Contests

Murphy’s Best

EOG Dedicated
I know the Golden Nugget has begun signups for their handicapping contest. I can’t find anything on Circa or Westgate. Anyone know when signups for those 2 contests begin? Thanks

Draft Kings opened up their own $4m guaranteed NFL pointspread contest, $1500 entry fee, open to anyone in a state they operate sports betting in. They have an interesting twist, you pick a week to take off, so you are only picking in 16 of the 17 weeks. Trying to decide if this will have a less sharp field since Nevada residents don't have an easy way to enter their picks, or if the abundance of sharps that were paying for proxies will now just enter this one instead and save the proxy fees.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Draft Kings opened up their own $4m guaranteed NFL pointspread contest, $1500 entry fee, open to anyone in a state they operate sports betting in. They have an interesting twist, you pick a week to take off, so you are only picking in 16 of the 17 weeks. Trying to decide if this will have a less sharp field since Nevada residents don't have an easy way to enter their picks, or if the abundance of sharps that were paying for proxies will now just enter this one instead and save the proxy fees.
That could be a huge contest with the number of states they are in now (11-12?)

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Except there are 18 weeks in the 2021-22 NFL regular season schedule.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

A bye week for the handicappers.

Interesting.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I know the Golden Nugget has begun signups for their handicapping contest. I can’t find anything on Circa or Westgate. Anyone know when signups for those 2 contests begin? Thanks

I heard Derek and Mike Palm and maybe one other Circa person say nothing will be done until the NFL sked comes out. That comes out Wednesday. Once that happens they said give them about a week, or so, and things should be out. So my guess is before Memorial Day weekend (May 29-31) and probably the week or so before