Early NBA Observations

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
I am told that Kane would like a drama free NBA thread.

This is a troll-free safe space.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Scoring is up through the first 25 games of the 2018-19 NBA season.

Games averaged 212.6 ppg last season.

This season, it's 223.8.

Yowza!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Derrick Rose looks healthy for the T-wolves.

It may be the only good news for Minnesota thus far this season.

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
Looks like Jae Crowder fitting in nicely with the Jazz as well as previously mentioned Derrick Rose with Minnesota. Maybe playing
with Lebron James isn't always a good fit. Early but Kawhi Leonard looks great in Toronto.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
well at least when they needed to play hard , get some stops for a possible win they clamped down in the 4th.

34 points!!!

Oh wait thats 43 points given up in the 4th.

Heim

EOG Master
Lakers really have a problem when they go small. They need McGee in full time unfortunately he's not a full-time player.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
Looks like Jae Crowder fitting in nicely with the Jazz as well as previously mentioned Derrick Rose with Minnesota. Maybe playing
with Lebron James isn't always a good fit. Early but Kawhi Leonard looks great in Toronto.
Not going to get carried away with rose. He's had good games in the past few years but it's his ability, or lack there of, to bounce back or maintain any consistency at all that makes him bad. Would be nice to have him bounce back for a year.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
A few players already tired. Butler, Leonard and Hayward all resting tonight.
Butler had zero camp - his doing - and Hayward is coming off a major injury. I would be shocked if he played in back to backs consistently this year. Butler has put more minutes on his legs than anyone not named lebron the past 8 years, and will rest some this year.

Kawhi coming off the major leg injuries last year too.

cheapseats

EOG Master
STD: 31 overs & 17 unders.......................................Clip game tonight is in the 238 area...........................geez

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
2 blowout losses at home to bottom feeders, Cavs look like absolute garbage. Kevin Love isn't capable of leading a team.

Heim

EOG Master
2 blowout losses at home to bottom feeders, Cavs look like absolute garbage. Kevin Love isn't capable of leading a team.

I'm hoping Lakeshow can put something together to get him. They have enough young pieces to get it done.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
Cavs are the least talented team in the NBA.

Brooklyn might win 35 games this year. They have some talent on that team. Really like levert.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
You lost me at Joe Harris
Lol yeah, but Harris does a nice job stretching the floor and keeping the paint open for levert and russell. The nets have a decent bench too all things considered and allen has taken a nice step it looks like. They're not a good team by any means but the bottom of the east is an abortion and they at least have some talent to compete.

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
Tyronn Lue fired today, just a few years ago an NBA Championship coach who won on the coattails of Lebron James.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
Tyronn Lue fired today, just a few years ago an NBA Championship coach who won on the coattails of Lebron James.
The Lue hiring was a disaster from the start. He never had a chance. He let Lebron run the team which cost him all his credibility throughout the league. The reason Spoe went from unproven Riley lackey to top level coach in the league was because he ran his team... they ran his system. He made the calls despite the talent around him. He didnt let players run his team.