Did You Guys See Fox News' Shephard Smith Standing Next to That Dead Body In N. O.?

Shep Smith saying that he fears for the safety of his crew and are evacuating the area...plus the rescue choppers are taking automatic weapons fire.

The site of that body finally brought it home to me....and the 10k plus people on that I-10 bridge.

I don't want to watch anymore.

Glaken

Last edited:

opotus

EOG Veteran
There's not much you can do (outside of contributing to the relief efforts). In my opinion, it doesn't do much good to depress ourselves by watching. It's depressing both from seeing the suffering, but also seeing how many are being reduced to animal and instinctual (i.e. illegal!) behavior

opotus said:
There's not much you can do (outside of contributing to the relief efforts). In my opinion, it doesn't do much good to depress ourselves by watching. It's depressing both from seeing the suffering, but also seeing how many are being reduced to animal and instinctual (i.e. illegal!) behavior

Excellent post Opotus.

Welcome to EOG

Glaken

Well after CNN hammered Bush everything moving faster now

Tomorrow there will be tons of national guard and food

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I see no difference between the looters stealing stuff from businesses and the wiseguys pounding the Saints under right before, during and after Hurricane Katrina. They're all a bunch of lowlife scumbags. :+thumbs-1

I hope the Saints win double digits. :+thumbs-2

Pac Man

EOG Member
Things aren't so bad there. It's just a great big party, just like Mardi Gras. It's the damn liberal media trying to make Bush look bad. :toiletgra

Big Action

EOG Member
New Orleans was rather lawless to begin with. This is not a normal city. All hell was bound to break loose.

Fox News Radio said that there were at least 6 murders inside the SuperDome last night. Also many rapes. Horrible.

opotus

EOG Veteran
THE SHRINK said:
opotus,

Welcome to EOG...:+waving-5

THE SHRINK

Thanks!

Is that a real picture of the immortal "Shrink"?

I honestly have never seen what you/he looks like.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I hate to say it, because I voted for Bush twice, and like him as a person. But this clown needs to go. No excuse for this. We have done a better job helping Third World countries than our own city.

These people should have been rescued starting as soon as the Hurricane passed. What the hell was all this terrorism response preparations for? This is the same as if there was a terrorist attack as far as damage and all of the new alphabet disaster/terrorist response government agencies failed.

This storm was not THAT bad. More people are dying afterwards because of no help then during. Bush, you are a goddamn incompetent fool. Let's not even go into the ridiculous Iraq war. This man has weakened this country to the point we can no longer adequetely defend ourselves militarily, we can't even rescue people from Hurricanes.

Bush, you are a disgrace sir. Might as well go back on your three month summer vacation. Shameful.

dirty

EOG Master
Yea the Murders and the rapes were Becuase the Einsteins in charge in NO put the Prisoners from the Jails in the General Population at the Superdome and then there wasn't enough Law Enforcement to keep up with them

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Jaw dropping quote from the directer of FEMA on the NBC Nightly News. Brian Williams asked him why the federal government hadn't helped the people at the convention center and he said they didn't find out about them until today.

Two Good post Dell, I knew you would be an asset to EOG. FWIW I too voted for GW the second time, mainly because I felt there was to much critical data and info flowing at the moment to withstand an administration change; plus I feel the people around GW were more tuned in than Kerry's non-existent cabinent. Just couldn't afford the 9-12 months for a new philosophy to set in. I agree that sadly Katrina will be GW's legacy, not Iraq (actually his dad's war) and his response along with the reaction of the idealogical partisan morons on Capitol Hill will come back to haunt them.

dirty

EOG Master
jjgold said:
Well after CNN hammered Bush everything moving faster now

Tomorrow there will be tons of national guard and food

If you Honestly think that is the reason you are very Dillusional.

Thier is a Protocol to Follow and noone Bitched in NY when it took 3-5 days to get Federal personel to NY following the Terrorist attacks.

It goes City and county, State and then Federal......

FEMA starting reaciting Immediately as did the local EMA's The difference is in NY only a few blocks were destroyed and here the Shit was Destroyed over 3 STATES and thier were no local services to call. The state did what they could. IN NY they could call the Firefighters and Cops across town....

Here they Can't. Everything is Destroyed. No way the local, state and Fed Gov't can handle All this destruction over 3 states at the same time with no power, Highways or ways to drop food (if they drop in where the people are stranded it gets destroyed by Water).

People forget about FLA that got hit Before this. Alot of our sources are there......but you never brought that up You Bleeding Heart Liberal that just wants to bash Bush and His Administration.

Be a realist about situations and quit being closed Minded about How EVIL the Republicans are and Maybe something can get done.

The Local Govt is the one that started this mess. WTF is up with Releasing Prisoners into the Superdome witht he General Pop.......do you think they arent the ones doing the raping and Pillaging there????? Nah.......

The Libs will damn sure they make it to Vote even if they are not Registered and have No idea....but they don't have a Solution to the problem of stranded People EXCEPT BITCHING THAT THE WHITES AND REPUBLICANS DIDN'T SAVE THEM......Where is Ted Kennedy and Bobby Jr with thier Rich Asses??????

How about Commy KErry?????? No word on how they (or the left would Solve the Problem) Just Only Bitching about what is done Now!!!!!!!

get over it and wake up.

dirty

EOG Master
Why didn't the Local Gov't or State Gov't have a Evacuation plan????????

They damn sure did.......You can't make people leave that Refuse to leave

If they lacked money they could get to shelters. They had plenty of warning

Damn Liberals kill me.

