Dodger umpire

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I agree with you about having some sort of ball/strike calling, similar to tennis. He has been a big under ump for years, teams have to adapt to a bigger strike zone. Is it fair? No - but the players are also less likely to get reputation calls.

Valuist

EOG Master
One call that sticks out that he blew was a pitch where the catcher set up on the outside corner. The pitch was on the inside corner but clearly a strike. I was surprised to see an under ump like Eddings not call that a strike. He was fooled by the catcher setting up on the outer part of the plate.

I watched most of the game but must've been watching the Tampa/Eagles game during those pitches to Bryant. Just horrendous.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
One call that sticks out that he blew was a pitch where the catcher set up on the outside corner. The pitch was on the inside corner but clearly a strike. I was surprised to see an under ump like Eddings not call that a strike. He was fooled by the catcher setting up on the outer part of the plate.

I watched most of the game but must've been watching the Tampa/Eagles game during those pitches to Bryant. Just horrendous.
When catcher stabs hard to opposite side of set up, they often dont get that call, wasn't surprising

hcskip

EOG Addicted
Not to say that shady dealings were going on, but Vegas had a lot riding on the Giants losing this series.