Did Reggie's interference cost the Dodgers the 78 WS?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
The answer is no. Yanks dominated and were the far superior team, the numbers don't lie. LAD committed 7 errors, that's too many if you want to win a title.

<TABLE class=wikitable style="MARGIN-LEFT: 2em"><TBODY><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6e6e6; TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TH align=left width=130>Team</TH><TH width=25>1</TH><TH width=25>2</TH><TH width=25>3</TH><TH width=25>4</TH><TH width=25>5</TH><TH width=25>6</TH><TH width=25>7</TH><TH width=25>8</TH><TH width=25>9</TH><TH width=25>10</TH><TH style="BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 3px" width=25>R</TH><TH width=25>H</TH><TH width=25>E</TH></TR><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD align=left>New York Yankees</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 3px" width=25>36</TD><TD>68</TD><TD>2</TD></TR><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD align=left>Los Angeles Dodgers</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 3px" width=25>23</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>7</TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" colSpan=14><SMALL>Total attendance: 337,304 Average attendance: 56,217</SMALL></TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" colSpan=14><SMALL>Winning player?s share: $31,237 Losing player?s share: $25,483</SMALL><SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-wsshares_6-0>[7]</SUP></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: Did Reggie's interference cost the Dodgers the 78 WS?

WE HAVE A WINNA

As i said before WITHOUT his interefernce (which any ump in Little League coulda seen) Dodgers win that game - go UP 3-1 and SERIES OVER

and since you wanna play the "composite box" thing - i am game for that

Composite box
1960 World Series (4?3): Pittsburgh Pirates (N.L.) over New York Yankees (A.L.)
<TABLE style="MARGIN-LEFT: 2em" class=wikitable><TBODY><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6e6e6"><TH width=130 align=left>Team</TH><TH width=25>1</TH><TH width=25>2</TH><TH width=25>3</TH><TH width=25>4</TH><TH width=25>5</TH><TH width=25>6</TH><TH width=25>7</TH><TH width=25>8</TH><TH width=25>9</TH><TH style="BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 3px" width=25>R</TH><TH width=25>H</TH><TH width=25>E</TH></TR><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD align=left>Pittsburgh Pirates</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>4</TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 3px" width=25>27</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>4</TD></TR><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD align=left>New York Yankees</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>5</TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 3px" width=25>55</TD><TD>91</TD><TD>8</TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" colSpan=13><SMALL>Total attendance: 349,813 Average attendance: 49,973</SMALL></TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" colSpan=13><SMALL>Winning player?s share: $8,418 Losing player?s share: $5,215</SMALL><SUP id=cite_ref-wsshares_8-0 class=reference>[9]</SUP></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

let's see now - one team outscored the other by OVER 2-1 ratio. one team got OVER 50% MORE hits than the losing team

FK - do you recall who won this series?

i stand by what i said that made you bring this up

IF that play is called correctly - Dodgers WIN the WS - 100% SURE of it

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

FK - hate to hijack this thread but here is one up YOUR alley

"Did Marty McMEATHEAD'S ILLEGAL stick cost the Kings the 1993 Stanley Cup?"

I think we both know the answer to this one! IF the series comes back to LA with the Kings UP 2-0 (instead of 1-1 which it was)............The LA Kings are your 1992-23 Stanley Cup Champions!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

WE HAVE A WINNA

As i said before WITHOUT his interefernce (which any ump in Little League coulda seen) Dodgers win that game - go UP 3-1 and SERIES OVER

and since you wanna play the "composite box" thing - i am game for that

Composite box
1960 World Series (4?3): Pittsburgh Pirates (N.L.) over New York Yankees (A.L.)
<TABLE class=wikitable style="MARGIN-LEFT: 2em"><TBODY><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6e6e6; TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TH align=left width=130>Team</TH><TH width=25>1</TH><TH width=25>2</TH><TH width=25>3</TH><TH width=25>4</TH><TH width=25>5</TH><TH width=25>6</TH><TH width=25>7</TH><TH width=25>8</TH><TH width=25>9</TH><TH style="BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 3px" width=25>R</TH><TH width=25>H</TH><TH width=25>E</TH></TR><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD align=left>Pittsburgh Pirates</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>4</TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 3px" width=25>27</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>4</TD></TR><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD align=left>New York Yankees</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>5</TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 3px" width=25>55</TD><TD>91</TD><TD>8</TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" colSpan=13><SMALL>Total attendance: 349,813 Average attendance: 49,973</SMALL></TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" colSpan=13><SMALL>Winning player?s share: $8,418 Losing player?s share: $5,215</SMALL><SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-wsshares_8-0>[9]</SUP></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

let's see now - one team outscored the other by OVER 2-1 ratio. one team got OVER 50% MORE hits than the losing team

FK - do you recall who won this series?

i stand by what i said that made you bring this up

IF that play is called correctly - Dodgers WIN the WS - 100% SURE of it
LAD had a 2-0 lead in the series and found a way to blow it. If Russell catches that ball and tosses to first, he gets the DP. He made a mockery of the game by dropping the ball on purpose and got what he deserved. If he wanted to win he should have found a way to not throw the ball anywhere near Reggie. Bad job by Russ, he didn't find a way to get it done.

Also, after that play, the Dodgers were still ahead 3-2 in the game, they still could have held that lead and won the game.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I'll look into Marty Meathead, didn't know that.
the answer is YES

Kings were up 1 late in G2 when the Habs challenged McSorley's stick. it was illegal - they went on a PP and scored to tie the game and won it in OT. IF McSorley's stick is legal - the KINGS go on the PP and win the game - go up 2-0 and head home and win the series instead Pat Roy stood on his head and the Habs won a few games in OT and the series

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

That's a bad job by marty. He's an enforcer not a scorer..he doesnt need an illegal stick he doesnt do anything with that stick to begin with.