definitive proof we never went to moon--try to defy me

Re: definitive proof we never went to moon--try to defy me

The mirror was designed ahead of time to best reflect a signal,it was carefully planned approximately where to place it,this wasn't an on the fly operation,everything was calculated as precisely as possible;so mission control didn't need to give specific instructions on what to do,they were there to ensure everything went smoothly,and could get things back on track if necessary.

Approximately huh? What your talking about is akin to trying to shoot the eye out of a pissant from 400 yards with a swivel mounted laser attached to the roof of a car going 25 miles an hour while turning a corner.:LMAO

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

The mirror was designed ahead of time to best reflect a signal,it was carefully planned approximately where to place it,this wasn't an on the fly operation,everything was calculated as precisely as possible;so mission control didn't need to give specific instructions on what to do,they were there to ensure everything went smoothly,and could get things back on track if necessary.

Approximately huh? What your talking about is akin to trying to shoot the eye out of a pissant from 400 yards with a swivel mounted laser attached to the roof of a car going 25 miles an hour while turning a corner.:LMAO
diggin'4gold;
Curiously you went back to the mirror non-issue while avoiding this part of the post:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Anyone here who doesnt believe the US went to the moon,I challenge you to come up with a response to the same question:

...motive.what is it?
Why would the US government go to such great lengths to stage fake lunar landings,when the resources and expertise were available to actually do it ?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Care to take a crack at this question?

Back to the mirror,
Lasers travel at the speed of light [186,000 miles per second]so with the moon being around 240,000 miles away it only takes less than 3 seconds for laser light to get to the moon and reflect back to Earth.

The following excerpt from:
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Lunar_laser_ranging_experiment
explains how it's done.
Science trumps superstition.

The ongoing Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment measures the distance between the Earth and the Moon using laser ranging.Lasers on Earth are aimed at retroreflectors previously planted on the Moon and the time delay for the reflected light to return is determined.Since the speed of light is known with very high accuracy, the distance to the moon can be calculated. This distance has been measured with increasing accuracy for more than 35 years.

The distance continually changes for a number of reasons, but averages about 384,467 kilometers (238,897 miles).

The experiment was first made possible by a retroreflector array installed on July 21, 1969, by the crew of Apollo 11.Two more retroreflector arrays left by the Apollo 14 and Apollo 15 missions have contributed to the experiment.

The Apollo 15 array is three times the size of the arrays left by the two earlier Apollo missions.Its size made it the target of three-quarters of the sample measurements taken in the first 25 years of the experiment. Improvements in technology since then have resulted in greater use of the smaller arrays, by sites such as the McDonald Observatory and the OCA Laser-Lune telemetry station...

At the Moon's surface, the beam is only about 6.5 kilometers (four miles) wide and scientists liken the task of aiming the beam to using a rifle to hit a moving dime 3 kilometers[two miles]away.The reflected light is too weak to be seen with the human eye, but under good conditions, one photon will be received every few seconds (they can be identified as originating from the laser because the laser is highly monochromatic). This is one of the most precise distance measurements ever made, and is equivalent in accuracy to determining the distance between Los Angeles and New York to one hundredth of an inch. As of 2002 work is progressing on increasing the accuracy of the Earth-Moon measurements to near millimeter accuracy.

I suspect that back then, during the cold war era, there was an urgent need for funds to be used for covert infrastructure and operations that needed to be kept secret from the public. In an effort maintain secrecy and obtain massive funds, moneys were siphoned from what appeared to be a noble and patriotic cause, the space program!

Keep in mind that we are speaking of the 50's and 60's, during the 50's many covert government agencies were in start-up, most of these agencies were kept very secret, funding these agencies would have to be done using a beard (the space program). During the 60's funds became even harder to obtain due to the advent of the Vietnam War, but with the seemingly patriotic beard already in place there was a constant supply of funding.

As to the question of how the money was spent, that's a question that may never be fully answered, but to speculate, it would be correct to assume that the majority of the funds were spent on domestic infrastructure, building military bases under mountains during the cold war was very popular with the self centered politicians who ran the country.

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Bases.html

http://www.crystalinks.com/underbases.html

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/3/1/105149.shtml

http://www.espionageinfo.com/Ul-Vo/...tural-Considerations-in-the-Construction.html

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/offlimits/esp_offlimits_7.htm

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/fema_underground.htm

scrimmage

I suspect that back then, during the cold war era, there was an urgent need for funds to be used for covert infrastructure and operations that needed to be kept secret from the public. In an effort maintain secrecy and obtain massive funds, moneys were siphoned from what appeared to be a noble and patriotic cause, the space program!

