College Football Final Four

boston massacre

EOG Master
Conference Championship Winner is just Another Win.

The Fact that it's a Conference Championship Game doesn't give it More Strength.

It's all about Strength of Opponent/Schedule.

If LSU, Clemson, Ohio St. run the table, they are in.

IF Alabama and Oklahoma both end up with 1 Loss, You have Alabama losing to LSU, and Oklahoma losing to Kansas St.

You tell me who gets in.

I'll Argue Alabama All Day.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Georgia should be a Formidable Opponent if they make it to the SEC Championship Game.

A lot of Football Left to be played.

But it's definitely ' Final Four Talk' Time.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Georgia should be a Formidable Opponent if they make it to the SEC Championship Game.

A lot of Football Left to be played.

But it's definitely ' Final Four Talk' Time.
If they win out, it eliminates Alabama. We will then see how many Bama players beg out of a lessor bowl, im guessing a lot.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If the committee's task is to select the top four teams, I sense Alabama will make the Final Four.

Alabama's one loss will be viewed as a "good loss," if there is such a thing.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Of course, 'Bama needs to win out and LSU needs to finish undefeated for the Crimson Tide to sneak in.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
If all stays the same with OSU and Clemson, I would love to see Georgia win the SEC. Three one loss SEC teams and Oklahoma if they win out all up for discussion

boston massacre

EOG Master
No argument with that myself. Alabama folk will lose their minds and try to spin but I don’t see it happening for them under this scenario.

Their only possible argument would be Georgia getting in over them.

Both 1 Loss Teams.

Georgia Loss at Home to South Carolina.

Alabama Loss at Home to LSU.

Then it would come down to Strength of Schedule.

But I think a Georgia Win in the SEC Championship Game over LSU would put them Over the Top.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Another Fourth Team In Debate?

L.S.U.
OHIO St.
Clemson
?????

I'll be alone here in saying: Oregon

If Georgia wins out - they are in and #4. But I don't think that happens.

Bama not winning the SEC will hurt them and if Oregon wins out I think they get the last spot

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
Odds to win 2020 College Football Championship Game
Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, 11/10/2019

Ohio State 2-1 (Open: 10-1, January 7, 2019)
LSU 2-1 (50-1)
Clemson 7-2 (7-2)
Alabama 6-1 (3-2)
Georgia 14-1 (12-1)
Oklahoma 40-1 (15-1)
Penn State 40-1 (100-1)
Utah 40-1 (80-1)
Oregon 50-1 (30-1)
Minnesota 80-1 (1,000-1)
Baylor 100-1 (200-1)
Michigan 500-1 (12-1)
Wisconsin 1,000-1 (50-1)
Auburn 2,000-1 (50-1)
Florida 2,000-1 (25-1)
Notre Dame 2,000-1 (25-1)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------eat more cheese

2020 College Football Championship Game
Monday, January 13, 2020
Mercedes-Benz Superdome (TurfNation S5)
New Orleans, Louisiana
ESPN, 8 pm EST/5 pm PST (?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_College_Football_Playoff_National_Championship
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------eat more pussy

1573591431540.png

Last edited:

boston massacre

EOG Master
I'll be alone here in saying: Oregon

If Georgia wins out - they are in and #4. But I don't think that happens.

Bama not winning the SEC will hurt them and if Oregon wins out I think they get the last spot

Anything can happen, but I don't see Georgia beating LSU in the SEC Championship Game either, if they faced each other.

If that's the case, then you have Undefeated LSU, Ohio St, and Clemson.

And Probably a Handful of 1 Loss Teams, Alabama, Oregon/ Utah Winner, and Oklahoma all Lobbying for that #4 Spot.

It be Politics, the Eye Test, Crowd Following, Strength of Schedule, Margin of Victories, Opponents W-L Records, and a few other things thrown in.

FOURTH PLACE WILL BE A " PHOTO FINISH".

boston massacre

EOG Master
Odds to win 2020 College Football Championship Game—(Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, 11/10/2019))

Ohio State 2-1 (Open: 10-1)
LSU 2-1 (50-1)
Clemson 7-2 (7-2)
Alabama 6-1 (3-2)
Georgia 14-1 (12-1)
Penn State 40-1 (100-1)
Oklahoma 40-1 (15-1)
Utah 40-1 (80-1)
Oregon 50-1 (30-1)
Minnesota 80-1 (1,000-1)
Baylor 100-1 (200-1)
Michigan 500-1 (12-1)
Wisconsin 1,000-1 (50-1)
Florida 2,000-1 (25-1)
Auburn 2,000-1 (50-1)
Notre Dame 2,000-1 (25-1)

The Committee Likes to Pretend that they do not see that Stuff.

