Clay Helton

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
James Franklin appears to be the front runner.

How far has this USC job fallen when James Franklin is your front runner.

This was a job that NFL HC would have jumped to.

The weather, the girls, and now the NIL deal potential should have the top prospects coming there which, with the correct coach, should be a top 3 program in the country.

I can't wait to see franklin crash and burn.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/story/2020-12-03/quarterback-jake-garcia-decommits-usc he left california moved to gerogia to play highschool, because calif wasnt playing, decommited usc is now at miami fla u
He recommitted because they recruited better qbs and he couldn’t play, so he transferred to GA. Kid sounds like a PITA if he was at three schools previously.

hopefully SC can get the coach to bring the program back to resurgence, CFB is better with them good.

railbird

EOG Master
He recommitted because they recruited better qbs and he couldn’t play, so he transferred to GA. Kid sounds like a PITA if he was at three schools previously.

hopefully SC can get the coach to bring the program back to resurgence, CFB is better with them good.
they wont be good, they are toast, every trojan alum i know, and i know tons of them hate carol folts guts

Heim

EOG Master
The sites that are claiming Oregon coach has become the front-runner for SC should stop and think. Why would anyone leave a program like Oregon, a better program, backed by Nike money, leave for SC?

railbird

EOG Master
The sites that are claiming Oregon coach has become the front-runner for SC should stop and think. Why would anyone leave a program like Oregon, a better program, backed by Nike money, leave for SC?
the new coach will be Eric Bienemy because he is black.

Heim

EOG Master
the new coach will be Eric Bienemy because he is black.

Gottlieb doesn't think he's even on the list.

He's mentioned a lot when west coast vacancies open. So. Cal ties, but nobody hires

Has to be a reason.

Getting old, remember him at Bishop Amat.

railbird

EOG Master
usc has 34 players that went to highschools that charged tutiton. and then they have 50 staff members with golf shirts in team photo. too many burecrats. sandiego state has maybe 3 private school kids. thiese prep school kids are fake, they get 1.25 more recruting stars than they deserve.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
usc has 34 players that went to highschools that charged tutiton. and then they have 50 staff members with golf shirts in team photo. too many burecrats. sandiego state has maybe 3 private school kids. thiese prep school kids are fake, they get 1.25 more recruting stars than they deserve.
Not surprising when comparing a private vs a public school. Totally agree about the pedigree of schools and the kids rankings. You can include the colleges who look at them also influencing ratings.

Heim

EOG Master
Exactly what I said in this thread. SC's recruiting classes are over-rated every year.

5 star receivers and Fresno's 3 stars are better.

Let's see how Dart pans out. Slovis another over-rated recruit.

Heim

EOG Master
Snoop Dog's kid is a perfect example. Private Gorman in Vegas. Saw him play live. Not close
to 5 star but that's what he was rated.

Quit UCLA....said he wanted to concentrate on film school. In other words, he couldn't
cut it at the next level.

Doesn't matter the ratings though, the coaching is everything. Ratings probably are biased or skewed for dumb reasons but hopefully someone gets into these kids heads to tell them hard work and following the right path get you to a starting job and then maybe an NFL shot. A 2 or 3 star kid that goes to a good FCS spot probably has as good a shot at being an NFL player as going to a meat grinder where some other kid might beat him out for a spot and he never really gets a shot. On paper the third string at Bama is better than the first sting at North Dakota St but I bet the NDSU kids get better coaching and hence a better shot at being seen by the NFL. I mean would Lantz or Wentz have gotten drafted high if they had to beat out a bunch of highly rated kids at Bama?

railbird

EOG Master
the usc boosters use to be old white world war 2 vets who loved usa, now they are scum like john jackson. mike leach knows so cal all his wazzu recruits were from 909, he would be the perfect hire, but he isnt liberal so carol folt and bob iger wont hire him. instead it will be luke fickell who knows nothing about so cal or anthony lynn who has no energy.

common guy

EOG Senior Member
the usc boosters use to be old white world war 2 vets who loved usa, now they are scum like john jackson. mike leach knows so cal all his wazzu recruits were from 909, he would be the perfect hire, but he isnt liberal so carol folt and bob iger wont hire him. instead it will be luke fickell who knows nothing about so cal or anthony lynn who has no energy.
Chance Nolan of the beavers is from Menifee via Saddleback. Graham Harrel is ok too but Jonathon Smitty would be an epic pick but i cant see him leaving corvallis for watts

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
James Franklin appears to be the front runner.

How far has this USC job fallen when James Franklin is your front runner.

This was a job that NFL HC would have jumped to.

The weather, the girls, and now the NIL deal potential should have the top prospects coming there which, with the correct coach, should be a top 3 program in the country.

I can't wait to see franklin crash and burn.
Are you of belief that Franklin isn't a top level coach? I have no evidence of that