Keep in mind that we are speaking of the 50's and 60's, during the 50's many covert government agencies were in start-up, most of these agencies were kept very secret, funding these agencies would have to be done using a beard (the space program). During the 60's funds became even harder to obtain due to the advent of the Vietnam War, but with the seemingly patriotic beard already in place there was a constant supply of funding.

As to the question of how the money was spent, that's a question that may never be fully answered, but to speculate, it would be correct to assume that the majority of the funds were spent on domestic infrastructure, building military bases under mountains during the cold war was very popular with the self centered politicians who ran the country.

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Bases.html

http://www.crystalinks.com/underbases.html

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/3/1/105149.shtml

http://www.espionageinfo.com/Ul-Vo/...tural-Considerations-in-the-Construction.html

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/offlimits/esp_offlimits_7.htm

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/fema_underground.htm

diggin'4gold;
Was the space program/NASA a beard for covert operations?
Sure there were other reasons for exploring and venturing into space then just scientific research.The space program allowed for science to be tested and applied,and the results obtained could be used by other agencies like the Pentagon,CIA etc.
Knowing the Apollo program went beyond the stated mission doesn't mean it was faked however,and your post failed to prove anything about that premise.

diggin'4gold;
Was the space program/NASA a beard for covert operations?
Sure there were other reasons for exploring and venturing into space then just scientific research.The space program allowed for science to be tested and applied,and the results obtained could be used by other agencies like the Pentagon,CIA etc.
Knowing the Apollo program went beyond the stated mission doesn't mean it was faked however,and your post failed to prove anything about that premise.

It is just one theory, there are others, the theory above may be a part of the answer, you have not proven otherwise.

scrimmage

It is just one theory, there are others, the theory above may be a part of the answer, you have not proven otherwise.
diggin'4gold;
A fact[the entire Apollo space program]isn't a theory.Your convoluted face saving response doesn't address anything,it's just gibberish.
How can someone debate vagueness?Or is your post actually a zen koan in disguise?

diggin'4gold;
A fact[the entire Apollo space program]isn't a theory.Your convoluted face saving response doesn't address anything,it's just gibberish.
How can someone debate vagueness?Or is your post actually a zen koan in disguise?

It's obvious that you are easily sold a bill of goods by the government and the main stream media, you have no desire to look in other directions when searching for truth, now there is some real gibberish!12io4j2w90

scrimmage

It's obvious that you are easily sold a bill of goods by the government and the main stream media, you have no desire to look in other directions when searching for truth, now there is some real gibberish!12io4j2w90
diggin'4gold;
What does this have to do with the topic of this thread,and the discussion we were having?
As you know by my prior posts I'm far from a person who's "sold a bill of goods by the government".
Resorting to personal attacks[and even BTW using my terminology-"gibberish-],means you have no cogent arguement.
Why does holding on to this discredited belief mean so much to you?Again,do you have any answer to the following:

Anyone here who doesnt believe the US went to the moon,I challenge you to come up with a response to the same question:

...motive.what is it?
Why would the US government go to such great lengths to stage fake lunar landings,when the resources and expertise were available to actually do it ?

diggin'4gold;
What does this have to do with the topic of this thread,and the discussion we were having?
As you know by my prior posts I'm far from a person who's "sold a bill of goods by the government".
Resorting to personal attacks[and even BTW using my terminology-"gibberish-],means you have no cogent arguement.
Why does holding on to this discredited belief mean so much to you?Again,do you have any answer to the following:

Being a bit defensive aren't you?

scrimmage

Being a bit defensive aren't you?
diggin'4gold;
Yeah;but it gets to me when 9/11 Truth gets connected to BS like the moon landings being faked,and thus discredited by proxy.That's why I get a little too serious with this subject.
We've agreed on a lot of things before,so don't take this difference of opinion personally.
Not everything's a conspiracy,and if we spread out our attention,especially on the unlikely,then the events that really could have happened differently than we're told will get lost in the shuffle.