The Top 4 have a lot of NFL Draft Picks on their Roster.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Here is 1 other thing to keep in mind

IF: LSU, Ohio State, Clemson all run the table they will finish 1-3 in that order. I don't think anyone would argue this

As for #4: IF the Committee puts Bama #4 that is very unfair to LSU who now has to beat Bama. Again. If I am on the Committee I think long and hard about it

BUT.................since this is also about Ratings - would Bama or Oregon draw more eyeballs to the set? The easy way to go is Bama but I'm not so sure. You will get the SEC viewers if LSU i s in the game but I actually think you get more interest and eyeballs if Oregon gets in because now you open up the Pac-12 market to the game while a game between N*SEC*AA teams doesn't bring as many

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
I think Alabama is toast, assuming your scenario plays out. No SEC Title game in their future for "eyeballs."

Much football left also despite the look.

Oregon-Utah winner, Georgia, Minnesota and Oklahoma have better shots in my eyes.

They need 8 teams. Prairie View A&M made the Big Dance last year. The strongest 2 will always make it there anyway.

Oklahoma (40-1) seems like a potential value play and a team who could be and wouldn't be scared of LSU-OSU-CLEM and could maybe play in a shootout.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I think Alabama is toast, assuming your scenario plays out. No SEC Title game in their future for "eyeballs."

Oregon-Utah winner, Georgia, Minnesota and Oklahoma have better shots in my eyes.

They need 8 teams. Prairie View A&M made the Big Dance last year. The strongest 2 will always make it there anyway.

Oklahoma (40-1) seems like a potential value play and a team who could be and wouldn't be scared of LSU-OSU-CLEM and could maybe play in a shootout.

100% agree. All "Power 5 Conf Champs" a "Group of 5" school and 2 Wild Cards

DONE!

See how easy that was! And I do think eventually we will get that and this season Alabama would get a WC spot (assuming they win out) and almost certainly Oklahoma, too. And no one would really argue that although if Penn State wins out, knowing they would beat THE Ohio State they would get in over Oklahoma

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
About the worst possible scenario is Georgia beating LSU in the title game as long as they beat Auburn. All hell will break loose.

Actually - no it won't. If that happens UGA joins the Top 3 right now and really few can say that would be bad

IF that happens I think the T4 would be: Ohio State (assuming they win out), Clemson, LSU (although if they out LSU ahead of Clemson I'd be OK with it and it really makes no difference who is #2 and who is #3) and UGA #4

boston massacre

EOG Master

Don't believe Alabama is Toast.

Undefeated LSU, Ohio St, Clemson would get in.

If Alabama Runs the Table, that gives them 1 Loss, and it would be to the #1 Ranked Team in the Country.

If 1 Loss Oregon goes up against 1 Loss Utah, the Winner of that Game will have 1 Loss.

Then put that Resume up Against Alabama's, and decipher who has the Better Argument.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I was referring to Georgia being in if they beat LSU and Bama would be fucked.

So many scenarios still. What if Penn State or Michigan pull a rabbit out of their ass and beat Ohio State? Does Ohio State even get in? Lol

boston massacre

EOG Master
I was referring to Georgia being in if they beat LSU and Bama would be fucked.

So many scenarios still. What if Penn State or Michigan pull a rabbit out of their ass and beat Ohio State? Does Ohio State even get in? Lol

Correct.

A lot of Football still left to be played.

But still an interesting Thread Discussion.

Right. If Georgia were to play LSU in the SEC Championship Game and Win, then Alabama would be Toast.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
I wagered $5 on Oregon at 50/1 at the Westgate to win it all as I agree with Winky's general premise and think they'll outscore Utah.

If they (Ducks) get a theoretical nod over Bama and face #1 seed OSU or LSU. they may be able to outscore them but neutralizing the Buckeyes or Tigers (Burrow) QB will be imperative in that Semi. Then beating the winner of the other theoretical Semi with #2 LSU-OSU and #3 Clemson would be like a miracle and require Luck and the TO and Field Position edges likely.

