gamble against the sharps by staying at one number too long.

Allow the sharps to shape your line and ignore the action of proven losers, no matter how large the bet.