https://zone.artizans.com/product.htm?pid=281835

InsideJob

EOG Senior Member

yes those are human hands in b.g. with miniature

there's a square b.g. light at top

InsideJob

EOG Senior Member

diggin,

scrimmage just cant exceed his paradigm, you and i have talked about this many times ... he was victimized and just cant get past being duped so long in his life ... we all were, but its obvious we didnt go ... hes been shown all sorts of facts, such as nauts on wires, such as nauts unable to agree on stars and noise ... such as michael collins lying and saying there are cyle of days on the moon, sun up, midday, sundown, dusk etc --its on tape, scrimmage, get outside the box like you were able to on 9/11 ... go to nasa's site and actually look at vids for a few hours, discover yourself ... you are trapped in a corner and too afraid fo admit you could be wrong--its ok,. i suckered for thew officialo version of 9/11 for 5 years before i woke up and look ed at it ... who knew about operation ajax, gladio, northwoods, paperclip ,mkultra, tavistock, wellstone CIA killing JFK years ago?

diggin'4gold;
Yeah;but it gets to me when 9/11 Truth gets connected to BS like the moon landings being faked,and thus discredited by proxy.That's why I get a little too serious with this subject.
We've agreed on a lot of things before,so don't take this difference of opinion personally.
Not everything's a conspiracy,and if we spread out our attention,especially on the unlikely,then the events that really could have happened differently than we're told will get lost in the shuffle.

https://zone.artizans.com/product.htm?pid=281835

I understand that you're passionate in your convictions with regards to the events that surround 9-11, and I know that you watchdog the fedgov, but my questioning the events of history should have no reflection on your causes. The issue I have with the 1969 moonshot is primarily focused on the technology of day, it is difficult for me to understand how it was done without micro processors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microprocessor

scrimmage

Compelling botched arguement...

http://www.opixuk.com/Kit_Ryan.htm

Inside Job/DimeDR;
What's the motive?
More BS is only more BS,if you want credibility instead of attention on this matter then again,come up with an answer to this:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Anyone here who doesnt believe the US went to the moon,I challenge you to come up with a response to the same question:

...motive.what is it?

scrimmage

I understand that you're passionate in your convictions with regards to the events that surround 9-11, and I know that you watchdog the fedgov, but my questioning the events of history should have no reflection on your causes. The issue I have with the 1969 moonshot is primarily focused on the technology of day, it is difficult for me to understand how it was done without micro processors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microprocessor
diggin'4gold;
There's ways of doing things without advanced technology,it might not be as efficient,or comfortable,but it could be done as long as the math was sound.
We can fly overseas in hours today by jet,yet hundreds of years ago it was done also,although it took much longer by sailing ship,the result was the same the distance was covered.
The moon is a relatively close object in space,so getting there was it necessary to crunch numbers that could only be done with micro processor's?
The "1969 moonshot" wasn't a one off event[and was repeated numerous times],but the result of decades of scientific and technological endeavour and progress,lets give credit where it's due to the brilliant minds and hard work involved to accomplish the missions.

For real:

http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/

This another theory;

The main reason why the US Government and NASA faked the 'official record' is because they could not be seen to be the weak link, especially when you consider that during the 60's, the USA were at the height of the Cold War with Russia. Also their own President had forecast that before the end of the 60's Man would be on the Moon. It would be better to try and fool the public and hoax the footage, rather than let their biggest rival in the World strike a huge moral victory by beating them to the Moon.

