Can’t believe Whitey Bulger lived to 89

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
How does somebody like that live to see that age? What the odds on that in that life?

and there were multiple inmates who took him out just days after getting transferred there

The biggest issue I have isn’t in his death, it’s the corruption that still exists today.

Heim

EOG Master
Big lol yesterday when I read he had something going with a female psychologist in 2014 and was ultimately transferred. Hmmm......a mobster who had a thing for his
psychologist.....where have I seen that before?

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Don’t really understand the question.

He was basically untouchable due to rank for many years. No one would have the balls to touch him...

I think people from outside New England have a tough time understanding now the mafia and similar gangs like that work. Hell, they are still prominent.

Go to places like Somerville in Boston, or federal hill in providence (although the neighborhood is really turning Puerto Rican now), and you will still see a huge Mafia influence. The casings in the wall, many of the bookies are still affiliated, etc

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
BEANTOWN JIM said he used to know Whitey Bulger. Used to see him around before he went on the run. I liked Jim, wish he still came here.

Heim

EOG Master
Can't picture a guy having $800,000 hidden in a small apartment in Santa Monica......that's a shitload of money to hide in cramped quarters.

E$

EOG Dedicated
Would fit in a shoe box if it’s in 100’s

I keep more than that in my car

DotPark

EOG Addicted
BP2, Somerville has changed also my friend.
Longtime congressman and hometown guy Mike Capuano just lost election to b/f pol from Boston via Chicago. Not the same place it used to be. Just like Southie(Bulger turf) ain't the same.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
BP2, Somerville has changed also my friend.
Longtime congressman and hometown guy Mike Capuano just lost election to b/f pol from Boston via Chicago. Not the same place it used to be. Just like Southie(Bulger turf) ain't the same.

Haven’t been there in many years.

I know people from Brockton are still the same assholes. Dealt with too many.

Crazy to look at places like federal hill now compared to how it was 20 years ago.

MrTop

EOG Master
when the door comes down with 800g that is one thing. Never ask for it back or you will get the knock on the door by that 3 letter word asking where u got it from .

waco

EOG Dedicated
They say he was beaten so bad, he was unrecognizable!! The guy who did it was told from the outside to kill him asap!!

Heim

EOG Master
Many men meet their ultimate fate because of women. A friend of Bulger's girlfriend recognized her on a CNN segment and called authorities.

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
Every major problem I've ever had in my old life was caused by a woman. I handle other potential problems just fine.

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
Many men meet their ultimate fate because of women. A friend of Bulger's girlfriend recognized her on a CNN segment and called authorities.
If Whitey had been living by him self, he might still be alive, still on the run. He was very creative. He would have probably tricked the government into free medical care when his health started to fail. As long as his mind stayed sharp.