Cavs/Bulls interesting info about today's game

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
both teams played last night and travel for today's game in Chicago. due to the weather both flights were delayed last night and both teams are flying into chicago today. havent found out when they are coming in but the fact that they both fly in the morning could have some effect on both teams.

i'm on cavs/bulls under 214

back to back for both and a strange travel situation

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
big miss with this one. the back to back and the travel has effected the defense as both teams are shooting over 55% with 8 minutes left in the game.

bad read on the situation by me.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Bulls 118 Cavs 116.

Zack Lavine finished with 42.

Cavs led by 19 in the third quarter.

Both teams play Monday (MLK Day).

Valuist

EOG Master
also the cavs are playing their fourth game in 6 days.

fatigue should factor in for them

It sucks when one does their homework, digs up good info, and it doesn't work out. But sometimes you are sitting with an 11 in blackjack while the dealer is showing a 6. You double down and draw a 3 while the dealer gets a 4 card 20. Right decision, wrong result.

Fatigue clearly played a factor, as the Cavs blew a big second half lead and got outscored 31-14 in the 4th quarter to lose, despite putting up a 40 in the 2nd quarter.

Maybe the takeaway is to fade both teams next game. The Cavs, a terrible team, played their asses off only to suffer a disappointing loss. The Bulls, despite the travel issues, were playing a home game vs an awful team. That should be an automatic win. The fact they were life and death doesn't bode well for them.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Good breakdown valuist.

I have to look at these fatigue situations differently and realize that they don't play with any energy on defense in the 1h. Then late in games the coaches get pissed about their team not playing any defense while the legs start to get tired in the 4q. I have to look around it any books have quarter betting before the game. I think bookmaker does but I'm not sure any book in vegas does.

I thought I found something not in the line but apparently the market didn't give a shyt about it as it opened 215, went down to 214, and then closed around 215.

Valuist

EOG Master
Good breakdown valuist.

I have to look at these fatigue situations differently and realize that they don't play with any energy on defense in the 1h. Then late in games the coaches get pissed about their team not playing any defense while the legs start to get tired in the 4q. I have to look around it any books have quarter betting before the game. I think bookmaker does but I'm not sure any book in vegas does.

I thought I found something not in the line but apparently the market didn't give a shyt about it as it opened 215, went down to 214, and then closed around 215.

The NBA game last night as well as the early NFL playoff game had a few things in common. The Cavs were in a 4 games/6 days and got in late so fatigue figured to be a factor. But it didn't happen right away. It wasn't until the 4th quarter and then they just folded up. The Titans were a huge fatigue candidate; 4th straight road game and their defense coming off a 92 play effort and 500 yards allowed vs Baltimore. They played well for about the first 25 minutes of game time or so, but then really wore down from late in the first half until the game was over.

We hear about MLB teams in bad travel situations where it often doesn't kick in until two days after the travel scenario.

Second half fades may be the preferred way to go over full game fades in these perceived fatigue situations.