USA is not Great becuase of it's people it is great becuase of it's Government

People have to take Responsibility for thier actions.......and blaming the Government for people trying to Ride it out in thier Homes is just Friggin' Lunacy

The Media and the NWS warned them in plenty of time to get out...They decided to stay home.

Put some blame where it belongs.

I can hear the mayor of New Orleans now on Saturday afternoon on Fox and CNN when the hurricane was a cat 2...."I'm not ordering any mandatory evacuations". No Monday morning quarterbacking here and I'm far from Jim Cantore, but a storm over 80-90 degree gulf water WON'T intensify? Sure enough, wake up Sunday morning and you got a monster on your hands. The fingers should have been punching that phone getting the National Guard ready.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
What this just shows is if there is another terrorist attack, we are screwed. Don't expect any help. Every man, woman and child for themselves. No excuses. After 9-11 we were suposed to be prepared for anything.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Rinkrat said:
I can hear the mayor of New Orleans now on Saturday afternoon on Fox and CNN when the hurricane was a cat 2...."I'm not ordering any mandatory evacuations". No Monday morning quarterbacking here and I'm far from Jim Cantore, but a storm over 80-90 degree gulf water WON'T intensify? Sure enough, wake up Sunday morning and you got a monster on your hands. The fingers should have been punching that phone getting the National Guard ready.
Maybe they did not know the area or country code for Iraq?

Pac Man

EOG Member
Condoleeza Rice was buying $7000 worth of shoes at Ferragamo yesterday. I'm so glad that someone in our government has their priorities straight. George W. Bush is a delusional psychotic mass murderer who thinks he's God who long ago fried his pea brain on cocaine and booze. It's high time to run this entire incompetent government out of town and replace it with someone who can do their job. Anyone who still supports this clown is just as delusional and psychotic as he is. He will destroy this country and this world. I just hope you all have lots of bottled water, canned goods, and guns & ammunition ready to go because it could be your town next.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
jjgold said:
Dems care more

Clinton is an American hero

I have a great prop bet for a book. The over/under on when Pat Robertson will say God is punishing New Orleans for being a wicked, sinful city. Another good one is a futures bet on which "religious" leader will say God/Allah is responsible.

Pat Robertson
Osama Bin Laden
Jerry Falwell
Mohammed Attah
James Dobson

The Stinker of the House, Dennis Hastert, already said to hell with New Orleans. They should let it be detroyed. I also expect Jesse jackson to say Hurricane Katrina was racist because all the victims were black. Let the race/religious-baiting posturing begin.

Capping Tigerz

EOG Enthusiast
There was more effort put into what happened in NY for 9/11 the day after the attack then we have seen in 5 days after the disaster started down here. Its just amazing to me how we can spend so much money on 3rd world countries etc and when something like this happens no one can respond is anykid of time frame in part because money and budgets need to be adjusted while people suffer. Is this the thing that makes "America Great" i think not. Honestly the feeling from the majority of the people down here is louisiana is that we are partially being ignored by our own government cause we arent "NEW YORK" and we dont have that major media appeal and "We are America" identity. It's a shame in this country when people are allowed to starve and suffer while others sit in an office and decide where money should come from "4 DAYS" later to help us. Then law and order is trying to be regained in new orleans but we simply dont have the manpower esp since most of our "now very much needed" national guard is in iraq. These people are looked at as savages in the media and although some are , alot of these people are in survival mode and that makes for desperate acts.

Im not sitting here and blaming this all on one man which is the president because its bigger than that. Its the administration as a whole that is too blame along with part of the state government here because we should have also been better prepaired. But this situatio has not been handled well at all by this administration and hopefully the people of this country not only the gulf coast never forget it. Our prayers as many others are for our people down here in Bayou Country as we desperately need em.

Cap

Capper, it's a terrible mess you folks are in and I hope your family is safe. I know my state is sending power co. teams and rescue workers to the area. Most of whom were already in Florida helping out. GOOD LUCK! MAY'N!

As far as the government favoring NYC I disagree. Your damage is so wide spread it's just a logistical nightmare. Totally different situation. Also NYC is more prepared to deal w/moving large amounts of people and the clean up was mostly in house the first week. I just don't think you can compare the two.

You know what's ticked me off on this whole mess too Capping is the media's involvement in all this. They fly over people who are dying (literally) to be rescued and just look down on them then fly away, kinda like sticking your hand in the animal cage then yanking it away.

And/or they stand there amongst all these poor people freshly showered, had their meal, clean clothes blah blah. Hey Fox, CNN & MSNBC! You want to be heros? Have your field reporters roll up their sleeves and help. I don't need to see 809 different views from overhead and I don't need to see more than 100 interviews asking people how they feel. Sir, how do you feel? Gee, Shep, I've been starving for 4 days in 90+ degree heat and a 70+ degree dewpoint, with no shower, no bathroom and most importantly, no hope.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Dell Dude said:
I also expect Jesse jackson to say Hurricane Katrina was racist because all the victims were black. Let the race/religious-baiting posturing begin.

Jackson Blasts Bush Over Katrina
Sep 02 3:48 PM US/Eastern

Racism is partly to blame for the deadly Hurricane Katrina, The Rev. Jesse Jackson said, and blamed President Bush's response to the disaster.

"I turn on the television and don't see any white people living like refugees in a third world country. Katrina targetted only the most vulnerable African American communities in New Orleans and Mississippi. And President Bush has shown such a lack of leadership and compassion he has revealed himself to be incompetent and insensitive to minorities."