Conference Power Ratings

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Thats a pretty good number for the MAC. Buffalo is the best MAC team to come out in a while, would like to see them win a game or two.

Heim

EOG Master
Thats a pretty good number for the MAC. Buffalo is the best MAC team to come out in a while, would like to see them win a game or two.

The MAC was really good this year....BUF took most of the pub but I think Ball, BG and Toledo are a look in the smaller stuff especially getting any points.

waco

EOG Dedicated
Im printing this because I like the props Westgate will have : conference wins and Conference vs conference!! Love these kind of props. 6 days in vegas and hope to stay longer.

waco

EOG Dedicated
PROPS ARE UP AT WESTGATE: HERE ARE A FEW : Here are some TOTAL WINS BY CONFERENCE:
AAC - 3.5
OHIO VALLEY : 1.5
PAC 12: 1.5
ACC : 15
BIG EAST: 3.5
BIG 10 : 10.5
BIG 12 : 7

Here are a few more tourney wins: WHO WILL HAVE MORE TOURNEY WINS
DUKE OR GONZAGA
VIR OR ZAGS
N.CAR OR MICH ST
MICH ST VS MICH
KENT OR TENN
MARYLAND OR BUFF
WOFFORD OR NEVADA
VCU OR OREGON

I got to get to the bank to get more money!! I love this kind of action!1

waco

EOG Dedicated
Thats another reason to get the WESTGATE APP. You can see what odds Westgate has before getting there.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
It’s entirely based on efficiency rarings

Which means it’s much more accurate than your eye test

Why didn't you say so? Yes, of course if efficiency rarings support your narrative it has to be true.

Sigh.

Nothing to see here folks, keep it moving. Keep it moving guys, nothing to see here........

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Why didn't you say so? Yes, of course if efficiency rarings support your narrative it has to be true.

Sigh.

Nothing to see here folks, keep it moving. Keep it moving guys, nothing to see here........

Lmao

What better way to compare teams or conferences than efficiency?!

Because sec has two good teams at the top?

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
To be fair, they did face 2 of the best and hungry mid major teams. Not great matchups.

Marquette has been a one man team all year. Howard clearly never recovered from his injury vs nova.... Shot something like 25% the rest of the way. He made everyone else better. Once he got hurt, everything was ecposed.

Sju was a complete joke this year. So much talent.... Shitty coaching and shitty attitudes.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
My internet is down, anyone know how the SEC did today?

Oh wait, it just popped on, I see it was a 4-0 day with an upset or two. Gators ML easy money.

Not 4th best, 2nd best conference at worst from top to bottom......

With the coaching upgrades I would imagine in the next 2 or 3 years it will be like football, complete and total domination.

Good luck with your brackets.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
From top to bottom?

The top is one of the best, if not the best.

The bottom two teams are bad.. Vanderbilt and Georgia. Brings the efficiency ratings in the conference down.

The conference isn’t judged by the top teams, it’s jusdged by the top to bottom

The worst big 12 team is ahead of 3 sec teams
The worst big 10 team is ahead of 3 sec teams
The acc has 9 teams in the top 35 in efficiency. The sec has 6.

An upset or 2? Florida was +2.5... other lines were -5.5,-7.5 and -20. What am I missing?

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
An upset or 2? Florida was +2.5... other lines were -5.5,-7.5 and -20. What am I missing?

Correct, an upset or two. Looks like it was the former.

You mention Vandy, the worst team in the SEC and yes you are right.

Vandy actually was 9-5 OOC.

They went on the road and beat USC, they beat a decent Winthrop team.

More incredible they beat two teams that are playing TODAY in the dance!!

They beat Liberty by 9, and also beat 18th ranked at the time Arizona State by 16 points!

Dominated both halves.

And that's the WORST team in the conference.

It was only in the SEC, 0-18 where they couldn't compete.

Again, you heard it here first, in a couple years the SEC will be the best hoops conference in the country.

We move on.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Quick thought on conference power ratings:

One way a conference's power rating can be negatively affected in January and February is to have the teams that performed well in November and December to lose to the teams that performed poorly before conference play begins.

The Big Ten was atop the conference ratings because teams like Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue and Wisconsin were solid all season long.