Circa Survivor

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Mike Palm gave out the info that only 28 entries were multiple. 23 have 2 entries and 5 have 3 entries, thus 209 - 46 - 15 = 148 have single entries.

Diving a bit deeper, we can see that Week 12a (Thursday) with a "probable" distribution will provide a fairly deep elimination. There will probably be only 90 to 120 survivors.

As Derek Stevens pointed out, Week 12b (Sunday) offers the Giants as around a -250 ML fair value fav plus other high win% options. So a rolling 6 team ML parlay at 55% win%, gives an overall 2.8% chance, and at 65%, a 7.5% chance of total survival. So with say 105 surviving Week 12a, we still would have a good chance of anywhere from 3 to 8 total survivalists. The prize pot would then be split to give between 174K and 463K per entry. To me, playing a Double Option in Week 12a isn't justified unless lots of options are gone in Weeks 13 thru 17.

Last edited:

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Bob how would your opinion change if a person had 3 entries and played 2 on their strongest side among available teams and one pick opposite that side?

Edit: Pittsburgh is the only unavailable choice.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Could you imagine playing both sides and the game ends in a tie (assuming a tie is treated as a loss).

I've certainly considered this happening. My concern is that I don't have Pitt available as an option, and I really don't have a strong opinion for these other games.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
If I take the Ravens for tomorrow, i'd have feathers and sawdust because they're now playing Sunday it'll be graded a loser.

railbird

EOG Master
cowboys looked very good vs vikes, although skins are a much better defense and did beat them 25-3 last time, but cowboys healthier now. you not playing lions probably means you like houston but so hard to back marxist punk loser like watson, id use cowboys for 1 and ravens for 1

railbird

EOG Master
I stole second a few weeks ago avoiding landmines and again last Sunday avoiding the Vikings. If a tie doesn't occur tomorrow, I'll be sliding into third.
go with your instincts, because they are God given and God knows best. I wouldnt throw away 1 of my bullets this early tho.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
my gut is to not trust any of these 4 teams with losing records.

at least 3 of the worst 5 coaches in the league too.

rivera only getting a pass because of his illness.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
my gut is to not trust any of these 4 teams with losing records.

at least 3 of the worst 5 coaches in the league too.

rivera only getting a pass because of his illness.

Fair point. But NOT choosing any of these games is NOT an option which is why I do think we see a massive amount of carnage Thursday.

209 will start Thursday alive in this contest. It won't shock me at all to see fewer than 100 submitting picks on Sunday

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
cowboys looked very good vs vikes, although skins are a much better defense and did beat them 25-3 last time, but cowboys healthier now. you not playing lions probably means you like houston but so hard to back marxist punk loser like watson, id use cowboys for 1 and ravens for 1
Dallas had three OL return after the bye, and they looked very good. McLaurin is banged up for Wash, no real WR to step up for him.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Here are the games with the # available (out of 209 entries) with Pinny ML:

Avail Team ML
158 Hou -159
208 Det +143

209 Was +128
196 Dal -142

83 Bal +185
56 Pit -209

My guess is very few will choose either BAL or PIT. I would guess the breakdown will be something like:

DAL 58
HOU 54
DET 49
WAS 44
PIT 3
BAL 1

So if all 3 dogs win SU, 58+54+3 = 115 would be eliminated

Pick count: 207 ( 2 no shows and 1 defaulted with PIT).

DAL 90
HOU 79
WAS 29
DET 11
PIT 1

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
108 remain.

I need to win 5 individual games during weeks 12-16 to win some cash. If I can get there I'll certainly hedge week 17 with a ML dog bet.

Bowling, who is your best guess for the next Detroit head coach.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
108 remain.

I need to win 5 individual games during weeks 12-16 to win some cash. If I can get there I'll certainly hedge week 17 with a ML dog bet.

Bowling, who is your best guess for the next Detroit head coach.

I count only 105 tickets remaining. One guy with 2 entries didn't submit an entry and the Steeler pick lost.

Of the 28 multiple entries, I count only 7 that survive with two tickets. The rest either bombed completely or are reduced to 1 ticket going forward.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Thanks Bob. I was incorrectly counting Houston as 79 and not 76. I will gladly take that 105 :)

FW this contest will likely be decided by the players who can avoid the landmines from the JAGS, JETS ever winning a game down the stretch. Burrow's injury also helps the likelihood of multiple players being 18-0.