In particular, number #28

Here's 33 things that need to be answered!
<small><big>1) Sceptics argue that the lack of stars on Moon photographs is acceptable, despite zero atmosphere to obscure the view. Yuri Gagarin, pronounced the stars to be "astonishingly brilliant". See the official NASA pictures above that I have reproduced that show 'stars' in the sky, as viewed from the lunar surface. And why exactly do you think there are hardly any stars visible on Apollo films taken from the Moon? The answers simple - Professional astronomers would quickly calculate that the configuration and distances of star formations were incorrect and so NASA had to remove them to make sure they could keep up the scam.</big></small>
<small><big>2) The pure oxygen atmosphere in the module would have melted the Hasselblad's camera covering and produced poisonous gases. Why weren't the astronauts affected? </big></small><small> </small>
<small><big>3) There should have been a substantial crater blasted out under the LM's 10,000 pound thrust rocket. Sceptics would have you believe that the engines only had the power to blow the dust from underneath the LM as it landed. If this is true, how did Armstrong create that famous boot print if all the dust had been blown away? </big></small>
<small><big>4) Sceptics claim that you cannot produce a flame in a vacuum because of the lack of oxygen. So how come I have footage on this page showing a flame coming from the exhaust of an Apollo lander? (Obviously the sceptics are wrong or the footage shows the lander working in an atmosphere) </big></small>
<small><big>5) Footprints are the result of weight displacing air or moisture from between particles of dirt, dust, or sand. The astronauts left distinct footprints all over the place. </big></small>
<small><big>6) The Apollo 11 TV pictures were lousy, yet the broadcast quality magically became fine on the five subsequent missions. </big></small>
<small><big>7) Why in most Apollo photos, is there a clear line of definition between the rough foreground and the smooth background?</big></small>
<small><big>8) Why did so many NASA Moonscape photos have non parallel shadows? sceptics will tell you because there is two sources of light on the Moon - the Sun and the Earth... That maybe the case, but the shadows would still fall in the same direction, not two or three different angles and Earth shine would have no effect during the bright lunar day (the time at which the Apollo was on the Moon). </big></small>
<small><big>9) Why did one of the stage prop rocks have a capital "C" on it and a 'C' on the ground in front of it? </big></small>
<small><big>10) How did the fibreglass whip antenna on the Gemini 6A capsule survive the tremendous heat of atmospheric re-entry? </big></small>
<small><big>11) In Ron Howard's 1995 science fiction movie, Apollo 13, the astronauts lose electrical power and begin worrying about freezing to death. In reality, of course, the relentless bombardment of the Sun's rays would rapidly have overheated the vehicle to lethal temperatures with no atmosphere into which to dump the heat build up. </big></small>
<small><big>12) Who would dare risk using the LM on the Moon when a simulated Moon landing was never tested? </big></small>
<small><big>13) Instead of being able to jump at least ten feet high in "one sixth" gravity, the highest jump was about nineteen inches. </big></small>
<small><big>14) Even though slow motion photography was able to give a fairly convincing appearance of very low gravity, it could not disguise the fact that the astronauts travelled no further between steps than they would have on Earth. </big></small>
<small><big>15) If the Rover buggy had actually been moving in one-sixth gravity, then it would have required a twenty foot width in order not to have flipped over on nearly every turn. The Rover had the same width as ordinary small cars. </big></small>
<small><big>16) An astrophysicist who has worked for NASA writes that it takes two meters of shielding to protect against medium solar flares and that heavy ones give out tens of thousands of rem in a few hours. Russian scientists calculated in 1959 that astronauts needed a shield of 4 feet of lead to protect them on the Moons surface. Why didn't the astronauts on Apollo 14 and 16 die after exposure to this immense amount of radiation? And why are NASA only starting a project now to test the lunar radiation levels and what their effects would be on the human body if they have sent 12 men there already?</big></small>
<small><big>17) The fabric space suits had a crotch to shoulder zipper. There should have been fast leakage of air since even a pinhole deflates a tyre in short order. </big></small>
<small><big>18) The astronauts in these "pressurized" suits were easily able to bend their fingers, wrists, elbows, and knees at 5.2 p.s.i. and yet a boxer's 4 p.s.i. speed bag is virtually unbendable. The guys would have looked like balloon men if the suits had actually been pressurized. </big></small>
<small><big>19) How did the astronauts leave the LEM? In the documentary 'Paper Moon' The host measures a replica of the LEM at The Space Centre in Houston, what he finds is that the 'official' measurements released by NASA are bogus and that the astronauts could not have got out of the LEM.</big></small>
<big><small>20) The water sourced</small></big><small><big> air conditioner backpacks should have produced frequent explosive vapour discharges. They never did. </big></small>
<small><big>21) During the Apollo 14 flag setup ceremony, the flag would not stop fluttering. </big></small>
<small><big>22) With more than a two second signal transmission round trip, how did a camera pan upward to track the departure of the Apollo 16 LEM? Gus Grissom, before he got burned alive in the Apollo I disaster </big></small> A few minutes before he was burned to death in the Apollo I tragedy, Gus Grissom said, 'Hey, you guys in the control center, get with it. You expect me to go to the moon and you can't even maintain telephonic communications over three miles.' This statement says a lot about what Grissom thought about NASA's progress in the great space race.
<small><big>23) Why did NASA's administrator resign just days before the first Apollo mission? </big></small>
<small><big>24) NASA launched the TETR-A satellite just months before the first lunar mission. The proclaimed purpose was to simulate transmissions coming from the moon so that the Houston ground crews (all those employees sitting behind computer screens at Mission Control) could "rehearse" the first moon landing. In other words, though NASA claimed that the satellite crashed shortly before the first lunar mission (a misinformation lie), its real purpose was to relay voice, fuel consumption, altitude, and telemetry data as if the transmissions were coming from an Apollo spacecraft as it neared the moon. Very few NASA employees knew the truth because they believed that the computer and television data they were receiving was the genuine article. Merely a hundred or so knew what was really going on; not tens of thousands as it might first appear. </big></small>
<small><big>25) In 1998, the Space Shuttle flew to one of its highest altitudes ever, three hundred and fifty miles, hundreds of miles below merely the beginning of the Van Allen Radiation Belts. Inside of their shielding, superior to that which the Apollo astronauts possessed, the shuttle astronauts reported being able to "see" the radiation with their eyes closed penetrating their shielding as well as the retinas of their closed eyes. For a dental x-ray on Earth which lasts 1/100th of a second we wear a 1/4 inch lead vest. Imagine what it would be like to endure several hours of radiation that you can see with your eyes closed from hundreds of miles away with 1/8 of an inch of aluminium shielding! </big></small>
<small><big>26) The Apollo 1 fire of January 27, 1967, killed what would have been the first crew to walk on the Moon just days after the commander, Gus Grissom, held an unapproved press conference complaining that they were at least ten years, not two, from reaching the Moon. The dead man's own son, who is a seasoned pilot himself, has in his possession forensic evidence personally retrieved from the charred spacecraft (that the government has tried to destroy on two or more occasions). Gus Grissom was obviously trying to make a big statement as he placed a lemon in the window of the Apollo I spacecraft as it sat ready for launch!</big></small>
<small><big>27) CNN issued the following report, "The radiation belts surrounding Earth may be more dangerous for astronauts than previously believed (like when they supposedly went through them thirty years ago to reach the Moon.) The phenomenon known as the 'Van Allen Belts' can spawn (newly discovered) 'Killer Electrons' that can dramatically affect the astronauts' health." </big></small>
<small><big>28) In 1969 computer chips had not been invented. The maximum computer memory was 256k, and this was housed in a large air conditioned building. In 2002 a top of the range computer requires at least 64 Mb of memory to run a simulated Moon landing, and that does not include the memory required to take off again once landed. The alleged computer on board Apollo 11 had 32k of memory. That's the equivalent of a simple calculator. </big></small>
<small><big>29) If debris from the Apollo missions was left on the Moon, then it would be visible today through a powerful telescope, however no such debris can be seen. The Clementine probe that recently mapped the Moons surface failed to show any Apollo artefacts left by Man during the missions. Where did the Moon Buggy and base of the LM go? </big></small>
<small><big> 30) In the year 2005 NASA does not have the technology to land any man, or woman on the Moon, and return them safely to Earth. </big></small>
<small><big>31) Film evidence has recently been uncovered of a mis-labelled, unedited, behind-the-scenes video film, showing the crew of Apollo 11 staging part of their photography. The film evidence is shown in the video "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon!". and appears above in the 'Why Did Apollo 11 Astronauts Lie About Being In Deep Space?' section.</big></small>
32) Why did the blueprints and plans for the Lunar Module and Moon Buggy get destroyed if this was one of History's greatest accomplishments?<big> </big>
33) Why did NASA need to airbrush out anomalies from lunar footage of the Moon if they have nothing to hide?

