Carlos Rodon

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
He's been dynamite in all five starts this season, including a no-hit performance against the Cleveland Indians on April 14.

Rodon is noticeably slimmer this season.

I assume he will attribute his amazing form reversal to a rigorous offseason training regimen.

Given baseball's sordid past with performance-enhancing drugs, I'd like to peek inside Rodon's medicine cabinet.

Call me a respectful skeptic.

And a snoop, if you must.

BEFORE
1620436935044.png

AFTER
1620437115950.png

Last edited:

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
Believe or not but an individual dedicated to a workout program for 6 months can transform themselves without PED’s.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Believe or not but an individual dedicated to a workout program for 6 months can transform themselves without PED’s.

Understood.

I assume most players, especially pitchers, combine exercise and "supplements."

I remember when ESPN's Peter Gammons reported that Houston teammates Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte, inseparable pals, were spending hours in the gym getting ready for the 2004 MLB season.

We later learned Clemens and Pettitte were doing a lot more than just sit-ups and pull-ups.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
Understood.

I assume most players, especially pitchers, combine exercise and "supplements."

I remember when ESPN's Peter Gammons reported that Houston teammates Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte, inseparable pals, were spending hours in the gym getting ready for the 2004 MLB season.

We later learned Clemens and Pettitte were doing a lot more than just sit-ups and pull-ups.

oh no doubt. It‘s easier to cheat especially with what those guys have access to, but at the end of the day...put in the hard work.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I agree.

Where's the integrity?

And who's policing the sport?

Rodon's last pitch tonight traveled 98 miles per hour in the sixth inning.

On the season, Rodon now has 44 strikeouts against only nine walks.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Carlos Rodon has always had a ton of talent. Before you start snoopin in folk toiletries

https://therichreport.com/2021/04/20/rewind-the-tape-carlos-rodon-then-vs-carlos-rodon-now/

Good link, Billy.

I knew about Rodon's injury history.

The White Sox obviously did not trust Rodon when signing him to only a one-year deal in the offseason.

They paid him $3 million.

Rodon will make three or four times that amount next season as an unrestricted free agent, if he continues to post these impressive numbers.

Scott Boras is his agent.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Carlos Rodon set to start Thursday afternoon against division rival Minnesota at Guaranteed Rate Field.

Rodon is 5-0 this season with a 0.58 ERA.

Michael Pineda will be Rodon's mound opponent.

First pitch is set for 1:10 p.m. CT.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rodon was scratched from Thursday's start against the Twins.

He'll go Saturday against the Royals.