Del Mar 2018

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Del Mar 2018

I remember quite a few short-priced horses during Opening Week at Del Mar.

Helps the churn.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

i miss Friday's from Hollywood....

I also miss the days when Del Mar had the Cougar Handicap on a Friday and had the Miss Cougar contest to coincide with the race. Running the Cougar Handicap today, and no Miss Cougar contest. {sigh}

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Miss Cougar, edgy promotion by Del Mar.

Probably undone by some politically-correct douche.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Here's a field of five from Miss Cougar 2012.

Glad to see Jake, pictured in the middle, did not win.

Heim

EOG Master

If the #1 stays 4/1 I'm firing in R1. She's raced against much better after breaking her maiden. She had to chase a fast pace last two, if she's there around the turn big shot.

Heim

EOG Master

R2....it looks like everyone over betting the stumbled start last out for #2

alfie

EOG Dedicated

question from a novice....

del mar r 7...….why is a horse with over 4 mill in earnings, racing 3 times in 6 weeks in this race.....hoppertunity,

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

question from a novice....

del mar r 7...….why is a horse with over 4 mill in earnings, racing 3 times in 6 weeks in this race.....hoppertunity,

He's a true 1-1/2 Mile dirt horse and they just don't write that condition anymore. He's a grinder, and those type usually better when they stay busy.
He's also the rare exception of a 7YO horse (not gelded) still running.

alfie

EOG Dedicated

He's a true 1-1/2 Mile dirt horse and they just don't write that condition anymore. He's a grinder, and those type usually better when they stay busy.
He's also the rare exception of a 7YO horse (not gelded) still running.

ty…….

Heim

EOG Master

25/1 but #1 has a shot in R6. Preferred distance...they'll rate him off the speed.

Heim

EOG Master

R6 #10 couldn't win out of the 1 hole last time out same distance but wins out of the 10 today around two turns....assuming they tried last time. Didn't look like it down the stretch.

Heim

EOG Master

R2 Del Mar

#5 Coming out of a highly rated claiming race last out.

Gun to my head it's #1

Heim

EOG Master

How is the #7 a 5/2 ML when he's coming out of the same race as #1..finished behind the #1 and today has a worse post than #1 around two turns yet public loves the #7? Moreover #1 had a tougher trip last out too.

waco

EOG Dedicated

I’ll be there next Friday!! Can’t wait. Table outside at FINISH LINE!!

Heim

EOG Master

R6 Del Mar....#2 should be in perfect position around the turn stalking #4 & #7. I know Koriner's outfit loves him tonight.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran

Gotta say. I’m an idiot.

I hit the pick 5 today if I don’t leave the 3 horse out in the 2nd.

Went 4 deep in the first and come up with a $23 winner.

Single the 4 in the 3rd.

But what do I do in the 2nd?

Go 6 fuckin deep and leave off the 2 and 43. Shipping to the west coast and 7 months off scared me away. I’m an idiot. Would have hit a 9k pick 5

blueline

EOG Master

I'll redboard.
I owe 2w2p2s one for posting about the 1st race in another thread. Highly unlikely I look at the race without his post.Bet less than 40 dollars total so far at the meet.
I went 2x2x5 to grab the 1st double and pick 3.
The layoff for the horse in the 2nd was a key positive for me.Didnt bet a pick 5

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

Trevor must not be writing down the jock changes....just called Kyle Frey on the winner in r6 when it was Santiago Gonzalez was up.

Heim

EOG Master

Amazing stat....dirt favorites winning at a 53 percent clip. Favorites on the turf? 13 percent.

Heim

EOG Master

Everyone's favorite handicapper Patrick McQuiggan likes the #5 in the second. I'm sure ComptrBob will empty his Roth account backing this 20/1 back class horse.

Heim

EOG Master

Incredibly posts 1 & 2 are 3 for 76 in DMR sprints. And one of the winners was Roadster, the next Justify according to Bobby B.