Buying a gift, whats kinda dog makes the best pet?

Re: Buying a gift, whats kinda dog makes the best pet?

Well here is my pound pup and my baby. That little one was a trade off and I have had for almost 12 yrs. The big one was my Bday present to myself last year and she is the best thing in the world.

Dang it. Help me please Blondie!

View attachment 2474

Blondie

EOG Master

Cutie is the understatement of the year. I would kill to see that little face greet me every day after work. I do miss the puppy days! I know that when I get another dog, it will be a rescue and puppies are a little harder to find...so I may not get one...but I just love having a skunk-breathed little furball to spoil. You know, when their so cute that even if they shred you couch, all you can do is say "Awwww!" then take pictures of how cute they are covered in stuffing or sticking their head out of what used to be the arm rest...

So yeah, I wonder if I could just tell him she followed me home? :+clueless

I think the fact that you are holding her on a leash might give it away :LMAO

Gotta agree with Swede on this one. Your overall argument is lacking in substance instead of attacking the posters why not try to attack the post makes for a better debate. :smokesmal

:cheers

I hate when people do that. If you're going to say I don't know what I'm talking about, at least tell me how you came to that revelation. I've forgotten more about dogs than the average dog owner ever knew.

Thats what I thought. Im not attacking anyone its just mind boggling that you cant do the math thousands of unwanted dogs are killed everyday and your bringing more into the world.

Blondie

EOG Master

Well here is my pound pup and my baby. That little one was a trade off and I have had for almost 12 yrs. The big one was my Bday present to myself last year and she is the best thing in the world.

email them to me and I can fix it

I hate when people do that. If you're going to say I don't know what I'm talking about, at least tell me how you came to that revelation. I've forgotten more about dogs than the average dog owner ever knew.

I think the fact that you are holding her on a leash might give it away :LMAO

Don't be silly. I'll take the leash off in the driveway, smear a little mud on her nose and paws, carry her in the house and say: "Awww, hon...look what I found running around in back? I can't leave her there! She's so scared and alone! I'm sure she belongs to someone. How about we put up flyers and just keep her until her owner comes to claim her?"

:devil:

I am 100% evil.

Got it. Don't know why I didn't think of this first. Thanks Blondie.

Cutie is the understatement of the year. I would kill to see that little face greet me every day after work. I do miss the puppy days! I know that when I get another dog, it will be a rescue and puppies are a little harder to find...so I may not get one...but I just love having a skunk-breathed little furball to spoil. You know, when their so cute that even if they shred you couch, all you can do is say "Awwww!" then take pictures of how cute they are covered in stuffing or sticking their head out of what used to be the arm rest...

So yeah, I wonder if I could just tell him she followed me home? :+clueless

From North Carolina?

Seriously, come and get her ... you can stay with me! :cheers

Thats what I thought. Im not attacking anyone its just mind boggling that you cant do the math thousands of unwanted dogs are killed everyday and your bringing more into the world.

What's mindboggling is that you manage to type when you obviously can't read.:rolleyes:

My apologies to anyone I might offend, but I have never understood this, either.

Well, as long as she doesn't bark with a southern accent, he doesn't need to know that!

If I had the time or the money, I would be there tomorrow.

I think she does have a bit of an accent - it's that inbreeding :devil:

You are welcome at my house anytime, sweetie - you know that!

Please explain?

I think I have explained myself pretty well in my posts. Go back and read them and explain why you assume I don't know what I'm talking about, and I'll return the favor by elaborating on any point you would like me to.

LOL THOUSANDS OF UNWANTED DOGS KILLED EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!

BREEDERS = MORE DOGS

GET IT??????

Do you need to borrow a five year old for a day. Big brown eyes pleading with him might work. It is how we got our bird dog :LMAO

I couldn't tell him no so I sent him to his father to ask 91023i2ndw;l

I have big brown eyes...and I can withold things that he needs. :devil:

Blondie

EOG Master

My apologies to anyone I might offend, but I have never understood this, either.

There a people in this world that for one reason or another want a specific breed. A good breeder is willing to provide this to the right type of owner that makes a good fit for the dog. Many look at it as matching the owner to the dog not the dog to the owner.

If a person comes to me and states they would like one of my pups, I will not promise them one out of a little until I see what the personalities are of the dogs. If I do not have one that will mesh well with them, I will send them to the nearest shelter and help them find one that will.

After the litter of pups leave, we donate any extra items to the local shelter since it will be another year or so, in this case a year and a half until the next litter.

Two of our dogs have come from a shelter and there is nothing wrong at all with them. One was even abused when we got her (our old maid Saint). Since there is a demand for purebred Saints, I would rather contribute to the well bred and raised ones than see someone go to a pet store and buy one from a puppy mill.

Another note many of you might not realize. Not too long ago there was a puppy mill in this area that was shut down. EVERY one of the puppies and the adult dogs were taken in by local breeders that could not bear the thought of these animals being euthanized.