scrimmage

This another theory;

The main reason why the US Government and NASA faked the 'official record' is because they could not be seen to be the weak link, especially when you consider that during the 60's, the USA were at the height of the Cold War with Russia. Also their own President had forecast that before the end of the 60's Man would be on the Moon.It would be better to try and fool the public and hoax the footage, rather than let their biggest rival in the World strike a huge moral victory by beating them to the Moon.
er diggin'4gold;
#1.Cite your sources:
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

#2.Look again at the twisted reasoning from the site:
It would be better to try and fool the public and hoax the footage, rather than let their biggest rival in the World strike a huge moral victory by beating them to the Moon.

Thay say it's better to stage a hoax than let their biggest rival beat them to the Moon.
Huh!Doesn't that imply the Soviets had the capability to actually
pull off a Moon landing,contradicting the very arguement they maintain.
If the Soviets were close to landing people on the Moon,why would the US have to go to all the trouble of faking it if they had the ability to do it also?
Apollo 11 was the only mission faked,or were all the Moon landings produced on a stage?
The only conspiracy here's that while NASA did do scientific work,the military/Pentagon piggybacked on the space program for technology development,the militarization of space,and satellite communication/surveillance capacities.

Is it possible that the Russians were close to staging a fake moon landing of their own? Could it be possible that both were sides were playing the same game? Could it be that whoever got the fake landing out to the public first would be the winner? Could it be that the Russians got fooled right along with everyone else?

And can you respond to #28?

