Buying a gift, whats kinda dog makes the best pet?

Re: Buying a gift, whats kinda dog makes the best pet?

I hear what you're saying, Blondie, with this post and the other one. don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't understand how things are, it's just that I wish they weren't that way. I wish that people would be more educated about animals and know that, hey, you might think you have to have a saint bernard, but, you know what? I promise you that this dog or that dog will make you just as happy.

I think I love you!

Blondie

EOG Master

You just told me how carefully you pick you puppies parents and then you tell me these same people would buy from a puppy mill. LOL obviously were not going to get anywhere here dont want to come off as mean spirited. I just feel very passionate about this topic. Sorry if anything I said offended anyone here. Hope you all have a nice afternoon.

Many people are uneducated on how puppy mills work. Which is a real shame....

I know I am late for the party but I love dogs and I've been with all kinds, lol, since I was born..

MALTESE'S are gorgeous, they have a great temperament, and love children...

I highly recommend them if you prefer smaller pets...

The person receiving the animal needs to want it for life of the animal ( say 15 years), and ideally should choose it her(?)self, so as to bond with it.

Pets as gifts aren't a great idea, IMO !

My step-daughter just bought a house a few days ago, for a few years now, she has been asking my wife if she could have her cat ( about 5 years old). no way that's going to happen.

What will happen is wife, will wind up bringing her a kitten, I'm against that.... but out of my control. I told her fiance to get her to stop asking for Cooter, because it will result in a kitten coming, that may not be so wanted.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rxAaK0iJ2vQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rxAaK0iJ2vQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mike499

EOG Veteran

Go Boxer good with kids and can also protect the yard

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nq5l_jGjZfI&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nq5l_jGjZfI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The person receiving the animal needs to want it for life of the animal ( say 15 years), and ideally should choose it her(?)self, so as to bond with it.

Pets as gifts aren't a great idea, IMO !

My step-daughter just bought a house a few days ago, for a few years now, she has been asking my wife if she could have her cat ( about 5 years old). no way that's going to happen.

What will happen is wife, will wind up bringing her a kitten, I'm against that.... but out of my control. I told her fiance to get her to stop asking for Cooter, because it will result in a kitten coming, that may not be so wanted.

OK: some explanation is in order. The cat's name is Cooter. It is funny to hear the the daughter ask the mother.... "Mom, can I have Cooter ?"

Blondie

EOG Master

Great video now,

While you will not change my mind about breeding, I really wish you would see that many breeders do it out of love for dogs.

It does not mean that we care less about the animals in shelters, just means that we want to see a breed maintain its original characteristics in a whole.

As far as each dog in that video I would bring them to my home if I could....

Having had to have a dog euthanized I do not take it lightly as it was one of the hardest things i have EVER had to do. Even thinking about it brings tears to my eyes as I type this.

While you might think me cold and heartless because I do breed Saints, anyone that knows me can tell you that is not true.

I will not argue with you on this any longer as you have your beliefs and I have mine. I know why I do what I do, and it is something I am not sure you would ever fully understand.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

boxer! i almost bought another 1 just a few days ago to go with the 1 i have.. they are awesome dogs

Great video now,

While you will not change my mind about breeding, I really wish you would see that many breeders do it out of love for dogs.

It does not mean that we care less about the animals in shelters, just means that we want to see a breed maintain its original characteristics in a whole.

As far as each dog in that video I would bring them to my home if I could....

Having had to have a dog euthanized I do not take it lightly as it was one of the hardest things i have EVER had to do. Even thinking about it brings tears to my eyes as I type this.

While you might think me cold and heartless because I do breed Saints, anyone that knows me can tell you that is not true.

I will not argue with you on this any longer as you have your beliefs and I have mine. I know why I do what I do, and it is something I am not sure you would ever fully understand.

No hard feelings. Trust me responsible dog breeders are way way down on my hit list. As long as just one person read this thread and is going to adopt instead of buying from a pet store, puppy mill etc.... I will be happy!

I know I am late for the party but I love dogs and I've been with all kinds, lol, since I was born..

MALTESE'S are gorgeous, they have a great temperament, and love children...

I highly recommend them if you prefer smaller pets...

My friend has a Maltese. He peed on my clothes when I went to visit. :mad:

I hear what you're saying, Blondie, with this post and the other one. don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't understand how things are, it's just that I wish they weren't that way. I wish that people would be more educated about animals and know that, hey, you might think you have to have a saint bernard, but, you know what? I promise you that this dog or that dog will make you just as happy.

Yeah, that would be nice. I cannot stand when people get dogs because they think that breed is "cute" without researching the characteristics of the breed. My parents bought me Max because we had a Golden before him and we all loved the temperment. Our first Golden, Zeke, was a shelter dog. He was really a great animal. It broke our heart to watch him get cancer and waste away. I think my parents went with a breeded to try to get me a dog that would have a better chence at being healthy. Would I have just as happy with another shelter dog, maybe....but my Max was my world. You know that. He was perfect and I was a good momma to him. Just because someone wants a specific breed, that doesn't mean they love animals any less. My next dog will be a rescue...whether it's from a shelter or a breed specific rescue.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

I know you said between 50-100 but I have a Great Dane and have had her since she was 6 weeks old. She is great with the kids and I don't ever want another breed. People get scared because of her size but she is in the house 95% of the day and very lazy. She loves attention from us but not hyper at all and just a good dog. I'm thinking of getting another.

I know you said between 50-100 but I have a Great Dane and have had her since she was 6 weeks old. She is great with the kids and I don't ever want another breed. People get scared because of her size but she is in the house 95% of the day and very lazy. She loves attention from us but not hyper at all and just a good dog. I'm thinking of getting another.

I LOVE Great Danes!! I am determined to have one someday. An old friend of mine had two and they were the most gentle giants I have ever seen. I love their bark, too. Great dogs.

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

Video made me cry "Thanks"
There are people that for what ever reason prefer pure breeds, and I would Rather get my dog from a loving caring person like Blondie, then from someone that abuses animals. Personally I would rather rescue one, or help one on the street then buy one. I swear that there is a sign out front of my house, that says all homeless welcome here. cause they just seam to show up.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m65wa4rXsFY&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m65wa4rXsFY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

I LOVE Great Danes!! I am determined to have one someday. An old friend of mine had two and they were the most gentle giants I have ever seen. I love their bark, too. Great dogs.

Swede, they really are gentle giants. My girl slept in the bed with us until she turned about 1 and got too big. She lays on the floor all night next to us and doesn't make a sound. She's very protective of our children but doesn't get rowdy with them at all. She's just a great dog.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCNfCChF_GI&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCNfCChF_GI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>