"CDC: COVID-19 vaccines reduce risk of infection by 91%"

"The CDC says the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines, which both use mRNA technology, reduce the risk of coronavirus infection by 91% in fully vaccinated people, and about 81% in partially vaccinated people.

There are also findings to suggest vaccinated people are less likely to spread the coronavirus to others.

The results come from an ongoing study of almost 4,000 frontline workers, including health care workers, first responders, and other essential workers who are all more likely to be exposed to the coronavirus because of their occupations and how they interact with people.

The study participants have been taking weekly COVID-19 tests since mid-December, and if they have positive results, a lab tests the amount of viral load in their specimen. Researchers also check in with participants, how they are feeling and when they received their vaccinations.

The term “fully vaccinated” refers to anyone who is two weeks or more after their second Pfizer or Moderna vaccine dose. This study did not include the Johnson & Johnson single shot COVID-19 vaccine, which received FDA approval for emergency use earlier this year after the two mRNA versions of the vaccine.

The reduction in infections applied to those with symptoms and those without.

Researchers with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also looked at how serious those symptoms were for those who contracted COVID-19 while vaccinated.

They found those participants who were fully or partially vaccinated were more likely to have milder and shorter illnesses compared to those who contracted COVID-19 who were not vaccinated.

“For example, fully or partially vaccinated people who developed COVID-19 spent on average six fewer total days sick and two fewer days sick in bed. They also had about a 60 percent lower risk of developing symptoms, like fever or chills, compared to those who were unvaccinated,” the study found.

Some study participants did not develop symptoms at all.

When scientists looked at the viral load of those who contracted COVID-19, they found those who were fully or partially vaccinated had 40% less detectable virus in their nose than those who were not vaccinated.

Those who were fully or partially vaccinated also had detectable levels of the coronavirus in their samples for six fewer days than those who were not vaccinated.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Fed govt suspends distribution of the J & J vaccine due to a massive glut of expiring vaccine.

Less than 50% of americans between 18-60 are vaccinated, that number is not likely to change significantly. Fear failed, bribery failed, now they will resort to threats, that will fail as well.

Interesting attempt at a conclusion. Scientists are the type to investigate every report to search for the truth. What you are talking about is media and other people with agendas pushing a claim that isn't well supported. There definitely is enough reason for further investigation but that is far from saying young men shouldn't get vaccinated.

Even then, the reports specify the second dose so there is no reason not to get the first dose.

Vaccination of children is a different question. Serious impact of catching covid is rare but there is the possibility of transmitting the virus when even fully vaccinated people still have a 5% chance of catching it. that means we are left with worrying about covid transmission and a very low risk of serious infection or worrying about a very low risk of heart inflammation.

after they told the fearful masses it was SAFE!

Yes, relatively generally safe in the following sense, and like the following things, as well as seat belts, condoms, etc:

Other - relatively - generally - "safe" & useful beneficial things people are hurt by:

"450 people per year die after falling out of bed;
150 people each year are killed by falling coconuts;
24 people each year are killed by champagne corks;

If you're going to post news of everyone that dies from AZ vaccine, I hope you will do the same for all other causes of deaths, lest anyone suspect you have an agenda."

Should beds, coconuts & corks be banned or abandoned ;

Get vaccinated - Trump

I did - Trump

Vaccines will save millions of lives - Trump

Get the Trump vaccine

Vaccines ending the pandemic

LOL

MrTop

EOG Master
june 11

Moderna Says It Doesn’t See Signs That Shot Causes Heart Issue

but how come i have Myocarditis ???

mr merlin

EOG Master
june 11

Moderna Says It Doesn’t See Signs That Shot Causes Heart Issue

but how come i have Myocarditis ???
The local news reported that the heart inflamation is "very mild", and with treatment almost always goes away, yea, teenagers being hospitalized is no big deal.

The local news reported that the heart inflamation is "very mild", and with treatment almost always goes away, yea, teenagers being hospitalized is no big deal.

24 people each year are killed by champagne corks;"

Get vaccinated - Trump

I did - Trump

Get the Trump vaccine

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
24 people each year are killed by champagne corks;"

Get vaccinated - Trump

I did - Trump

Get the Trump vaccine

145 people per year are killed in mass shootings in America.

Guess we can stop talking about those now.