28) In 1969 computer chips had not been invented. The maximum computer memory was 256k, and this was housed in a large air conditioned building. In 2002 a top of the range computer requires at least 64 Mb of memory to run a simulated Moon landing, and that does not include the memory required to take off again once landed. The alleged computer on board Apollo 11 had 32k of memory. That's the equivalent of a simple calculator.

scrimmage

Is it possible that the Russians were close to staging a fake moon landing of their own? Could it be possible that both were sides were playing the same game? Could it be that whoever got the fake landing out to the public first would be the winner? Could it be that the Russians got fooled right along with everyone else?

And can you respond to #28?
28) In 1969 computer chips had not been invented. The maximum computer memory was 256k, and this was housed in a large air conditioned building. In 2002 a top of the range computer requires at least 64 Mb of memory to run a simulated Moon landing, and that does not include the memory required to take off again once landed. The alleged computer on board Apollo 11 had 32k of memory. That's the equivalent of a simple calculator.
#28 was taken care of previously in Post #176:
diggin'4gold;
There's ways of doing things without advanced technology,it might not be as efficient,or comfortable,but it could be done as long as the math was sound.

We can fly overseas in hours today by jet,yet hundreds of years ago it was done also,although it took much longer by sailing ship,the result was the same the distance was covered.
The moon is a relatively close object in space,so getting there was it necessary to crunch numbers that could only be done with micro processor's?
The "1969 moonshot" wasn't a one off event[and was repeated numerous times],but the result of decades of scientific and technological endeavour and progress,lets give credit where it's due to the brilliant minds and hard work involved to accomplish the missions.

diggin'4gold;
#28 from where BTW?
Did you acknowledge the source for your comments?
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

When I respond to 1 thing then you keep expanding the topic,we go deeper into the thicket,and further from the light.
Considering your track record it's surprising to me that you're gullible enough to buy into this stuff.
"Is it possible","could it be","could it be","could it be",you call this compelling evidence of what?Choose your battles wisely...

[SIZE=-1]As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]ALBERT EINSTEIN[/SIZE]

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

All I can say is: WOW

Mr. Scrimmage, you have a lot more patience than I do.
But I decided years ago to quickly terminate arguments with nutcases like DimeDR.

Good luck
Wise Guy

Can you respond to #28?

scrimmage

In post #1 of this thread Dime DR asserted the following:
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">i will give you a hint, it was done on a sound stage in NV with Disney's help and the apollo 11 mission, anyhow, was directed by Stanley Kubrick ... </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
My response in post #7 was:
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Stanley Kubrick was a perfectionist,it took him years to finish 1 movie.Yet you suggest he worked for Disney in his spare time pulling off the greatest swindle ever.
You can't be serious about any of this total nonsense.

Another thing motive.what is it?
Why would the US government go to such great lengths to stage fake lunar landings,when the resources and expertise were available to actually do it.

Stanley Kubrick did direct a moon landing which was part of the film 2001:A Space Odyssey,an MGM Studios release.
Maybe the production values in this movie masterpiece account for the myth of Kubrick's involvement in directing faked Apollo Program events.

Arthur C. Clarke,Stanley Kubrick,on the set of 2001:A Space Odyssey:

http://peidisabilityalert.blogspot.com/2008/03/obituaries-arthur-c-clarke-90-science.html

2001: A Space Odyssey
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Kubrick

r

2001 is the first of many Kubrick films to use an all-classical score. Kubrick's famed opening shot of the Sun, Earth, and Moon is one of several accompanied by Richard Strauss's majestic fanfarelike Also sprach Zarathustra. Space flight is accompanied by Johann Strauss's graceful The Blue Danube, and all appearances of the monolith are accompanied by the unearthly modernistic Requiem by Gyorgi Ligeti.

Kubrick spent five yeas developing his next film,2001: A Space Odyssey (1968). The film was conceived as a Cineramaspectacle and was photographed in Super Panavision 70. Kubrick cowrote the screenplay with science fiction writer Sir Arthur C. Clarke, expanding on Clarke's short story "The Sentinel." Kubrick reportedly told Clarke that his intention was to make "the proverbial great science fiction film."

2001 begins four million years ago with an encounter between a group of apes and a mysterious black monolith, which seems to trigger in them the ability to use a bone as both a tool and a weapon. Use as the latter allows them to claim a water hole from another group of apes, who have no tool-wielding ability. A victorious ape tosses his bone into the air, at which point the film makes a celebrated jump cut to an orbiting weapons satellite, circa 2000. At this time, a group of Americans at their moon base have dug up a similar monolith. Geological evidence indicates that it was deliberately buried four million years ago.