View attachment 2474

Yummy, I love that they look like momma and baby...even though they're obviously not...but they match! :houra

There a people in this world that for one reason or another want a specific breed. A good breeder is willing to provide this to the right type of owner that makes a good fit for the dog. Many look at it as matching the owner to the dog not the dog to the owner.

If a person comes to me and states they would like one of my pups, I will not promise them one out of a little until I see what the personalities are of the dogs. If I do not have one that will mesh well with them, I will send them to the nearest shelter and help them find one that will.

After the litter of pups leave, we donate any extra items to the local shelter since it will be another year or so, in this case a year and a half until the next litter.

Two of our dogs have come from a shelter and there is nothing wrong at all with them. One was even abused when we got her (our old maid Saint). Since there is a demand for purebred Saints, I would rather contribute to the well bred and raised ones than see someone go to a pet store and buy one from a puppy mill.

Another note many of you might not realize. Not too long ago there was a puppy mill in this area that was shut down. EVERY one of the puppies and the adult dogs were taken in by local breeders that could not bear the thought of these animals being euthanized.

My, what an informed post. Case closed folks. I simply cannot compete with such a well though out argument.[/quote

This isnt some complicated math problem but you just keep dodging the facts with your personal insults.

This isnt some complicated math problem but you just keep dodging the facts with your personal insults.

MY personal insults! I don't think any of MY posts have been removed. Dude, whatever you are smoking, I want some.

Yummy, I love that they look like momma and baby...even though they're obviously not...but they match! :houra

Thanks I thought so too. I love that fact and that was one of the reasons I got Jesse, besides the reason I love Rotties and Dachshunds.

Thanks I thought so too. I love that fact and that was one of the reasons I got Jesse, besides the reason I love Rotties and Dachshunds.

Two great breeds. My neighbor has a red, long-haired Daschund. Her name is Lovey and she is a total spaz...a cute spaz...but a spaz none the less. :thumbsup

OK now lets say you decided to stop breeding last year. Where does he/she get their dog from now?

Blondie

EOG Master

OK now lets say you decided to stop breeding last year. Where does he/she get there dog from now?

Another breeder. They had their heart set on a full blooded Saint. They had three different breeders they had spoken with.

OK now lets say that breeder stopped breeding? Where does he/she go now?

Are you smelling what Im stepping in?

Blondie

EOG Master

Yes, I do and you are barking up the wrong tree. As unfortunately when there are no more reputable breeders, then they begin to buy from puppy mills for their purebred.

Another breeder. They had their heart set on a full blooded Saint. They had three different breeders they had spoken with.
I hear what you're saying, Blondie, with this post and the other one. don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't understand how things are, it's just that I wish they weren't that way. I wish that people would be more educated about animals and know that, hey, you might think you have to have a saint bernard, but, you know what? I promise you that this dog or that dog will make you just as happy.

OK now lets say that breeder stopped breeding? Where does he/she go now?

Are you smelling what Im stepping in?

I'm sure smelling what you're full of.

If someone wants a purebred, they're going to get it. next step would be a pet shop that gets their dogs from puppy mills. Puppy mills and irresponsible owners are the reason so many dogs are put down. As I already said, reputable breeders require you to return the dogs to them if you cannot keep them. So, those dogs you speak of are not from the breeders you're attacking.

You just told me how carefully you pick you puppies parents and then you tell me these same people would buy from a puppy mill. LOL obviously were not going to get anywhere here dont want to come off as mean spirited. I just feel very passionate about this topic. Sorry if anything I said offended anyone here. Hope you all have a nice afternoon.

Blondie

EOG Master

I hear what you're saying, Blondie, with this post and the other one. don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't understand how things are, it's just that I wish they weren't that way. I wish that people would be more educated about animals and know that, hey, you might think you have to have a saint bernard, but, you know what? I promise you that this dog or that dog will make you just as happy.

In many ways I agree with you. Many of the people that want Saint Bernards have had them before. A lot of times it is sentimental more than anything. A good breeder directs more people to a local shelter than he/she sells pups to.

In some ways I wish people were more educated about good breeding versus those that give it a bad wrap all around. A good breeder does not just love the breed that he/she raises, but loves all dogs in general and wants the best for them. If I could keep every dog that makes it into the local shelter I would gladly, unfortunately it would be too costly and the neighbors would really complain. :devil:

I'm sure smelling what you're full of.

If someone wants a purebred, they're going to get it. next step would be a pet shop that gets their dogs from puppy mills. Puppy mills and irresponsible owners are the reason so many dogs are put down. As I already said, reputable breeders require you to return the dogs to them if you cannot keep them. So, those dogs you speak of are not from the breeders you're attacking.
Very true. I have known breeders to drive hundreds of miles to reclaim a dog that they sold to avoid it becoming another puppy at the pound. Once they get the dog back the dog is not used for breeding but either is given a loving home with a friend or someone that wants an older dog or is kept with the breeder as a pet.