Conor v Khabib

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Just left the Westgate SuperBook.

Current prices: Khabib Nurmagomedov (-160) over Conor McGregor (+140).

Round prop: 2.5 (Under -130).

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Big bet on Khabib. Some so called experts say line will be close to even by fight time. I laughed when I was told this. Connor will not be able to compete with Khabib's wrestling. Khabib will be looking for take down after take down. Connor will be looking for the knockout punch.

Connor gets submitted round 3.

focker

EOG Veteran
Bettors backing McGregor just like they did when he fought Floyd.

Same trap, same result

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I don't pretend to be an MMA expert, however my gambling intuition tells me Khabib is the play here.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
this could be zany and unpredictable spectacle event with questionable judges at the end possible. One move or hit or distraction could end it either way, . in cases like that I like the +155 in coin flip situations...play the dog.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
One can come to a logical conclusion McGregor is just looking to get paid here. There are reports all him and his team do all day is drink whiskey and party.

E$

EOG Dedicated
Don’t know anything about UFC (nor do I want to) but it seems like Khabob is free $ just like Mayweather was.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
One can come to a logical conclusion McGregor is just looking to get paid here. There are reports all him and his team do all day is drink whiskey and party.

In an interview with Karen Bryant she asked this question. Connor replied he's be at home if it's about the money. I'm set for life he says. He goes on to say he's a fighter. He loves fighting. Connor also has a line of whiskey. The guy doesn't need the money, but obviously it's a nice payday.

I think Khabib wins because I usually favor the wrestler. Khabib got a gift against Tibau earlier in his career but Conor doesn’t have the takedown defense Tibau had.

Heim

EOG Master
UFC = WWE

Nobody can tell be the shananigans after the fight weren't staged. They even got Vegas Metro involved.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
UFC = WWE

Nobody can tell be the shananigans after the fight weren't staged. They even got Vegas Metro involved.

It wasn't staged. Doesn't matter as the fighter Khabib went after isn't under contract w/ UFC.

The best fighter in that division doesn't have the belt but he will as soon as he fights Khabib.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
It wasn't staged. Doesn't matter as the fighter Khabib went after isn't under contract w/ UFC.

The best fighter in that division doesn't have the belt but he will as soon as he fights Khabib.
Khabib was mad at Conor for holding or hooking his gloves. Connor teammate Dylan made some type of racial slur at Khabib after other incident. Khabib lost it. Millions in free publicity. UFC will likely try to talk DA out of pressing charges.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Khabib was mad at Conor for holding or hooking his gloves. Connor teammate Dylan made some type of racial slur at Khabib after other incident. Khabib lost it. Millions in free publicity. UFC will likely try to talk DA out of pressing charges.

Connor isn't pressing charges so they are good. The thing that sucks about is that they may run back a rematch while the best fighter in that division gets fucked.

El Cucuy is a different breed and deserves a shot at the title. Khabib willl be a false favorite against him, IMO.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Connor isn't pressing charges so they are good. The thing that sucks about is that they may run back a rematch while the best fighter in that division gets fucked.

El Cucuy is a different breed and deserves a shot at the title. Khabib willl be a false favorite against him, IMO.
Note: was speculating on Dylan comment. Would like to know what he said exactly that angered Khabib. If a rematch would bring the big money u can't blame the UFC. Would have to change the venue most likely.

railbird

EOG Master

he looked marginal tonight, vs a subpar fighter, another tattoed piece of trash

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
he looked marginal tonight, vs a subpar fighter, another tattoed piece of trash

El Cucuy shouldn't have even been in the octagon; dude isn't that far removed from blowing out his knee; it's like a medical miracle he even fought.

Anything can happen in a fight but El Cucuy should be able to handle Khabib. I've seen both fight lots of times and El Cucuy is the better fighter, IMO.

Nobody is ducking Ferguson. Let’s not forget the last time he was scheduled to fight Khabib he tripped and tore up his knee. Khabib beats that guy up, takes him down and out points him. Ferguson has a good ground game but if he’s under Khabib he’s losing.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Rumor is that El Cucuy may have an alchohol problem . Has been saying crazy stuff at prefight promos. Kind of like looking at LeBron in a Laker jersey. PS am assuming Cucuy(Beast in SP) is Conor's nickname.

Last edited:

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Nobody is ducking Ferguson. Let’s not forget the last time he was scheduled to fight Khabib he tripped and tore up his knee. Khabib beats that guy up, takes him down and out points him. Ferguson has a good ground game but if he’s under Khabib he’s losing.

And lets not forget that before that happened, Khabib pulled out of fighting El Cucuy because he couldn't make weight. How conveniant for him, He ain't stupid, El Cucuy is a different breed,

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Rumor is that El Cucuy may have an alchohol problem . Has been saying crazy stuff at prefight promos. Kind of like looking at LeBron in a Laker jersey. PS am assuming Cucuy(Beast in SP) is Conor's nickname.

He's a different breed in many ways; that's one of them, he is like a crazy narcassist but he sure can fight.

And lets not forget that before that happened, Khabib pulled out of fighting El Cucuy because he couldn't make weight. How conveniant for him, He ain't stupid, El Cucuy is a different breed,
Khabib hasn’t always been the most professional when it comes to making weight. Regardless Ferguson pulled out the last time so saying Khabib would duck him is really stupid. Ferguson’s TD defense is ok but not great he would lose a decision on the ground.

Heim

EOG Master
Dana White must be loving this. Kahabib check withheld, possible title stripping, suspension. I wonder what the PPV price will be for the re-match?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Khabib hasn’t always been the most professional when it comes to making weight. Regardless Ferguson pulled out the last time so saying Khabib would duck him is really stupid. Ferguson’s TD defense is ok but not great he would lose a decision on the ground.

Come on, Khabib is a seasoned professional who didn't even try to make weight against EC and you know it (his hospitilization was a nice dramatic touch). He's eating Tiramasu two days before one of the most anticipated fights in UFC history w/ a Title on the line?

You can spin it anyway you want but Khabib ducked EC. As for EC pulling out, he tore up his fucking knee, I dare say it wasn't intentional.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Come on, Khabib is a seasoned professional who didn't even try to make weight against EC and you know it (his hospitilization was a nice dramatic touch). He's eating Tiramasu two days before one of the most anticipated fights in UFC history w/ a Title on the line?

You can spin it anyway you want but Khabib ducked EC. As for EC pulling out, he tore up his fucking knee, I dare say it wasn't intentional.

This wasn't some throw-away undercard fight, they were headlining the Card.

If Khabib really wanted to fight EC, he would have made weight. End of Story.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Dana White must be loving this. Kahabib check withheld, possible title stripping, suspension. I wonder what the PPV price will be for the re-match?

There shouldn't be an immediate rematch because Connor got stomped the fuck out but $ talks so I wouldn't at all be surprised.

I just feel bad for EC, the dude can probably beat both of these guys; at least I would price him up as the favorite in either fight.

It wasn’t intentional of course. It was the week of the fight though and Khabib fought after making weight. If Ferguson’s fluke injury don’t happen they would have already fought. Can’t say a guy ducked someone under those circumstances.