When the sun rises over the monolith, it sends a radio signal to Jupiter. Eighteen months later, the U.S. sends a group of astronauts aboard the spaceship Discovery on a mission to Jupiter, the purpose of which is to investigate the monolith's signal, although this is concealed from the crew. During the flight, the ship's sentient HAL 9000 computer malfunctions but resists disconnection, believing its control of the mission to be crucial. The computer terminates life support for most of the crew before it is successfully shut down. The surviving astronaut,David Bowman (Keir Dullea),in a tiny space pod, encounters another monolith in orbit around Jupiter, whereupon he is hurled into a portal in space at high speed, witnessing many astronomical phenomena. His interstellar journey concludes with his transformation into a mysterious new being resembling a fetus enclosed in an orb of light, last seen gazing at Earth from space.

The film was a massive production for its time. The special effects, then considered groundbreaking, were overseen by Kubrick and were engineered by a team that included special effects pioneer Douglas Trumball [Silent Running,Blade Runner). Kubrick extensively used traveling matte photography to film space flight, a technique also used nine years later by George Lucas in making Star Wars, although that film also used motion-control effects that were unavailable to Kubrick at the time. Kubrick used an innovative use of slitscan photography to film the Stargate sequence. The film's striking cinematography was the work of legendary British director of photography Geoffrey Unsworth, who would later photograph classic films such as Cabaret and Superman. Manufacturing companies were consulted as to what the design of both special-purpose and everyday objects would look like in the future. At the time of the movie's release, Arthur C. Clarke predicted that a generation of engineers would design real spacecraft based upon 2001 "?even if it isn't the best way to do it."The film also is a rare instance of portraying space travel realistically, with complete silence in the vacuum of space and a realistic representation of weightlessness.

Although it eventually became an enormous success, the film was not an immediate hit. Initial critical reaction was extremely hostile, with critics attacking the film's lack of dialogue, slow pacing, and seemingly impenetrable storyline. One of the film's few defenders was Penelope Gilliat, who called it (in the New Yorker) "some kind of a great film."

Word of mouth among young audiences?especially the 1960s countercultureaudience, who loved the movie's "Star Gate" sequence, a seemingly psychedelic journey to the infinite reaches of the cosmos?made the film a hit. Despite nominations in the directing, writing, and producing categories, the only Academy Award Kubrick ever received was for supervising the special effects of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Artistically, Odyssey was a radical departure from Kubrick's previous films. It contains only 45 minutes of spoken dialogue, over a running time of two hours and twenty minutes. The fairly mundane dialogue is mostly superfluous to the images and music. The film's most memorable dialogue belongs to the computer HAL in HAL's exchanges with Dave Bowman. Some argue that Kubrick is portraying a future humanity largely dissociated from its environment. The film's ambiguous, perplexing ending continues to fascinate contemporary audiences and critics. After this film, Kubrick would never experiment so radically with special effects or narrative form, but his subsequent films maintain some level of ambiguity.

Interpretations of 2001: A Space Odyssey are numerous and diverse. Despite having been released in 1968, it still prompts debate today. When critic Joseph Gelmis asked Kubrick about the meaning of the film, Kubrick replied:
They are the areas I prefer not to discuss, because they are highly subjective and will differ from viewer to viewer. In this sense, the film becomes anything the viewer sees in it. If the film stirs the emotions and penetrates the subconcious of the viewer, if it stimulates, however inchoately, his mythological and religious yearnings and impulses, then it has succeeded.

scrimmage

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
meaning of the monolith revealed 1 of 2
<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/P95NWAHWLrc&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
meaning of the monolith revealed 2 of 2
<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/CiXR-pUrldw&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

InsideJob

EOG Senior Member

scrimmage for someone who exhibits brains in one dept., you sure come up lacking in this moon hoax .. diggin explained why, and i have too many times---go back and read ... go to nasa and look at their video library ... use pt1gard on YT and check his vids, he shows it was hoax... wires my friend, WHY ARE THEY THERE???? why do the nauts differ on whether they could see stars on the moon, was it cloudy on some of the missions :LMAO???? why do they disagree on whether they could hear the engines taking off inside the LM???

do you want me to list all the false flags in this nation's history???? have you ever heard of operation magic or the mccollom memo?

you are so friggin frightened 9/11 is compromised due to us posting moon hoax; listen up, my friend, where has the usa not lied when it bilks money out of the sheep, i.e. 60 billion for the moon BS ...

type in arcangel4myke into YT ... do you think China went to moon or walked in space? you can see friggin water bubbles all thru their hoax too, why didnt they go??? its been 40 years LMAO--they have the money and technology, or do you think our pocket calculators from 40 years trump their current tech? or is it just that our old Yankee ingenuity surpasses those dumb Chinamen?

my lord, scrimmage, you are so gullible it amusing

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

I have a bridge to sell if anyone is interested. Fucking loons to the hilt.