So 145 people is significant now.

Make up your mind, idiot.

Or does it only matter which brainwashing you're regurgitating?

Gun deaths in the USA is way more than that.

The number of deaths caused by covid19 is insignificant relative to its beneficial effects:

If you're going to post news of everyone that dies from AZ vaccine, I hope you will do the same for all other causes of deaths, lest anyone suspect you have an agenda."

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated

The number of deaths caused by covid19 is insignificant relative to its beneficial effects:

You hide under your bed day and night. So you've eliminated the possibility of falling out of your bed and dying.

Congratulations.

Now that's what I call living! LMAO.

You hide under your bed day and night. So you've eliminated the possibility of falling out of your bed and dying.

Congratulations.

Now that's what I call living! LMAO.

If you knew how i've lived you'ld probably consider your life a terribly boring snooze fest.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
If you knew how i've lived you'ld probably consider your life a terribly boring snooze fest.

Oh. Surely. Someone who lives in Las Vegas is often surprised by the eventful life of a bus-riding Canadian scared to crawl out from under their bed.

Your life just screams adventure! LMAO.

Oh. Surely. Someone who lives in Las Vegas is often surprised by the eventful life of a bus-riding Canadian scared to crawl out from under their bed.

Your life just screams adventure! LMAO.

If you only knew. What you've described of your life is quite dull.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
What's the point in buying something you don't need & have no interest in. Wasting money like that is just idiotic.

When you don't need a car or have any interest in having one, you've gotta be living life like an absolute BOSS.

Bus life. It's wild.

Hey, baby. Wanna come back to my place? You gotta bus pass?

Fuckin BOSS! LMAO.

When you don't need a car or have any interest in having one, you've gotta be living life like an absolute BOSS.

Bus life. It's wild.

Hey, baby. Wanna come back to my place? You gotta bus pass?

Fuckin BOSS! LMAO.

LOL. Keep going. The more you blab, the funnier & stupider it gets.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
LOL. Keep going. The more you blab, the funnier & stupider it gets.

It's your life as you're describing it. As braggadocious as you've tried to be.

There is literally no male with testicles that wants to ride public transit. And the only tail you're pulling onto public transit is a street dweller.

MrTop

EOG Master
many people that live in manhattan / NJ don't have a car and they don't use a bus. They use cabs, uber private cars / limos.... Even doctors do this. Parking is a hassle even with parking garages.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
many people that live in manhattan / NJ don't have a car and they don't use a bus. They use cabs, uber private cars / limos.... Even doctors do this. Parking is a hassle even with parking garages.

If a heterosexual male in Manhattan can afford a parking spot, they'll buy a car. Doctors in Manhattan are not the top of the income scale.

And Canada is not Manhattan.

MrTop

EOG Master
If a heterosexual male in Manhattan can afford a parking spot, they'll buy a car. Doctors in Manhattan are not the top of the income scale.

And Canada is not Manhattan.

surgeon with a group are doing well.. they have have tons of real estate backing them up.. Many people with wealth don't have a car. Why ? age and health... you are thinking of younger people. ...AND family internal med doctors just starting out. trump even gave up his car a while ago.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
surgeon with a group are doing well.. they have have tons of real estate backing them up.. Many people with wealth don't have a car. Why ? age and health... you are thinking of younger people. ...AND family internal med doctors just starting out. trump even gave up his car a while ago.

Trump is certainly not riding in public transport.

If you're old or unhealthy, you're not living an exciting lifestyle to begin with.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated

This post is a prime example of liberal cognitive dissonance. The only people claiming that anything should be banned (like guns) are libtards like you.

You should be asking yourself that question, genius.

mr merlin

EOG Master
for the young and healthy
I understand there are exceptions for the uber rich(like trump or bill gates, etc). For anyone normal no car means no spontenaty to life , freedom is doing what you want when you want - not having to depend on schedules/planning, etc.

MrTop

EOG Master
Well, that was my point. You're not a heterosexual male living a life of debauchery and excess without a car in almost every instance.

you are correct in about 99% of the country.. people might own cars that have serious money but they don't drive it... they take private cars, they have drivers own garages...take helicopters. Owning cars in the city are a bit of a hassle too ...people want to be on their phone/computer lookin at their money etc not driving