I also threw $5 on Trevor Lawrence at 100/1 (to win Heisman) as I think his numbers could get gawdy, it's determined by writers and the OSU and LSU QBs can flub it up. Tua has no shot in my mind. Lawrence may be able to squeeze out 3 great performances and help win the tile again for Clemson, but the problem with this Futures longshot is that the Heisman is voted for in the first week of December while the Semis and Title Tilt are played in January when a full body of work (to be judged) isn't done. That's like judging a year by what we've done from January to October. Writer lemming-ness may already have Burrow winning this, but the Buckeyes QB has been great and deserves consideration. Betting (at the SuperBook closes at end of business Saturday, so what ends up happening might have little bearing on who really deserves the Heisman Trophy. Clemson's Etienne and Alabama's Jeudy are the two guys I'd draft first. Lawrence would be #3 if he enters Draft. He will be very good in the NFL.

Whomever wins the Championship Game will deserve it. They need 8 teams. And never 16—this is very obvious.

#1 LSU vs #8 Oklahoma or most respectable Minn-Utah-Oregon loser
#2 Ohio St vs #7 Minnesota (if beat Iowa, play well in B10 Title) or Utah (if beat Oregon)
#3 Clemson vs #6 Oregon (or Utah if Utes beat Oregon in P12)
#4/5 Georgia vs #5/#4 Alabama (>When a #4 or #5 could win it all, you need 8 teams)

Note: AUBURN can thrash all of his with BTB wins vs GA and ALA

Progress is way too fucking slow with simple things. Playoffs, weed, Daylight Saving Time, Electoral College, legalized Sports Gambling, global warming. We are so doomed.

RECREATIONAL BETTORS FUTURES INVENTORY—Friday, November 15, 2019
2020 NCAAF Winner—
Oregon 50/1 $5
2019 Heisman Trophy Winner—Trevor Lawrence 100/1 $5
2020 Super Bowl WinnerPatriots 5/1 $15
2020 EPL Winner—Chelsea 25/1 $5
2020 EPL Winner—Leicester City 25/1* $5 *EOG Best Bets 11.14.2019
2020 UEFA Champions League WinnerJuventus 10/1 $5
2020 UEFA Champions League WinnerAjax 50/1 $5
2020 World Series Winner—Chicago Cubs 20/1 $5 (Christmas Gift for my Mom)

>All wagers so far made at Wesgate Las Vegas SuperBook

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I wagered $5 on Oregon at 50/1 at the Westgate to win it all as I agree with Winky's general premise and think they'll outscore Utah.

With Tua now out if Oregon/Utah meet as 1 loss teams and LSU beats UGA sure looks like the Pac-12 winner will get the 4th Spot

boston massacre

EOG Master
With Tua now out if Oregon/Utah meet as 1 loss teams and LSU beats UGA sure looks like the Pac-12 winner will get the 4th Spot

Still think Alabama will finish with 1 Loss.

If that happens, it will still be interesting, on who gets that #4 Spot.

Remember, Auburn Lost Yesterday.

Oregon's 1 Loss is to Auburn.

Those kind of things weaken Oregon's Strength of Schedule, which is 1 of the things that the committee weights.

If Bama and Oregon finish with 1 Loss, you have Bama losing to #1 LSU at Home, and Oregon Losing to 3 Loss, maybe 4 Loss Auburn at Home.

Currently, Utah hasn't faced a Team ranked in the top 25 College Football Poll.

Oregon has faced 1 Team ranked in the top 25 College Football Poll and Lost.

If it comes down to this, we'll see the committee's thought process in all this.

Last edited:

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I dont think it matters now since Tua is done.

Only case Alabama has if they rock the socks off Auburn. Destroy the shit out of them.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
3 points in 2nd half against Miss State.

You would rather want Oregon in. They are hot with a senior QB.

...............as someone who posted U26 in 2h of that game - not unexpected. Anyone watching the game knew all Saban wanted to do was run out the clock and get the game over. It will be interesting to see if he tries to score a Million this week against Western Carolina or just tries to get the game over. Auburn has a great defense and I can't see Bama scoring more than 35 - if that - against them.

Keep in mind Oregon/Utah will play on a weekend Bama is not. Oregon's loss was the 1st game of the season and a game they should have won. Bama was down 20 at half to LSU and while I will admit if that game goes 5 more minutes not sure LSU wins. But Bama was really never in that game. I do think Oregon gets in if they win out. Utah will be dicey