<table id="post2105858" class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175"> BCTTWR <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2105858", true); </script>
EOG Veteran

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_2105858" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);"> Re: definitive proof we never went to moon--try to defy me
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1"> I have a bridge to sell if anyone is interested. Fucking sheep to the hilt.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;"> </td> <td class="alt1" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td class="thead">BCTTWR</td> </tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">View Public Profile</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Send a private message to BCTTWR</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Find More Posts by BCTTWR</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"></td></tr> </tbody></table>
<table id="post2106308" class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="thead" style="border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94) -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;"> 04-22-09, 02:41 AM </td> <td class="thead" style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #188 </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175"> Wise Guy <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2106308", true); </script>
EOG Addicted

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_2106308" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);"> Re: definitive proof we never went to moon--try to defy me
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1"> Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by BCTTWR
I have a bridge to sell if anyone is interested....
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Sold
</td></tr></tbody></table>

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

Interesting topic.

From what I can gather it would seem to me as well that there are serious gaps the story (e.g. Bush not that long ago said he wants us back to the Moon by 2020. Why so long????)

Just what really bothers me is that why, if its a hoax, the Russians didnt not speak up about it

InsideJob

EOG Senior Member

slippery pete, honestly if youd like top talk about this, PM me ... I will calmly talk to anyone and PROVE IT WAS A HOAX .. I am not here to convince anyone, just point out the truths--look how often has the USA gov. told you the skinny on anything??? ...

try this pete, go to YT and type in "apollo 11 press conference" and watch the 3:30 or so interview with armstrong, collins and aldrin ... if you think they arent acting fishy, please come back and tell me.

do i base my research on that alone??? of course not, I have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours studying this over the last years ... I am sure you have many questions just like i did and still do ... the russians, however, faked all their stuff too, they prob offed poor Yuri on top of it

roscoe

EOG Veteran

mr insidejob, the u.s. gave moon rocks to scientists all over the world. not one said that the rocks could have come from planet earth! were we so good at this deception that we fooled the russians and all the great scientists of the world?we also left an object on the moon that can be seen from earth! please stick with the kennedy assasination where at least there is some doubt!

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

.... please stick with the kennedy assasination where at least there is some doubt!

Indeed. There is considerable evidence that there was much more to the Kennedy assasination than was reported officially by the government. But as has been pointed out earlier in this thread, it is much easier to hide the complete truth about a one-time (never to be repeated) event -- especially when the photograph-video record is almost non-existent.

mr insidejob, the u.s. gave moon rocks to scientists all over the world. not one said that the rocks could have come from planet earth! were we so good at this deception that we fooled the russians and all the great scientists of the world?we also left an object on the moon that can be seen from earth! please stick with the kennedy assasination where at least there is some doubt!

any photos ?

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

any photos ?

yes

Possibly because mirrors were left on the moon's surface by the US astronauts and the Russians can bounce light beams off those mirrors just as well as we can. These are special mirrors that cannot be "explained" as naturally occurring phenomenon -- the only possible explanation is that a person set them up on the surface of the moon.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2004/21jul_llr.htm

Fictionman

EOG Addicted

slippery pete, honestly if youd like top talk about this, PM me ... I will calmly talk to anyone and PROVE IT WAS A HOAX .. I am not here to convince anyone, just point out the truths--look how often has the USA gov. told you the skinny on anything??? ...

try this pete, go to YT and type in "apollo 11 press conference" and watch the 3:30 or so interview with armstrong, collins and aldrin ... if you think they arent acting fishy, please come back and tell me.

do i base my research on that alone??? of course not, I have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours studying this over the last years ... I am sure you have many questions just like i did and still do ... the russians, however, faked all their stuff too, they prob offed poor Yuri on top of it

What's up there nickel ? Or should I be calling you that times two ?

Fictionman

EOG Addicted

The people in this thread that believe we did not go to the moon,please inform your president(that is half white if I may add)that we did not go to the moon as he must believe we did because I just heard him say we did on a clean coal commercial.......