CRW Impact On Display in Gotham Stakes

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm odd enough to find the Pegasus Day report they have linked interesting

Good info, BLUE.

Great job by Patrick Cummings and his crew.

Here's one angle I've uncovered:

Big pool in a Pick 5 or a mandatory Pick 6 payout.

In the first leg of a highly-anticipated multi-race wager, a large wager is placed, presumably by one of the wagering groups, on a vulnerable favorite to influence the wagering public and their decisions on potentially singling the opening leg.

The horse is held at odds of 3/5 or 4/5 through most of the betting cycle.

In the final minutes of wagering, the odds of this false favorite drifts to 6/5 or 7/5.

This horse is dead as a doornail.

#PoolManipulation

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
When the big betting groups are getting information from jockeys or jockey agents, that's big trouble for the game in general and the unsuspecting horseplayer specifically.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I don't mind gambling against the big betting groups, but gambling against the big betting groups with inside information is troubling.

The big betting groups are uncanny at identifying dead favorites.

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
When the big betting groups are getting information from jockeys or jockey agents, that's big trouble for the game in general and the unsuspecting horseplayer specifically.
Scotty McClellan was the greatest there are still bookies that talk about the 4 horse round robin( all McCarron horses his rider of course) all win no chalk. It was in the mid 90"s I will try and find the charts for the day later.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I think jock agents are the smartest, most-connected sector/segment of the backstretch.

Longtime Russell Baze agent Ray Harris would visit Las Vegas and bet thousands through the windows at the old Barbary Coast.

How do I know?

My girlfriend was punching tickets there.