Devastating news about PalmTree

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Re: Devastating news about PalmTree

Didn't always agree but I always respected his knowledge of sports.

Johnny Knuckles

EOG Veteran

I come home extremely exhausted from a long day, and I get punched in the face by this devastating news. I cant believe it. All of a sudden, my bets tonight mean nothing. I am beyond shocked. I always had tremendous respect for Palmtree. This guy didnt know me from a hole in the wall, but was nice enough to add me to his group email listing a few years ago, and sent me his daily baseball plays. Would always reply to any email I sent. I'm saddened tonight

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Johnny, thanks for the note.

Eric will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

He had a great way of talking seriously about a topic yet not taking himself too seriously.

I think EOG taught Eric to care more about the opinions expressed by people he respected than opinions expressed by anonymous sorts operating in the shadows.

AA's story about PalmTree is spot-on.

Gabe

Horse racing expert

I come home extremely exhausted from a long day, and I get punched in the face by this devastating news. I cant believe it. All of a sudden, my bets tonight mean nothing. I am beyond shocked. I always had tremendous respect for Palmtree. This guy didnt know me from a hole in the wall, but was nice enough to add me to his group email listing a few years ago, and sent me his daily baseball plays. Would always reply to any email I sent. I'm saddened tonight

really puts everything into perspective ,eh?

Gabe

Horse racing expert

Palm was a good guy and i figured one day id meet him. Sorry to learn that day will never come.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated

RIP Eric...you will be missed by many.

Eric was my Westgate proxy when I finished in the top 5.

We remained friends since, chatted often during football season. I'm very sad to discover he has passed away.

Johnny LaRue

EOG Addicted

Sorry for the loss...wish I could have got to know him...at least he doesn't have to deal with all the BS of this stupid world anymore, and is likely in a good place....because smart people live on after death....

Sorry to hear of Eric's passing, and sorry for the loss of your friend, John.

Can't recall crossing paths a whole lot with Palm Tree in threads here, given our different areas of focus.

But he definitely was a big part of what has been good about EOG.

My condolences as well to his family.

jfhst18

EOG Veteran

Always knew a Palmtree thread wouldn't suck. Sorry to hear he's gone.

Waz

EOG Addicted

I went to lunch about once a month with Palmtree and another gambler or two throughout the last few years. The conversation was always great as he was very opinionated and not afraid to disagree with you - the kind of person that I like. He loved baseball and it was always great hearing him discuss some of the finer points of the game. But best of all, he was warm-hearted, caring and a very kind human being. You don't see those attributes in gamblers very often, so I immediately respected him and was happy to call him a friend. RIP Eric.

Waz

EOG Addicted

And John, or anyone else I know on here, please reach out to me if there is a tribute for him here in Las Vegas. I'm not on EOG as frequently as I was in the past, so I don't want to miss it.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

Palmtree's MLB season previews every March were amazing and entertaining and he shared a wealth of tidbits and good info. I'm sorry I never got to meet Palmtree and shake his hand.

pippy

EOG Addicted

Never had the pleasure of meeting Palmtree ..the outpouring of kind words show how well he was liked and respected..RIP Eric..

As a newer poster I never knew him obviously, but sad news and my prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

Since this thread I've stopped drinking soda. Occasional beer but iI simply refuse to drink my Cherry Coke anymore.

Gabe

Horse racing expert

His mlb preview with jk was very nice. I loved it. He mentioned that i was one of his favorites. Damn damn damn this sucks

Johnny Knuckles

EOG Veteran

I'm not going to lie, I thought a couple times today at work about the Palmtree loss. I still cant believe it. Every once in a while, something happens in life that is just truly shocking. For a guy I never met, I sure liked listening to him on the radio and reading his printed opinions. I'm really at a loss for words. This is an absolute stunner.

Johnny Knuckles

EOG Veteran

BTW is there a picture out there of who Palmtree was. I always wondered over the years just who he was. I checked the online NJ papers and couldnt find an obituary or anything like that.

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

Palmtree in March with me at the Westgate. He was driving me around town so I could shop for the best number and price on baseball win totals.
Loved the guy. Saw him every time I came into town.
It will never be the same without him.

macau

EOG Addicted

Sorry to hear that John about your friend Palmtree, when someone goes like that it can be very hard.