Do you believe in unicorns?

VegasMike01

EOG Addicted
Well, here it is boys. It has been a fun day. Unicorns do exist, and so did Eye On Lines (at least while I was trying to pitch it). I put forth my best sales pitch fellas, but it just wasnt good enough. Lets give this thing a farewell party as I dont think we will be seing Eye On Lines anytime soon.

I would like to thank Ken and General for at least letting me present this prodcut as I still strongly believe in its potential.

http://www.gjupdate.com/eoglines

Hurry and get your sneak peak before it is gone!
:+signs9-1

Baker

EOG Member
Too bad it didn't work out, your product looks great.

If a product like this were available on EOG and it required a login (registration) to use I would guess that signups and traffic here would go through the roof.

Question for you VegasMike. I am in need of a XML feed parser that would work in conjunction with Pinnacle's XML feed and integrate with a database. Do you know anyone that could provide me with a solution?

BADLIEUTENANT

EOG Enthusiast
Looks real tight to me .

Haven't been keeping up with thread late this afternoon & really none of my business .That being said,if it doesn't fly it may have something to do with a prior commitment or something out of your control .GL

VegasMike01

EOG Addicted
Baker said:
Too bad it didn't work out, your product looks great.

If a product like this were available on EOG and it required a login (registration) to use I would guess that signups and traffic here would go through the roof.

Question for you VegasMike. I am in need of a XML feed parser that would work in conjunction with Pinnacle's XML feed and integrate with a database. Do you know anyone that could provide me with a solution?

Thank you Baker, you are stating some of my sales pitch. Big picture the thing adds value to a site because it compares to any professional product out there.

As far as Pinnacle is concerned, research XSL and XSLT in google, there should be some examples and with a little work you could get the pinny feed to output any way you need.

I do not know why Kenny puts up the lousy DB feed here. It is not real time and lousy platform

G-J clearly looks better

VegasMike01

EOG Addicted
jjgold said:
I do not know why Kenny puts up the lousy DB feed here. It is not real time and lousy platform

G-J clearly looks better

I wont say anythign bad about Don Best. Ken under a couple forums has had a great relationship with them for a long time. I just thought this would be the product that might give me a shoe-in. I think it was close, and it was being considered, but at the end of the day I guess Don Best just provides more than what we all know. In time my friends, I wont stop here.

Mike,

I wish you well with your product.

Don Best & I have had a very strong relationship for many many years.

You have handled this well and I hope there are no hard feelings...

THE SHRINK

That is exactly the same thing I saw last night (this morning early AM). Links are the same, drop down leads to same stuff I saw last night, injuries listed in columns, etc.

Like I said I navigated it for 25-30 minutes checking it out. MUCH better content, and much better info, also gives the ability to see the line changes (with time stamps) not sure how accurate they are, but for a FREE feed, they are right in line.

So does this mean Shrink wil be on the radio this Friday night?

If so, this little package must have been enough leverage to "make it happen" ;)

Wanty if your compare both services for this site I would be embarrased to put up DB. There is that much difference

VegasMike01

EOG Addicted
wantitall4moi said:
That is exactly the same thing I saw last night (this morning early AM). Links are the same, drop down leads to same stuff I saw last night, injuries listed in columns, etc.

Like I said I navigated it for 25-30 minutes checking it out. MUCH better content, and much better info, also gives the ability to see the line changes (with time stamps) not sure how accurate they are, but for a FREE feed, they are right in line.

So does this mean Shrink wil be on the radio this Friday night?

If so, this little package must have been enough leverage to "make it happen" ;)

Yea, I never doubted that you saw it. The only thing I doubted was that you clicked the odds button to get there. Either way it is all a moot point now. As far as the archived line changes, they are very accurate. This thing will rival or beat any professional product on the internet because of who built it (me). :sarcasm:
:cheers

But seriously, I wish it would have worked for EOG posters, and who knows... it still might because on my end the offer isnt off the table. Maybe something can still be worked out. If not G&J will either shop this out to another key player in the industry, or go it alone. I must say though, I thought it looked pretty good with that EOG logo and really hoped for the best.

Baker

EOG Member
Mike-

Couple more questions for you.

1. What method do you use to determine the Opening Line for the NBA. For game 702 Atlanta tomorrow you have the opener for the total listed at 186 but it looks like Cris had opened first at 189.

2. Were you at the RX Bash?

Baker

BADLIEUTENANT

EOG Enthusiast
jjgold said:
DB injuries are delayed by approx 20 minutes

TV has them way before

Not cool .No reflection on this site but it just pisses me off to spend alot of $$$ each month & not get cutting edge information .Must be another solution as far as injuries go - maybe lines too .

If the injuries are 20 minutes late why does the screen not turn black until usually after injury is announced on DB or close to the same time ?Help me here JJ .

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well because most guys just wait for injuries on the DB to appear and hit them

Most guys are not watching news reports on tv or have satellites with 25 tvs.

The DB injury is common knowledge to everyone whether you subscribe or do not subscribe.

All they do is have a guy browsing internet sites and then put data on website.

There is no such service that every team reports injuries to a line service so players can bet on.

Its all public info

LMAO

VegasMike01

EOG Addicted
Baker said:
Mike-

Couple more questions for you.

1. What method do you use to determine the Opening Line for the NBA. For game 702 Atlanta tomorrow you have the opener for the total listed at 186 but it looks like Cris had opened first at 189.

2. Were you at the RX Bash?

Baker

I am not sure what book they get the opener from as I dont input that. I *thought* we used the CRIS line and the first line for the day, but you are right, if I look at the archived line moves it seems the number wouldnt be accurate, so I will have to look into that. If you goto the archived line moves you will see 189 as you indicated, but if you take my theory you see a different number altogether. I will find out the answer for you. Soon that product (very soon) will have functionality to use any book on the screen as the opener.

And yes, I was at the RX Bash, I thought I played poker at your table... Were you there with a canadian friend and your 2 wives?

VegasMike01

EOG Addicted
jjgold said:
Well because most guys just wait for injuries on the DB to appear and hit them

Most guys are not watching news reports on tv or have satellites with 25 tvs.

The DB injury is common knowledge to everyone whether you subscribe or do not subscribe.

All they do is have a guy browsing internet sites and then put data on website.

There is no such service that every team reports injuries to a line service so players can bet on.

Its all public info

LMAO

I am sure you are right JJ, but its hard to watch every channel and every news show 24/7 concurrrently. What a line service does is give you all the information in 1 place. We are just about done wrapping up the same deal we did in MLB which gave us the injuries extremely fast. Look for us to have NBA injuries before anyone else.

And to answer the question about why it moves when don best sends it. Thats where everyone is watching. And believe it or not, it isnt easy to find the injuries before the line services. As far as I know G&J is the only service that beats them to the punch on a consistent basis.

I have back tested both G-J and DB and the clear winner is G-J for injury updates

No comparison

Wise guys plays are way more accurate and noteworthy with G-J also