College basketball opening day discussion..

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Thought I would get a discussion going.

Took a few of these early but I’m on Detroit under 154, Charlotte under 141, auburn over 157, San Diego over 147, Montana state +3 and Wagner +16.

Coaching changes in Detroit and Charlotte both affect the totals.

Detroit figures to play much slower this year, and the books are definitely under doing it. Western Michigan plays a mid level tempo.. the total is high based on last years tempo for Detroit. It’s adjusted somewhat, but not enough

Charlotte has a new coach from Virginia.. expected to play the tough tony Bennett way. Should be very defensive oriented, and Chattanooga is one of the slowest teams in the country last year. Both teams lost a ton from the year before, and really not sure where the scoring is coming from. Line is around 135 now. Got it early. Don’t love it at currents #,

Weber state is solely Based on Weber state coach wanting to run as much as possible this year. Worth taking a chance at 147. One of the best games of the day also, as usd had s potential to be very good.

Auburn over is based on both teams willingness to run. Auburn slowed down as the year went on last year, but was one of the fastest in the country in non conference. South Alabama will definitely run with them. Think there’s a good chance auburn hits 100+.

Montana State +3 (now +4). Montana state returns 4 starters and have a huge home game to start it off. MSU coach said what a big deal would be to get a team from the mountain west to come there... crowd should be nuts. Utah state has a new coach and a new style—- tough atmosphere for first game.

Wagner +16... Wagner returns 7 players from a 23-10 team last year. This is more of a fade of seton hall laying 16, despite losing so much from last year- the big 3 are all gone. They have a good class coming in, but the first game for all those guys will be tough to cover 16 points against a formidable opponent like wagner

Heim

EOG Master
The UW opener surprised me. I get the movement versus WKU. They're one the favorites in the Pac-12 and WKU has had disciplinary problems already....Bassey is the biggest recruit WKU has ever had. But not all 5-star big guys change programs just ask Vegas. Too late to play the side but the over still good imo. Hopkins has already committed to a faster style as exhibited in NEV scrimmage.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
I really like UIC tonight; I think they have a chance at a pretty big upset as well.

I played both the + and the ML. ND implementing a lot of new pieces, while Ferguson has had a great summer/fall leading up to the season and I think he has a really nice year for UIC.

I caught them early, but still like them at 12 1/2 and 13. Think the line should be sitting around 8.

Sleepy

EOG Master
I like Indiana to destroy Chicago St.

I hope they put a line on this game.

I would even lay -60

King Felix

EOG Veteran
I like Indiana to destroy Chicago St.

I hope they put a line on this game.

I would even lay -60
I agree here. I couldn't believe that Chicago State covered a few games last year but very doubtful we get a line on a Chicago State game this part of the season. They're absolutely atrocious.

Theyre

King Felix

EOG Veteran
I will have some small action on Duke but just more so to watch the game. I think they're more talented but have no clue what we'll get from either team early in this season.

Heim

EOG Master
Michigan St money reminds me of their opener last year versus Duke.....and we know what happened there.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
I really like UIC tonight; I think they have a chance at a pretty big upset as well.

I played both the + and the ML. ND implementing a lot of new pieces, while Ferguson has had a great summer/fall leading up to the season and I think he has a really nice year for UIC.

I caught them early, but still like them at 12 1/2 and 13. Think the line should be sitting around 8.
This sure was a great call.

5 for 28 from three. Jesus.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Zion Williamson is ridiculously good.

He's a bigger, more talented, more focused Julius Randle.

Zion turned 18 last July.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

How will teams defend against Williamson and Barrett? Reddish is also impressive....

I could see Duke running the table...they just destroyed a good Kentucky team....

Do you see any odds of Duke going undefeated?

King Felix

EOG Veteran

Great comp.

His jump shot mechanics are painful to watch but his quickness and handles are exceptional for his "size."

Duke has a lot of talent.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
How will teams defend against Williamson and Barrett? Reddish is also impressive....

I could see Duke running the table...they just destroyed a good Kentucky team....

Three true freshman leading your team. They'll have a dud or two in there at some point.

Barret is absurdly good. Another James Harden.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I just don't see that happening. I wouldn't mind if it did since a few weeks ago (and in the BB thread) I got them +600 to win it all.

Heim

EOG Master
I would assume the money on Mizzou has to do with ISU suspending center Cam Lard and wingman Talley....ISU very thin down low and Peterson has said small ball tonight which I would assume means picking up the pace.