Connaughton

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Subbed in for Antetokounmpo three-and-a-half minutes into the game.

Looked like "The Freak" needed a breather.

However, Connaughton did not attempt a shot in the first quarter.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Connaughton hits his first "3" of the game with about three minutes left in the third quarter.

One more needed.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Of course.

I grew up watching Ed's show.

A good friend of mine once appeared on the program.
JK, who was the good friend?

Also Mr. Ed seemed to me like a big drinker. it appeared at times like Ed was hungover from the night before. Ed was not the kind of polished person you normally saw on a television program. He stumbled around alot with his words on the air. he was great to watch. JK, do you know was Ed a big drinker?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Ed was a recovering alcoholic, if memory serves.

Why else would he end the show by saying, "Take it from someone who learned the hard way, make the last one for the road...a coffee."

Ed Connaughton passed away on Christmas Day 2001.

And, oh yes, my good friend who appeared on Ed's show several times was Jeff Gillespie, who worked in the program department with John Tinsley and served as back-up track announcer to the great Gil Levine.

Jeff lives in Las Vegas now and serves as Director of Racing at Las Vegas Dissemination Company.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Wow, those are two names i haven't heard in a long time. Tinsley was the long time chart maker at the Chicago area harness tracks in the 70's, 80's, and 90's.
Gillespie moved to Vegas either late 80's or very early 90's. i know Jeff was doing either the mock call of the races in Vegas and, or the race results that use to get broadcast into the racebooks back then.

Valuist

EOG Master
JK, who was the good friend?

Also Mr. Ed seemed to me like a big drinker. it appeared at times like Ed was hungover from the night before. Ed was not the kind of polished person you normally saw on a television program. He stumbled around alot with his words on the air. he was great to watch. JK, do you know was Ed a big drinker?

Ed definitely looked like he had many nights of heavy drinking.

Heim

EOG Master
Must admit, Connaughton didn't do a bad job on Paul out on the perimeter. He at minimum
kept him out of the key where Paul loves the pull up jumper.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Unrelated
Giannis misses like 6 free throws per game figure Ayton us grabbing cple of those as freebies to his total? . They set his number at 12.5 figure it will be 13.5 next game? I would bet it again.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Unrelated
Giannis misses like 6 free throws per game figure Ayton us grabbing cple of those as freebies to his total? . They set his number at 12.5 figure it will be 13.5 next game? I would bet it again.
this is very good insight.

the only buck who can challenge ayton is the greek and if he is shooting free throws these are free rebounds.

freak does not shoot free throws well on the road. he missed 5 in game one and 7 in game 2. say half of those misses were second shots or and ones that's six free and easy rebounds for ayton.

I like the thinking behind this prop bet.