Clemson to pay Wyoming $1.1 million to break contract that enables Tigers to play Georgia

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I don't get why the schedule has to be made ten years in advance.

At Fullerton we dropped our Football program in 1992. Before we did we signed a Home/Home agreement to play Army around 1990 for games to be played about 20 years later.

I do agree about scheduling so far in advance

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Id like to conferences change members like they do in European soccer
I would like to see the conferences set at 10 teams, then you can make a playoff from it. No more dodging teams from your conference. I'm sick of administration touting tradition, then selling itself out for $$$. The biggest tradition is chasing $$$.

TEXED

EOG Veteran
Good deal for Wyoming and its players Don't have the hopeless assignment of going to Clemson and getting beat 60-7 and hoping to get home without too many serious injuries. Now they can collect the million and play a home game against South Dakota or someone and hopefully improve their record.

Good deal for Wyoming and its players Don't have the hopeless assignment of going to Clemson and getting beat 60-7 and hoping to get home without too many serious injuries. Now they can collect the million and play a home game against South Dakota or someone and hopefully improve their record.

Playing Montana State already, they can't afford to have another FCS game for bowl eligibility purposes. That's going to be tricky on short notice, wonder if NCAA will give them a waiver.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
MWC is a cupcake conference anyway take the beating in return for the hefty payday. All you need to do is go 6-6 to get to a bowl game. Gamblers need a blowout edge early to prepare for tighter lines and heftier conference competition in late Sept or early Oct.