Circa app bug, Android phones

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Caution:

For Circa users with Android phones, the latest Android 14 security update has caused the Circa app (Stadium software which uses the Xamarin.Android API) to display starting times that are incorrect.

For example, in the Pacific Time Zone, times are off by 8 hours (perhaps just using GMT), NFL games starting at 10AM PT are listed as 6PM.

This also causes the dates to be wrong for late games. Also, the contest deadline displays were wrong as well.

The betting windows and kiosks are unaffected.

Well, as you saw earlier, the Week 16 selections have gone in and have been posted back publicly by Circa . . . is there any practical impact of this glitch for grading the plays or otherwise?

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Well, as you saw earlier, the Week 16 selections have gone in and have been posted back publicly by Circa . . . is there any practical impact of this glitch for grading the plays or otherwise?

Only if you see when a game starts, think you have plenty of time, and then get shut out of a bet.

Bob, your original post reflected that the problem ensued from an Android 14 update.

I'm real "bad" -- at least in the eyes of IT departments -- about letting updates push to my devices. I stop them whenever I can, unless and until the device just won't function without an update.

Insofar as I know, no updates have been pushed recently to the tablet that I use almost exclusively for betting and/or contest apps.

When I pull the Sunday games up on my Circa app (set up as a contest app, not a live betting app), they spin up with the correct times.

So that means I'm OK, doesn't it?

If not, the workaround "fix" as a local would be to go into Circa for the deadline in lieu of using the app on the tablet?