Ending The World Cup In A Shootout Is Like ?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Ending the World Cup in a shoot-out is like ending the NBA Championship having a free throw shooting contest at the end of Game 7! How stupid is this? You mean to tell me that in one game every four years these guys can't keep playing until someone scores? Hell, make it Sudden -Death, like the Super Bowl. This is crazy! Anyhow , Congratulations to All Italians and their Fans Everywhere!:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

MCP

you cannot compare soccer to basketball... this game could have literally went on forever

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
MCP said:
you cannot compare soccer to basketball... this game could have literally went on forever
And what would be wrong with that? One game going on 'forever' would only be more dramatic. One game, every four years cannot be too overly stressing for 30 guys on the field and 22 or whatever actually playing.

MCP

ZZ obviously you never played soccer ! im not joking when I say those guys were at risk of death if they keep going on and on

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
MCP said:
ZZ obviously you never played soccer ! im not joking when I say those guys were at risk of death if they keep going on and on
Yes, I played on a soccer team many moons ago. I think we could keep medical staff on stand-by to handle this game. At least they would die as heroes of their nation!:+thumbs-2 :+thumbs-2 :+thumbs-2

Everyone complains about this when it happens, and rightfully so. Very poor to have it end like this. I realize these games could go on forever but there's nothing wrong with that. If they really have to, why not reduce each side by 1 or 2 players after a certain amount of time like the NHL did with the 5 on 5 overtimes. At least it opens things up more for a goal to occur and it would be better to end it like that than on this penalty kick crap.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Reload said:
Everyone complains about this when it happens, and rightfully so. Very poor to have it end like this. I realize these games could go on forever but there's nothing wrong with that. If they really have to, why not reduce each side by 1 or 2 players after a certain amount of time like the NHL did with the 5 on 5 overtimes. At least it opens things up more for a goal to occur and it would be better to end it like that than on this penalty kick crap.
Excellent idea!:+thumbs-2 :+thumbs-2 :+thumbs-2

Reactions: WYM
every 15 minutes after extra time they should take a player off, when it gets down to 7 on 7 somebody will score or drop from exhaustion

Italy played like **** fucks. After the first half they did not attack for the reason that they have a much better goalie and waited until the shoot out.

Even when it was 11 garlic snappers vs 10 Frenches they didn't do shit but kick the ball away and played defense.

Fuck em' ***** fucks. And how da fuck you ain't gonna call a penalty on that fucken garlic snapper.

What Zidane did was great... also did you notice how the garlic snappers started hugging and touching the french during the game like it was all nice and shit. What tha fuck was that about.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Even Joe Morgan and Jon Miller agreed that a shoot-out to determine the Champion is ludicrous! I would have to believe a grand majority of people in the whole world would agree, eh?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
doc mercer said:
can you picture Jon Miller as a goalkeeper??

I BET HIS RANGE HE CAN COVER IS SHORTER THAN RIGHT SIDE IN HEAT!
Let's leave your stalkers out of this! FYI - I love Jon Miller and Joe Morgan. Morgan really got good after teaming up with Jon Miller, who is already as good as anyone!:+thumbs-2 :+thumbs-2 :+thumbs-2